PDA

View Full Version : team Sweden jersey would make one great Sabres jersey

DetDannyWilliams
09-16-2016, 03:06 PM
http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5007b2ea84aef6ab9cd08134/56d7c8af7c65e4eef25d2fd3/56d7c8b020c647a0f86f3dee/1456982202500/0302-swe-jersey.png

on the eve of the World Cup Andrew Peters and Craig Rivet on Hockey Hotline were ranking the countries jerseys the best and who has the worse...but Peters said something about the team Sweden jerseys " I tell you what I like the Sweden home team jersey. It's simple and it's already blue and gold (yellow), I think it would make a great Sabres jersey and it would be easy to change all they would have to do is get rid of the crowns and put the Sabres logo on the front of it, It's the right blue and it's the right yellow it's just perfect. Craig Rivet then said "the one complaint that I have heard about the current Sabres blue (home) jersey is that it's too dark of a blue I think the blue that the Sabres used was called midnight blue and it looks like the team is wearing black when they play on TV. Also there are the traditional Sabres fans that want the team to go back to the all blue jersey with the three yellow stripes on the bottom of the jersey and three yellow stripes on the sleeve."

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/rvEAAOxyA9dSaVZ-/s-l300.jpg

coastal
09-16-2016, 04:01 PM
Swedes r awesome

JATMtheJATM
09-17-2016, 05:19 PM
I want the sabres to bring back the goathead for a few games. Also, the slug jerseys should be used for preseason. Kinda like how the red wings use different jerseys for preseason

YardRat
09-17-2016, 05:22 PM
Still like the Hasek one pictured the best.

Ingtar33
09-18-2016, 07:50 PM
we just got back the best sabres jersey ever, and you're already crying for them to change it?

let it slide for a few years please. The current jerseys are beautiful (well the blue ones are)

DetDannyWilliams
09-19-2016, 03:33 PM
we just got back the best sabres jersey ever, and you're already crying for them to change it?

let it slide for a few years please. The current jerseys are beautiful (well the blue ones are)

It's going to be changed next season anyways when Adidas takes over making the jerseys from Reebok, The NHL is using the Florida Panthers as guinea pigs to test out the new Adidas jersey just like the NHL used the Sabres as Guinea pigs to test out the Edge "slug" jersey.

JATMtheJATM
09-19-2016, 05:55 PM
It's going to be changed next season anyways when Adidas takes over making the jerseys from Reebok, The NHL is using the Florida Panthers as guinea pigs to test out the new Adidas jersey just like the NHL used the Sabres as Guinea pigs to test out the Edge "slug" jersey.

No, they aren't. They are just changing the logo on the sweater

trapezeus
09-21-2016, 11:03 AM
I like the white's better. I wish those were the home jersey's like when I was a kid.

DetDannyWilliams
09-21-2016, 02:44 PM
No, they aren't. They are just changing the logo on the sweater

http://nhl.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_2424000/ff_2424674_full.jpg&w=500

http://nhl.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_2565000/ff_2565999_full.jpg&w=245

any :question: shure looks different to me

JATMtheJATM
09-21-2016, 05:15 PM
http://nhl.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_2424000/ff_2424674_full.jpg&w=500

http://nhl.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_2565000/ff_2565999_full.jpg&w=245

any :question: shure looks different to me

Uh, that's one teams jersey change. The whole league isn't changing its templates like they did in 2007

The Jokeman
09-21-2016, 06:21 PM
Still like the Hasek one pictured the best.

Hasek looked good in them but most of the team looked better in the old whites (see Patty and Alex Mogilny, Yuri, but of course most memorable play was Brad May "Day".

- - - Updated - - -

I like the white's better. I wish those were the home jersey's like when I was a kid.

Agreed but I don't mind the modern version of the jersey minus the arm pit "stains".

Dude
09-22-2016, 08:21 AM
It's going to be changed next season anyways when Adidas takes over making the jerseys from Reebok, The NHL is using the Florida Panthers as guinea pigs to test out the new Adidas jersey just like the NHL used the Sabres as Guinea pigs to test out the Edge "slug" jersey.This is, of course, false.

Adidas owns Reebok. Initially this is a branding change only. In several years they may move to a different fabric that is slightly more form-fitting, and they will, naturally, work in the Adidas logo and some variation of their 3 stripes. But your assertion that there will be large-scale changes right away, and that the Panthers are the "guinea pigs", is flat-out wrong, as is pretty much everything you post here.

Do some research every once in a while. You'll look smarter in front of all of your friends.

JATMtheJATM
09-22-2016, 10:10 AM
This is, of course, false.

Adidas owns Reebok. Initially this is a branding change only. In several years they may move to a different fabric that is slightly more form-fitting, and they will, naturally, work in the Adidas logo and some variation of their 3 stripes. But your assertion that there will be large-scale changes right away, and that the Panthers are the "guinea pigs", is flat-out wrong, as is pretty much everything you post here.

Do some research every once in a while. You'll look smarter in front of all of your friends.

This is what I was trying to say, but didn't as well. The jersey templates are not changing league wide due to the jerseys like they did with the edge like ddw claims. Florida is only changing their jersey. No league wide change is occuring

Dr. Who
10-03-2016, 11:54 AM
This is what I was trying to say, but didn't as well. The jersey templates are not changing league wide due to the jerseys like they did with the edge like ddw claims. Florida is only changing their jersey. No league wide change is occuring

I wish we'd go back to the old blue. I like your posts, but any idea of bringing back the slug under any circumstances should be verboten.

JATMtheJATM
10-03-2016, 03:48 PM
I wish we'd go back to the old blue. I like your posts, but any idea of bringing back the slug under any circumstances should be verboten.

I like the idea of wearing em for preseason. Don't get me wrong, the logo and jerseys were trash. But wearing them as a preseason logo would be unique. At the end of the preseason, auction em off with winnings going to charity. Kinda a cool idea

Dr. Who
10-04-2016, 09:23 AM
I like the idea of wearing em for preseason. Don't get me wrong, the logo and jerseys were trash. But wearing them as a preseason logo would be unique. At the end of the preseason, auction em off with winnings going to charity. Kinda a cool idea

Okay, if it's for charity and all . . . oh, and I forgot last time, I actually like bringing back the goathead. I think it would make a great third jersey.