X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

So, who's been constructing the passing plays

I hope it's not our new OC. But if it is, maybe he can fix the play calling, running the option every day, extended draw plays, and the hurry up offense.
    Last edited by Turf; 09-16-2016, 10:49 PM.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: So, who's been constructing the passing plays

Tiny Tim.

Tiny Tim performing his song "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" live, originally released in 1968 and from the album "God Bless Tiny Tim."More from Tiny Tim: https:...
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• kishoph
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Turf View Post
      I hope it's not our new OC. But if it is, maybe he can fix the play calling, running the option every day, extended draw plays, and the hurry up offense.
      Lynn was the RB's coach, I doubt he spent time putting together the passing game. As far as Lynn fixing the play calling, seeing this is his 1st time calling plays (at least at this level), I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
        • Nov 2007

What passing plays? All I've seen so far are shotgun runs up the middle, a couple of busted plays and balls thrown over the wide receivers heads
        I came.
        I saw.
        I conquered.

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

It is interesting that the primary running backs during Lynns tenure as a running back coach tend to be bigger guys like Jamal Lewis, Shone Greene and Chris Ivory.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Passing plays??? I thought the times we passed were due to busted running plays.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

Wildcat Lee, coach extraordinaire, teacher of mechanics, innovative wildcat mind, maker of QB's. Taylor probably had a decent season last year because he wasn't fully Lee'ed up yet.

Comment

• chris66
                • Sep 2006

Roman wasnt the issue his scheme was good. When you look at the all 22 receivers were open. The qb isnt very good. No new oc is going to fix that.

Comment

• Turf
                  • Jul 2002

Read WGR's article on how Roman didn't study the defense or take input from the staff, just went about doing his own crazy thing he dreamt up. I never liked him and always had him pegged as self indulgent who thought he was a genius. It was always about him.

Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy
                  Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chris66 View Post
                    Roman wasnt the issue his scheme was good. When you look at the all 22 receivers were open. The qb isnt very good. No new oc is going to fix that.
                    I can agree with this. If players weren't getting open then you can blame the OC.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

Read WGR's article on how Roman didn't study the defense or take input from the staff, just went about doing his own crazy thing he dreamt up. I never liked him and always had him pegged as self indulgent who thought he was a genius. It was always about him.

http://www.wgr550.com/Sources-Roman-...-not-/22880313
                      Well, I'm not so convinced. Ryan loads his teams with cronies so they can crony to the media too.

Maybe Roman didn't like the guys Ryan forced on him, Lee, Lal & Sparano Jr. Precedent says their offensive input hasn't been all that great through the years with Ryan. Maybe that's the truth in it. Maybe.

But it's hard to see Roman as being self indulgent and thinking he's a genius when he's never run his own passing game. Ryan completely leaves his offense alone supposedly, so Roman supposedly had a free hand anyway.

And if Roman was so difficult to get along with, however could he have gotten along with the temperamental Harbaugh so many years when Harbaugh was known to have his fingers in the passing offense. In one season without Harbaugh, left on his own with an HC who doesn't bother with offense, Roman suddenly became a Prima Donna ? Sounds not right to me.

But I'll say it again, you'll be missing the sensible Roman soon enough as you see how the season develops, or I'll happily hold myself up to ridicule if they suddenly become something they aren't. I don't mind.

But I'm pretty sure you're going to see this not ending well. There's something wrong with Ryan if he's gone through 5 oc's in 6 years, and I think it's the cronies he brings along.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

I agree with what the poster said in #8, but I'll be damned if I'm going to waste a 'Thanks' on a Patriot's fan.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                          Well, I'm not so convinced. Ryan loads his teams with cronies so they can crony to the media too.

Maybe Roman didn't like the guys Ryan forced on him, Lee, Lal & Sparano Jr. Precedent says their offensive input hasn't been all that great through the years with Ryan. Maybe that's the truth in it. Maybe.

But it's hard to see Roman as being self indulgent and thinking he's a genius when he's never run his own passing game. Ryan completely leaves his offense alone supposedly, so Roman supposedly had a free hand anyway.

And if Roman was so difficult to get along with, however could he have gotten along with the temperamental Harbaugh so many years when Harbaugh was known to have his fingers in the passing offense. In one season without Harbaugh, left on his own with an HC who doesn't bother with offense, Roman suddenly became a Prima Donna ? Sounds not right to me.

But I'll say it again, you'll be missing the sensible Roman soon enough as you see how the season develops, or I'll happily hold myself up to ridicule if they suddenly become something they aren't. I don't mind.

But I'm pretty sure you're going to see this not ending well. There's something wrong with Ryan if he's gone through 5 oc's in 6 years, and I think it's the cronies he brings along.

Still don't understand why a head coach/front office wouldn't hire a coordinator and let him bring along position coaches that he's comfortable with, and knows his system. Unless, of course, it's a bigger priority to line your buddies' pockets with Daddy Warbuck's money, and not winning.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                            • Apr 2005

If they do start passing more , I have a feeling Tyrod just may show that he really isn't the one thats going to get this team anywhere. I gotta believe Roman had little faith in him either.That would explain a lot ..Like running the ball on 3rd and 30 rarher than pass.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• sahlensguy
                              • Mar 2015

Tyrod the coach killer...

Comment

Working...
                              X