PDA

View Full Version : If The Bills Go 0-4, Why Not Bring In Cardale Jones?

BillsImpossible
09-16-2016, 11:18 PM
Next two games are against AZ and NE.

0-4 is looming. If that happens, why not give Cardale the experience he needs?

He reminds me of Roethlisberger.

Big QB with a big arm playing football in the backyard, or on the street before the bus comes for school.

ublinkwescore
09-17-2016, 12:05 AM
0-6... Then we know we can officially pack it in for the season, he can get meaningless, yet educational snaps, and hopefully learn to read NFL defenses.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm positive that Ryan will be gone by then. Maybe Lynn can take over HC duties.

Topas
09-17-2016, 05:05 AM
WE Could do that. But it would be important that Cardale also loses the games. If he wins we have to bench him. Just tank, baby

YardRat
09-17-2016, 05:14 AM
Bring in another coaching staff first.

swiper
09-17-2016, 05:22 AM
Aren't you all embarrassed that it has come to this for your team?

sudzy
09-17-2016, 06:25 AM

I was embarrassed over the whole Tom Donahoe thing, I was embarrassed when Mike Mularkey (a bottom of the barrel coach) quit the Bills. I was somewhat embarrassed when Jauron fired Turk Schonert opening week 2009. Now I am just numb to the whole thing.

feldspar
09-17-2016, 08:03 AM

Why should I be embarrassed?

I didn't do anything.

Albany,n.y.
09-17-2016, 08:14 AM
If It doesn't look like Tyrod will be retained by the bye week, putting Cardale Jones in then makes sense. They can't pull the plug on Tyrod after 4 games when the next 2 opponents are elite teams the Bills have a slim chance of beating. With the Taylor contract, a benching means a 2017 cut, he has to be given a fair chance before pulling the plug.

Ginger Vitis
09-17-2016, 08:19 AM
Ben Roethlisberger lol the only thing Cardale has in common with Ben is they both played college football in the state of Ohio

HHURRICANE
09-17-2016, 09:07 AM
WE Could do that. But it would be important that Cardale also loses the games. If he wins we have to bench him. Just tank, baby

Can Eichel play QB?

Novacane
09-17-2016, 09:16 AM
They already look like fools. If they pull a quarterback who they just gave a big contract to after 4 games they would be an even bigger joke if that is possible.

The season is lost. Let Tyrod sink or swim. It doesn't look like he's progressed at all but I'd still give him the majority of the season to prove it

swiper
09-17-2016, 09:45 AM
Like I said in another thread. If they are going to start with nonsense like is suggested here, then they need to tear it all down, replace everyone, and focus on getting a real QB then rebuilding around that. Anything less is just more of the same.

That is Russ Brandon™.

Turf
09-17-2016, 11:05 AM

You keep saying tank. Who is the generational talent you're after?

Mr. Pink
09-17-2016, 11:08 AM
Bring in another coaching staff first.

My thoughts exactly.

Since these guys don't know what they're doing it might completely ruin Cardale.

Problem is, with a new staff, they may not even like him and he may never see the field.

BillsImpossible
09-17-2016, 08:13 PM
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Cardale Jones never lost a game in his college career.

It wasn't pretty, but he won.

stuckincincy
09-17-2016, 08:31 PM
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Cardale Jones never lost a game in his college career.

It wasn't pretty, but he won.

Urban Meyer tried and tried, but finally had to yank him...gave him game after game, and finally gave up on him. He "won" games thanks to the overall strength of OSU which recruits top high school players at every position.

Don't bank on him. Great if he works out, but when he was with OSU, folks were clamoring to sit him down. Me included.

Mace
09-17-2016, 08:46 PM
Manuel will have to get hurt after Taylor gets hurt in the next 2 weeks. Don't be mean.

BillsImpossible
09-17-2016, 08:55 PM
Urban Meyer tried and tried, but finally had to yank him...gave him game after game, and finally gave up on him. He "won" games thanks to the overall strength of OSU which recruits top high school players at every position.

Don't bank on him. Great if he works out, but when he was with OSU, folks were clamoring to sit him down. Me included.

Meyer sat him down, and then he won the National Championship.

College football is a totally different game compared to the NFL.

Cardale Jones wasn't pretty, but he won a lot of ugly games.

Every single one of them.

Big Ben ain't a pretty QB either, but he wins. 2 Super Bowl rings, ugly style.

chris66
09-17-2016, 09:24 PM
Next two games are against AZ and NE.

0-4 is looming. If that happens, why not give Cardale the experience he needs?

He reminds me of Roethlisberger.

Big QB with a big arm playing football in the backyard, or on the street before the bus comes for school.
Rex would never do that. He is trying to be around for a third season.

Topas
09-21-2016, 07:31 AM
Why should I be embarrassed?

I didn't do anything.

Yes, you did. And probably still. Namely rooting for this sorry thing of a franchise.

djjimkelly
09-21-2016, 08:16 AM
jones is a 4th rounder just say no

chad kelly in draft next year

not being racist but i just say no to non white qbs

feldspar
09-21-2016, 08:38 AM
Yes, you did. And probably still. Namely rooting for this sorry thing of a franchise.

Rooting for a team that loses has never embarrassed me. Don't see why it would .

Bill Cody
09-21-2016, 09:13 AM
Jones has size but I'm not sure what else. He and Manuel could go down to the shore and practice throwing balls and trying to hit water. Big Ben has always been an accurate passer. Ridiculous comparison. Big Ben is going to the Hall. In two years Jones will be asking if you want fries with that.

OpIv37
09-21-2016, 09:31 AM
Jones is raw. He's a long shot and the only way that it may work is if he is brought along slowly. If he's thrown in there now, he'll get shell-shocked Trent Edwards style. I'm ok with him playing mop-up when the game is out of hand, but nothing more. He should only play in no-pressure situations.

DesertFox24
09-21-2016, 09:40 AM
Jones is raw. He's a long shot and the only way that it may work is if he is brought along slowly. If he's thrown in there now, he'll get shell-shocked Trent Edwards style. I'm ok with him playing mop-up when the game is out of hand, but nothing more. He should only play in no-pressure situations.
I agree with this, he has a LONG WAY to go. Maybe two years on the bench

djjimkelly
09-21-2016, 09:52 AM
we need a guy from a mid size school who ran a pass heavy to pro style offense from a mid major as our next real prospect

WagonCircler
09-21-2016, 10:02 AM
we need a guy from a mid size school who ran a pass heavy to pro style offense from a mid major as our next real prospect

Like Carson Wentz.

Look what Frank Reich is doing with a rookie QB.

I wanted Reich to be HC when they hired Rex.

Watching the Eagles the other night was like watching a Bills river of regret. Reich and Schwartz, and a non-sandlot QB.

Albany,n.y.
09-21-2016, 10:18 AM
In two years Jones will be asking if you want fries with that.
The good news is, even at the salary he makes as a late 4th rounder, he should be the owner of the place that he's serving the fries at, if he's prudent with his money.

feldspar
09-21-2016, 10:43 AM
Like Carson Wentz.

Watching the Eagles the other night was like watching a Bills river of regret. Reich and Schwartz, and a non-sandlot QB.

Look what Frank Reich did with Phillip Rivers, though. Nothing.

The Eagles have beaten Cleveland and Chicago so far. I wouldn't be turning backflips just yet about how good they are, or what kind of a job anyone is doing.

djjimkelly
09-21-2016, 10:55 AM
Like Carson Wentz.

or like big ben or like joe flacco

sukie
09-21-2016, 11:00 AM
0-5... Bring in the promising white fellah. Oh, wait.

feldspar
09-21-2016, 11:13 AM
0-5... Bring in the promising white fellah. Oh, wait.

Save that protest for the National Anthem...that's what's there for anymore.

DesertFox24
09-21-2016, 11:27 AM
The skin color of a QB is not even close to the problem. The problem is this front office has neglected to select one every year and they need to change at paradigm immediately and draft one every year.

sukie
09-21-2016, 11:30 AM
The skin color of a QB is not even close to the problem. The problem is this front office has neglected to select one every year and they need to change at paradigm immediately and draft one every year.

I know. Just fooling around. I still hate white (or pink on December) DEs.

trapezeus
09-21-2016, 11:39 AM
second thread where the bills fan anger turns into something racial. you find out people's character during the tough times. and some of the poster here are an odd bunch.

sukie
09-21-2016, 12:02 PM
Racism is in football everywhere. A speedy black LB is an athlete showing athleticism. White guy is "high motor" or "over achiever"

feldspar
09-21-2016, 12:03 PM
Racism is in football everywhere. A speedy black LB is an athlete showing athleticism. White guy is "high motor" or "over achiever"

And a Chinese guy is useless

sukie
09-21-2016, 12:04 PM

Ha ha.

sukie
09-21-2016, 12:05 PM

Ha ha.
pasty white farm boys with necks that slope from earlobes to shoulders make great Oline guys.

swiper
09-21-2016, 06:45 PM

I prefer to call them what they all are: running backs that are allowed to throw the ball.

swiper
09-21-2016, 06:46 PM

Jimmy-the-Greek is that you?

The Jokeman
09-21-2016, 10:18 PM
Tank for who? What player could we draft in top 3 be a difference maker as a rookie?

SpikedLemonade
09-22-2016, 05:20 AM
Tank for who? What player could we draft in top 3 be a difference maker as a rookie?

Why must he be a difference maker as a rookie?

djjimkelly
09-24-2016, 01:46 PM

like i already said chad kelly please

BertSquirtgum
09-24-2016, 03:03 PM
Pegula's should make a new team rule. White QB's only.

BertSquirtgum
09-24-2016, 03:04 PM
and nothing said on here can be worse than what the moron MLB catcher said that ruined his career. What a racist moron. He might get gunned down walking down the street. I would move to the U.S. Virgin Islands if I was him.

Mr. Cynical
09-24-2016, 10:30 PM

/waits for paladin warrior