PDA

View Full Version : ROMAN TOUGHT REX WAS A BUFFOON

mdcas22
09-17-2016, 12:18 PM
Rex Ryan, Greg Roman divorce was long overduePosted by Mike Florio on September 17, 2016, 11:42 AM EDT
https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/ap_162606586028481-e1474126907105.jpg?w=216
APAfter the 2015 season, Bills coach Rex Ryan had no qualms about making the changes necessary to allow him to be as successful as possible, headlined by the arrival of his twin brother to help run the defense. It’s now clear that one change Rex didn’t make should have been made.
Offensive coordinator Greg Roman, fired less than one full week into the 2016 regular season, should have been relieved of his duties months ago. According to Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News, Roman told at least one person that he regards Ryan as a “buffoon (http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/09/16/ryan-pushes-everything-middle-table-firing-roman/),” and that working with him wouldn’t be good for Roman’s career. If that’s how Roman truly felt, he should have resigned.
“I know what kind of coach Anthony [Lynn] is, I know what kind of person he is,” Ryan said of Roman’s replacement on Friday. “And I think the direction he can take us, I think we need the change. I think we have a lot of talent on offense. I believe we’re going to do what we can to put the ball in our playmakers’ hands.”
If that’s how Rex truly felt, he should have fired Roman based on 16 games in 2015, not two more in 2016.
At a time when many are searching the entire organization for signs of dysfunction, the decision to dump Roman only 120 minutes into the 2016 season becomes Exhibit A. If this were a franchise that operates in the normal, usual, competent way, Roman’s relationship with Ryan would have been brought to a head at some point long before the first two games that count in what clearly has become an up-or-out campaign for Ryan.
Currently, it’s looking more likely that it will be out instead of up, with Ryan eventually having something in common with Roman: Getting paid to not work for the Bills.

swiper
09-17-2016, 12:22 PM
How many threads are we going to have with the same Vic Carucci hearsay? This is what? the 4th or 5th?

SpikedLemonade
09-17-2016, 02:16 PM
REX RYAN IS A BUFFOON

cookie G
09-17-2016, 02:34 PM
that nickname does seem to be associated quite a bit with him, doesn't it.

YardRat
09-17-2016, 02:51 PM
Roman is right.

Mr. Pink
09-17-2016, 03:18 PM
If that's the case, I'm surprised Roman didn't just quit in the offseason.

So going by what is said in the article, I'll have to say it's likely not truth, seeing it would make no sense for Roman to stay on board if he legitimately thought being on Rex's staff would be detrimental to his career.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-17-2016, 03:21 PM

So going by what is said in the article, I'll have to say it's likely not truth, seeing it would make no sense for Roman to stay on board if he legitimately thought being on Rex's staff would be detrimental to his career.

i'll take a 'detriment' for 2 mill..... just saying. money talks man

Mr. Pink
09-17-2016, 03:24 PM
i'll take a 'detriment' for 2 mill..... just saying. money talks man

You quit in the offseason and another team will likely hire you.

Sure he may lose some money in the short term, but it's about protecting your long term viability.

If you really think Wrex can ruin your career, you get out as soon as possible to protect your future dollars.

mdcas22
09-17-2016, 03:51 PM
You quit in the offseason and another team will likely hire you.

Sure he may lose some money in the short term, but it's about protecting your long term viability.

If you really think Wrex can ruin your career, you get out as soon as possible to protect your future dollars.

Roman was the highest paid o-cord in the league so you can see why he stayed. I'm thinking he looked elsewhere but either couldn't find a opening or thought he couldn't get the money he wanted or needed. he will end up somewhere but no hurry he still gets paid.

Novacane
09-17-2016, 04:02 PM
Maybe he was calling place to get himself fired

Mace
09-17-2016, 05:08 PM
Money talks.

On the other hand, I've had plenty of bosses I didn't like and didn't quit.

bleve
09-17-2016, 07:18 PM
Maybe he was calling place to get himself fired

I'm guessing you meant *calling plays*.

Sabotage? It's a win-win for Roman. He' gets to keep his guarantee, and gets disassociated from Wrecks.

G
09-17-2016, 07:27 PM
if the shoe fits wear it. rex is a total buffoon. i hope pegula does a sabres redux and cleans house. starting with russ brandon and rex ryan.

EDS
09-17-2016, 08:33 PM
I think this, if true, makes me like Roman more. Still would not be in my top 10 for offensive coordinators though.

Thurmal
09-17-2016, 08:37 PM
Roman really has no room to talk. His play-calling at the end of SB47 was some of the worst I've seen. Three straight fades routes on the five when your Pro Bowl RB was picking up 8-10 yards a clip during the 4th quarter.

BertSquirtgum
09-17-2016, 09:01 PM
Greg Roman is not the only one who thinks Rex is a buffoon. It's too bad that Roman made himself look like a buffoon with the ******ed play calling this year.

trapezeus
09-18-2016, 10:55 AM

why would he quit with the highest paid oc gig? This worked out better than he could have hoped. He collects the money and next year when he gets his shot, he'll get the difference paid by the bills.

If if he quit, he gets the stigma of being a quitter and loses the money. This was perfect for Roman.

Though if if pegulas did talk to players, losing Roman is a sign even the players didn't like him.

justasportsfan
09-18-2016, 06:37 PM
Roman is right.

The defensive guru got owned by Fitz. Everyone knew Fitz was going to throw jump balls all day and Rex had no answer.

stuckincincy
09-18-2016, 07:42 PM
The defensive guru got owned by Fitz. Everyone knew Fitz was going to throw jump balls all day and Rex had no answer.

Yeah. At the end of the 1st half, I said to myself "Did they not even glance at the Week #1 tapes of CIN@NYJ?"

Cleve
09-18-2016, 07:46 PM
if the shoe fits wear it. rex is a total buffoon.

I thought him a complete a$$-clown when he was the Jets' coach - every week seemed to bring some new Rex Ryan open mouth insert foot moment.

My opinion has not changed one iota - it's only solidified. The guy is a joke as a HC. Why Pegula doubled down on Ryans by bringing in Rob Ryan when Rex had already hired so many former Jets associates into sweetheart deals - it's just inexplicable?