PDA

View Full Version : WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE NOW?

mdcas22
09-17-2016, 02:52 PM
we all no that Rex isn't the answer and he carry's a big salary so what would you do to fix the problem. Id start by bringing in a real GM now and giving him total control over football operation's and let him feel out the entire operation in the remaining 2016 season. then let the hair go with the hide after this season. at least he would have 14 games to see what needs fixing starting with the quarterback.

YardRat
09-17-2016, 03:06 PM
I'd fire Wrecks and his crew and pick up whoever is left on the unemployment line to finish out the season, and get a jump start on the HC search so I'm ready in December to pull the trigger. I'm OK with looking for a new GM up until that point also, but I want nothing to do with an alleged 'football czar', especially somebody like Polian.

mdcas22
09-17-2016, 03:17 PM
I'd fire Wrecks and his crew and pick up whoever is left on the unemployment line to finish out the season, and get a jump start on the HC search so I'm ready in December to pull the trigger. I'm OK with looking for a new GM up until that point also, but I want nothing to do with an alleged 'football czar', especially somebody like Polian.

I don't want Polion either, The game has passed him by. I like Bill Cowher or maybe Jon Gruden as head coach's with GM's they can work with.

TacklingDummy
09-17-2016, 03:38 PM
We need a Billboard.

Historian
09-17-2016, 04:00 PM
We need a Billboard.

Yes, it should read: FIRE RUSS BRANDON!

cookie G
09-17-2016, 05:06 PM

Well then..that leaves your braintrust/selection committee as;

First time owners Terry and Kim Pegula;
the infamous Russ;
possibly Doug Whaley.

I don't need to explain why that's a bad idea.

You don't like Polian fine, but you better find someone else..or a few other people. And forget the term "football czar"..its overused and was never a good term. Go back to the traditional term..outside consultant by someone with a clue.

The time for the Bills' FO to believe it is smarter than anyone else was over more than a decade ago.

YardRat
09-17-2016, 05:20 PM
Well then..that leaves your braintrust/selection committee as;

First time owners Terry and Kim Pegula;
the infamous Russ;
possibly Doug Whaley.

I don't need to explain why that's a bad idea.

You don't like Polian fine, but you better find someone else..or a few other people. And forget the term "football czar"..its overused and was never a good term. Go back to the traditional term..outside consultant by someone with a clue.

The time for the Bills' FO to believe it is smarter than anyone else was over more than a decade ago.

Not really.

The Pegula's have been through a coaching search already, so they should learn from the experience.
Russ...yes...he would have to be removed from having input. Hopefully that is one of the things they learned (if indeed he was deeply involved with hiring Wrecks).
Whaley...if they find a new GM, obviously he's out.

Mace
09-17-2016, 05:26 PM
Not really.

The Pegula's have been through a coaching search already, so they should learn from the experience.
Russ...yes...he would have to be removed from having input. Hopefully that is one of the things they learned (if indeed he was deeply involved with hiring Wrecks).

Well, the Pegula's won't remove Brandon from "enhancing" their perspective, and they evidently don't know football very well. They'll lean on Brandon and Whaley regardless of whether they should or not.

They need a football man who knows football things to guide football stuff footballishly.

cookie G
09-17-2016, 06:57 PM
Not really.

Kim Pegula vs. Ron Wolf

You'll choose Kim Pegula.

Good luck.

stuckincincy
09-17-2016, 08:15 PM
we all no that Rex isn't the answer and he carry's a big salary so what would you do to fix the problem. Id start by bringing in a real GM now and giving him total control over football operation's and let him feel out the entire operation in the remaining 2016 season. then let the hair go with the hide after this season. at least he would have 14 games to see what needs fixing starting with the quarterback.

Well, they should get with the program - the way the NFL is now. Run 3 wrs mostly, and forget their failure to try out WRs during the preseason with all that 2 TE and FB nonsense. I know how poor their OL is, but I'd have Taylor drop back and fling quick to a flood of receivers. Keep a back to drop back for a quick pitch maybe. End arounds now and then.

They have a weak club. Mix it up, let happy feet Taylor have room to roam.

Involve WR Robt. Woods more. He is a gamer, and they have starved him. When his contract runs out, he will be snapped up unless BUF can give him a reason to re-sign.

mdcas22
09-18-2016, 12:25 PM
1st thing I'd do next year is draft a quarterback in the 1st 2nd and 5th rounds and surely 1 maybe 2 of those 3 become a NFL franchise guy, maybe 1 of the other 2 becomes a great backup or maybe all 3 become good, what a problem that would be having 3 quarterbacks with potential.

I also like the idea of a ex football great having some kind of input in the talent we bring in, not any ex Bill's of coarse..

mdcas22
09-18-2016, 12:28 PM
I read a lot of post drilling Russ when he has nothing to do with the on the field issues of this franchise. all's he is is a marketing genius.

GreedoII
09-19-2016, 08:15 AM
Cowher is a dinosaur....no thanks...and Gruden is overrated

Joe Fo Sho
09-19-2016, 09:23 AM
1st thing I'd do next year is draft a quarterback in the 1st 2nd and 5th rounds and surely 1 maybe 2 of those 3 become a NFL franchise guy

HA!

justasportsfan
09-19-2016, 09:44 AM
Start scouting qb's in next year draft.

sukie
09-19-2016, 09:57 AM
The kid from Louisville that torched FSU...

trapezeus
09-19-2016, 10:53 AM
as long as people believe this and Brandon stays, the bills will never be relevant again.

I read a lot of post drilling Russ when he has nothing to do with the on the field issues of this franchise. all's he is is a marketing genius.