PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Lynn...

jamze132
09-17-2016, 06:14 PM
13 yeas as a RB coach, now given the responsibility to create a game plan designed to beat a defense every week.

Does anyone know if he understands the defensive concepts and how to attack/exploit them?

Yes I know this season is a wash so it's really not a big deal, but his resume doesn't really inspire a lot of confidence. Here's a free tips...

Get Tyrod out of the pocket.
Throw the ball to Watkins at least 10 times per game.
Hand the ball to McCoy on quick hitters.
Crossing patterns/slants are good.

stuckincincy
09-17-2016, 06:29 PM
Doubtful...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Lynn

bleve
09-17-2016, 07:01 PM
He's had some interviews for HC positions, so either he's got some pedigree/respect in the league, or people are using him for Rooney compliance.

Novacane
09-17-2016, 07:04 PM
At this point I don't even care

stuckincincy
09-17-2016, 07:39 PM
He's had some interviews for HC positions, so either he's got some pedigree/respect in the league, or people are using him for Rooney compliance.

Likely the latter. His CV for an OC job is very weak.

I wish him well.

Mace
09-17-2016, 07:51 PM
All I know is that he's a Ryan crony, an rb coach, and has never handled playcalling responsibilities. I really hate to say this, but HC interviews, well Rooney Rule. He's never been more than an rb coach.

I wish him the best, really I do, but I'm not real optimistic an rb coach is going to open up the passing game. The same passing game guys are going to be doing the passing game, same as they did with Ryan's failed Jets.

Albany,n.y.
09-17-2016, 11:45 PM

He's the new Jerry Gray of HC interviews.

sudzy
09-18-2016, 06:09 AM
I look at this move like Wade Phillips making Ronnie Jones ST coordinator in 2000. It's a defensive coach that really doesn't understand much about the other aspects of the game, promoting a friend to a position he is not qualified for.

mdcas22
09-18-2016, 06:26 PM
look for the Bills to run the ball more. this is the beginning of the end for Rex.

stuckincincy
09-18-2016, 06:36 PM
look for the Bills to run the ball more. this is the beginning of the end for Rex.

More running?

Turf
09-18-2016, 06:37 PM
Prolly by after game six Ed Reed is coach. Hell I would do it this week.

justasportsfan
09-18-2016, 06:55 PM
All I known is that he was part of that offensive disaster in jets when Marrone was owning Rex. Inspite of the disater, he could win the OC job. Only reason he has the job nownis because he's a Rex minion/crony

mdcas22
09-18-2016, 07:15 PM
All I known is that he was part of that offensive disaster in jets when Marrone was owning Rex. Inspite of the disater, he could win the OC job. Only reason he has the job nownis because he's a Rex minion/crony

Marrone is starting to look prety good right about now. still say he wanted more say over personnel and the Peg's said no so he bolted.

stuckincincy
09-18-2016, 07:34 PM

Yesterday's "cronyism" wears new clothing these days. We now call it "networking."

Mace
09-18-2016, 07:43 PM
Marrone is starting to look prety good right about now. still say he wanted more say over personnel and the Peg's said no so he bolted.

Not to me he doesn't. It's like missing the time you were stabbed after you've been shot.

justasportsfan
09-18-2016, 08:10 PM

If Marrone wasnt an egotistical maniac, i think he'd be a good HC. A good HC should be able to oversee and run an entire team.evemnifnhe didn't know the X and Os of every unit.

He knew he couldnt win with EJ after Orton quit. Instead of tarnishing his "brand" by being stuck with EJ , he left. His problem is sticking with Hackett who IMO is still raw for the NFL.

Marv was an ST coach, but he onew how to run an entire team.

BB is another one. Weiss, MCdaniels and everyone else was garbage without BB. Now theres Patricia.

stuckincincy
09-18-2016, 08:18 PM
Not to me he doesn't. It's like missing the time you were stabbed after you've been shot.

I had a worker of mine get shot. Manufacturing plant, 5K+ workers. When he came back to work, I asked him what happened. He plaintivly said that "the SOB shouldn't have shot me." I asked why, and he told me he was chasing the guy who shot him with a baseball bat.

Wally was his name. One day, he was muttering about how his motorcycle broke down, and none of these religious plicks didn't lift a hand to stop and help him. Wally wore full Motorcycle club regalia when he wasn't in his work duds, and was tattooed on most all of his visible skin. This was before today's piercing era.

I hope Wally is still alive and is ok. He was a pretty good worker and I went to bat for him several times when IR (Industrial Relations Dept.) tried to toss him out the door.

Mace
09-18-2016, 08:30 PM
I had a worker of mine get shot. Manufacturing plant, 5K+ workers. When he came back to work, I asked him what happened. He plaintivly said that "the SOB shouldn't have shot me." I asked why, and he told me he was chasing the guy who shot him with a baseball bat.

Wally was his name. One day, he was muttering about how his motorcycle broke down, and none of these religious plicks didn't lift a hand to stop and help him. Wally wore full Motorcycle club regalia when he wasn't in his work duds, was tattooed on most all of his visible skin. This was before today's piercing era.

I hope Wally is still alive and is ok. He was a pretty good worker and I went to bat for him several times when IR (Industrial Relations Dept.) tried to toss him out the door.

Doesn't have much to do with the topic, but I knew a guy who'd shot his gf once with a .22 (they were still together). He was a guy who'd crush a shot glass into someones face in a bar if they looked at his gf in a way that upset him, and she was a tiny dark terror who might well tear you up for the same. Fortunately I was on their best side and neither ever had any gripes with me no matter how I talked to them ("will you both ****ing sit down and relax"). You sort of had to most often. Everyone, including them would shrug it off with "it was only a .22". When she got upset with him, she'd throw all his stuff out the windows and such, and he'd wait until she calmed down to go back. I never did get the full story behind him shooting her, but it didn't bother them any, and I don't think I really wanted to know.

Maybe being shot by your significant other or shooting your significant other would have been more upsetting with a different caliber gun (like Marrone vs. Ryan vs. Jauron vs. Gailey), but I was always hung up on the shooting/getting shot part.

stuckincincy
09-18-2016, 08:58 PM
Doesn't have much to do with the topic, but I knew a guy who'd shot his gf once with a .22 (they were still together). He was a guy who'd crush a shot glass into someones face in a bar if they looked at his gf in a way that upset him, and she was a tiny dark terror who might well tear you up for the same. Fortunately I was on their best side and neither ever had any gripes with me no matter how I talked to them ("will you both ****ing sit down and relax"). You sort of had to most often. Everyone, including them would shrug it off with "it was only a .22". When she got upset with him, she'd throw all his stuff out the windows and such, and he'd wait until she calmed down to go back. I never did get the full story behind him shooting her, but it didn't bother them any, and I don't think I really wanted to know.

Maybe being shot by your significant other or shooting your significant other would have been more upsetting with a different caliber gun (like Marrone vs. Ryan vs. Jauron vs. Gailey), but I was always hung up on the shooting/getting shot part.

Good story. I've come across these brooding volcanoes time to time through my years in the gin mills. Also at work, but that was long before these workplace shootings. Most of my fellow elbow-benders at a bar also felt the vibes in the air and kept an eye on the door and/or worked out their tactical choices if things popped. A.22 placed well will kill. A .22 poorly placed can also do so, and/or maim for life.

In today's .22 pistol land semi-autos rule. 10-shots. Anyone can empty the magazine in under 3 seconds.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-18-2016, 09:03 PM
13 yeas as a RB coach, now given the responsibility to create a game plan designed to beat a defense every week.

Does anyone know if he understands the defensive concepts and how to attack/exploit them?

Yes I know this season is a wash so it's really not a big deal, but his resume doesn't really inspire a lot of confidence. Here's a free tips...

Get Tyrod out of the pocket.
Throw the ball to Watkins at least 10 times per game.
Hand the ball to McCoy on quick hitters.
Crossing patterns/slants are good.

He's been a position coach for 13 years. Where do coordinators come from, a farm?

Mace
09-18-2016, 09:15 PM
Good story. I've come across these brooding volcanoes time to time through my years in the gin mills. Also at work, but that was long before these workplace shootings. Most of my fellow elbow-benders at a bar also felt the vibes in the air and kept an eye on the door and/or worked out their tactical choices if things popped. A.22 placed well will kill. A .22 poorly placed can also do so, and/or maim for life.

In today's .22 pistol land semi-autos rule. 10-shots. Anyone can empty the magazine in under 3 seconds.

I don't even know either of them were volcanos, more like sometimes they'd just snap like overstretched rubber bands when you'd least expect it (never did see either of their names in the news so I figure they didn't kill each other through the years). You didn't shoot anyone in bars back in my day, I guess you saved that for home.

Asked him once in a bar, "so I shouldn't be aggravated if you only shoot me with a .22 ?" (it kind of vexed me)....."You'd never get me that angry."........"Well you wouldn't be upset if I only shot you with a .22 ?"...."I wouldn't get you that angry either." Asked her..."Wouldn't happen."

Seemed to make sense, we all did a shot and moved along.

stuckincincy
09-18-2016, 09:56 PM
I don't even know either of them were volcanos, more like sometimes they'd just snap like overstretched rubber bands when you'd least expect it (never did see either of their names in the news so I figure they didn't kill each other through the years). You didn't shoot anyone in bars back in my day, I guess you saved that for home.

Asked him once in a bar, "so I shouldn't be aggravated if you only shoot me with a .22 ?" (it kind of vexed me)....."You'd never get me that angry."........"Well you wouldn't be upset if I only shot you with a .22 ?"...."I wouldn't get you that angry either." Asked her..."Wouldn't happen."

Seemed to make sense, we all did a shot and moved along.

Same here. I just shake my head in sadness for what today's folks suffer through. The cultural revolution that took place in the '60's changed everything. We conservative folks who who urged caution and consideration got swept away. Now they want to stove in our faces.

Most of my age cohorts have given up trying to pass lifetimes of experience to the younger generations, as it always was through history. We do try. But they beat us up, insult us, belittle us, steal from us, and many of them can't put together a cogent sentence.

kishoph
09-19-2016, 11:48 AM

Not a knock against Lynn, because I don't really know anything about him, but I also think he got the position because of his history with Rex. What I do know is that Lynn was on Rex's staff that had only 2 winning seasons in 6 years (the first 2 years). What I am worried about this move is when and how much is Rex going to start taking over this offense. You mentioned Marrone being an egotistical maniac, there's truth to that, but nothing like who's running the team now.