PDA

View Full Version : Here's why the Bills stink

swiper
09-18-2016, 04:06 PM
Rex and Rob Ryan spotted at Clemson football game Saturday (http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/09/17/rex-rob-ryan-spotted-clemson-football-game-saturday/)
Get to work you fat pigs.

Historian
09-18-2016, 04:09 PM
...And they'll be at the Sabres opener.

...And they'll be at the Leafs opener in Toronto.

And....etc...etc....

Couple of overgrown kids.

Mr. Pink
09-18-2016, 04:23 PM
Probably there scouting DeShaun Watson since it's looking like they'll have a shot at him.

Not really a story, imo.

stuckincincy
09-18-2016, 04:31 PM
Probably there scouting DeShaun Watson since it's looking like they'll have a shot at him.

Not really a story, imo.

Sure it is. John "Chucky" Gruden told a story several years back that he routinely spent 18 hours at the clubhouse day after day to plan for the next game.

swiper
09-18-2016, 04:41 PM
Sure it is. John "Chucky" Gruden told a story several years back that he routinely spent 18 hours at the clubhouse day after day to plan for the next game.

For those of you who cannot remember. Dick Vermeil slept in the office every night during the season. That's what I want to see in Buffalo. Not Bozo the clown and his fat brother.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-18-2016, 04:48 PM
For those of you who cannot remember. Dick Vermeil slept in the office every night during the season. That's what I want to see in Buffalo. Not Bozo the clown and his fat brother.

Yup. Someone less concerned with being cool and hip and more concerned with preparing this I'll prepared team.

sdbillsfan2
09-18-2016, 04:50 PM
Hey Terry and Kim...look how dedicated your wonder boy is .
27 mil ? Got any more jobs like that..?
Shouldn't he be helping Anthony Lynn? A little guidance maybe for the rookie OC?
Rex has got to know he's on the way out and doesn't give a rats a** .

stuckincincy
09-18-2016, 04:51 PM

Gruden usually did, also. I know he's a shill with his announcing gig these days (so would I be for that easy $$$). His pressers when he was with TB were hilarious - when his team stunk, he wouldn't dodge a bullet - told it like it was.

He reminded me of TB's first-ever HC, John McKay, who was once asked what he thought of his team's execution. McKay replied, "I'm in favor of it." :kid:

swiper
09-18-2016, 05:02 PM
Gruden usually did, also. I know he's a shill with his announcing gig these days (so would I be for that easy $$$). His pressers when he was with TB were hilarious - when his team stunk, he wouldn't dodge a bullet - told it like it was.

He reminded me of TB's first-ever HC, John McKay, who was once asked what he thought of his team's execution. McKay replied, "I'm in favor of it." :kid:

I'm sure many of them do. Most probably. Ours though no. I think of all our prior coaches, Marrone, Jauron, Gailey, Gregg Williams, Mularkey, and they all probably prepared a lot more intently than Ryan. I still can't believe the Bill hired him.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-18-2016, 05:23 PM
What revelation would they have come to yesterday that they haven't in the previous ~30 years of coaching? People get obsessed with the guys working 100 hour weeks, but is that really making them more effective? There's diminishing returns to working until midnight every day and coming in at 6 AM the next day.

Mace
09-18-2016, 05:28 PM
What revelation would they have come to yesterday that they haven't in the previous ~30 years of coaching? People get obsessed with the guys working 100 hour weeks, but is that really making them more effective? There's diminishing returns to working until midnight every day and coming in at 6 AM the next day.

That's one extreme but let's face it, there's another one too.

I was inclined to think the News was right when they said Rex goes nowhere near OBD in the offseason, because he thinks he's just that good and needs no extra work.

Sure, everyone is entitled to have time off, but I don't exactly see his preparation and process stars shining brightly.

YardRat
09-18-2016, 05:31 PM

Not really a story, imo.

They have a personnel department for that, especially this early in the season. We all know damn well they were there to watch his kid play, especially considering it was family weekend.

Now, I can't ***** about a guy doing family duty...I don't blame him and I probably would at least try to do the same, but considering the circumstances (0-2, a 'new' guy heading up the offense) I would hope he would be doing double-time to do his gawddamn job the rest of this week/month/season. Unfortunately if previous reports are true (rarely showed up at the stadium during the off-season), I don't think it's unreasonable to assume putting in OT is high on his priority list.

He got paid. He got his brother paid. He got his cronies paid. He got his buddies paid. He's already hit the jackpot and is just coasting.

stuckincincy
09-18-2016, 05:32 PM
I'm sure many of them do. Most probably. Ours though no. I think of all our prior coaches, Marrone, Jauron, Gailey, Gregg Williams, Mularkey, and they all probably prepared a lot more intently than Ryan. I still can't believe the Bill hired him.

Me either. I took pains to describe here how CIN beat NYJ. It was good stuff - I've been watching football for over half of a century. If a team has any smarts, they scour the internet to get the skinny supplied by the observations of folks on fan sites - it's like having a gazillion scouts at zero cost. That's one of the things a team's cute-young-thing QC analyst is supposed to do. I'm confident that BUF's one forked over the info, but probably got dismissed by the big ego crowd.

Mace
09-18-2016, 05:49 PM
Without preparation ....

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/nonciclopedia/images/b/b9/Willy_Wonka_Shining.gif/revision/latest?cb=20100704150040

IlluminatusUIUC
09-18-2016, 05:53 PM
That's one extreme but let's face it, there's another one too.

I was inclined to think the News was right when they said Rex goes nowhere near OBD in the offseason, because he thinks he's just that good and needs no extra work.

Sure, everyone is entitled to have time off, but I don't exactly see his preparation and process stars shining brightly.

Right, but I also see known workaholic Andy Reid botching game after game because he gets confused about the simplest things, like clock management. And I wonder if that's a result of a 58 year old man sleeping 35 hours in a week.

Novacane
09-18-2016, 05:55 PM
Probably flew down on Pegula's private plane. My gosh those two bums have the Pegulas bamboozled.

Mace
09-18-2016, 06:10 PM
Right, but I also see known workaholic Andy Reid botching game after game because he gets confused about the simplest things, like clock management. And I wonder if that's a result of a 58 year old man sleeping 35 hours in a week.

Like I said though, two extremes. Rex isn't exactly an all work no play guy. There's a middle ground he's not real close to as evidenced by the teams preparation, readiness, etc. He could stand to put a little more work in.

justasportsfan
09-18-2016, 06:15 PM
it is work. Theyre studying how to be real coaches.

TacklingDummy
09-18-2016, 10:18 PM

Not really a story, imo.

No more Clemson players please.

stuckincincy
09-18-2016, 10:30 PM
No more Clemson players please.

Absolutely not. Clemson runs a football program that champions running up the score on the duckpin teams they line up, and recruits accordingly. They are singular in the lack of their OLs getting drafted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Clemson_Tigers_in_the_NFL_Draft

swiper
09-19-2016, 04:36 AM

When you're team is 0-2 and your play calls, in-game management are in question, you're players have too much trouble with penalties then you should be working.

jamze132
09-19-2016, 06:02 AM

Actually I would have loved to see Rex trying to work with Lynn...or see Rex working hard on clock management...
He's one of the highest paid HC's in the NFL yet he's not one of the hardest working coaches in the NFL, and the results show every week.

DraftBoy
09-19-2016, 06:53 AM

Which team is Gruden currently coaching?

DraftBoy
09-19-2016, 07:00 AM
When you're team is 0-2 and your play calls, in-game management are in question, you're players have too much trouble with penalties then you should be working.

Doing what exactly?

The Slappy Brothers are not film junkies, they don't design their system around statistical analysis, and trend data. They are old-school defensive minded coaches that make their play calls based on the feel of the game. Outside of installing specific packages and scenarios for this coming game there isn't much more they can do. This is what they are. Criticizing them for doing exactly what they've always done is nothing new.

There are not a lot of Gruden, Vermeil, or Saban style coaches left anymore and the ones that are left are there because they run systems that work like a swiss army knife. Saban's system at Alabama is beautiful is both its simplicity and ability to evolve in game. You're talking about a guy who is imo the modern day master of in-game adjustments. We don't have that in Slappy.

gebobs
09-19-2016, 10:03 AM
The Ryan's could snort meth and prep 24 hours a day each of the ten days before the AZ game and they would still get clobbered. The season's over. No sense ruining your health over a silly meaningless game. The Bills may just head into the Jaguars game looking for their first win.

kishoph
09-19-2016, 12:03 PM
Rex and Rob Ryan spotted at Clemson football game Saturday (http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/09/17/rex-rob-ryan-spotted-clemson-football-game-saturday/)

I wouldn't expect them to spend every hour at the office, but considering the circumstances, Rex should of had his ass at OBD working with Lynn.
Maybe Wrecks and Blob aren't worried about the Cardinals.

CommissarSpartacus
09-19-2016, 12:46 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ka0SM11wEes" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CommissarSpartacus
09-19-2016, 12:50 PM
#2 is awesome..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8wNZ2IH6WV0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-19-2016, 01:11 PM
#2 is awesome..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8wNZ2IH6WV0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

yup. number 2 is freaking hilarious.

SpikedLemonade
09-19-2016, 01:59 PM
I wouldn't expect them to spend every hour at the office, but considering the circumstances, Rex should of had his ass at OBD working with Lynn.
Maybe Wrecks and Blob aren't worried about the Cardinals.

LOL!!!!!!!!!! I just peed myself a little.

Historian
09-19-2016, 02:07 PM
Classy guy.

paladin warrior
09-19-2016, 03:22 PM
:topdog2:Get ready for Buffalo Bills Sept 25 play at Buffalo Bills home .. Buffalo Bills :hang:. ..Az Cardinals 63- Bills 14
AZ Cardinals beat Tampa bay 40 -7

Bill Cody
09-20-2016, 04:29 PM

To be fair, if you look at the "top 5 Rex moments' video he's no where near the fat pig he once was, so he's got that going for him.

And what would he do with the extra time? Do you really feel like it would matter? Face it, Rex can't coach. He can give a Knute Rockne speech but that doesn't require any time. His players might be willing to run through a wall for him but Rex is so clueless he can't even tell them where the wall is. Let him go to all the Clemson games. Hell give us the Clemson coach and let Rex coach Clemson, would it be any worse? I've gone through the stages of grief on the Rex hiring, skeptical but neutral, very skeptical and somewhat critical, hostile and highly critical, depressed and indifferent. Soon enough he'll be paid by the Bills to do nothing but go to Clemson games, go to Trump rallies and eat a lot of Cheetos. Can't come soon enough to suit me.

swiper
09-20-2016, 07:04 PM
Doing what exactly?

The Slappy Brothers are not film junkies, they don't design their system around statistical analysis, and trend data. They are old-school defensive minded coaches that make their play calls based on the feel of the game. Outside of installing specific packages and scenarios for this coming game there isn't much more they can do. This is what they are. Criticizing them for doing exactly what they've always done is nothing new.

There are not a lot of Gruden, Vermeil, or Saban style coaches left anymore and the ones that are left are there because they run systems that work like a swiss army knife. Saban's system at Alabama is beautiful is both its simplicity and ability to evolve in game. You're talking about a guy who is imo the modern day master of in-game adjustments. We don't have that in Slappy.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Other than pointing out the fact that "slappy" isn't an NFL head coach. He's not even a coordinator. He's the buffoon everyone is calling him out to be. You DO NOT coach an NFL game by "feel." Ever.

swiper
09-20-2016, 07:07 PM
To be fair, if you look at the "top 5 Rex moments' video he's no where near the fat pig he once was, so he's got that going for him.

And what would he do with the extra time? Do you really feel like it would matter? Face it, Rex can't coach. He can give a Knute Rockne speech but that doesn't require any time. His players might be willing to run through a wall for him but Rex is so clueless he can't even tell them where the wall is. Let him go to all the Clemson games. Hell give us the Clemson coach and let Rex coach Clemson, would it be any worse? I've gone through the stages of grief on the Rex hiring, skeptical but neutral, very skeptical and somewhat critical, hostile and highly critical, depressed and indifferent. Soon enough he'll be paid by the Bills to do nothing but go to Clemson games, go to Trump rallies and eat a lot of Cheetos. Can't come soon enough to suit me.

A lot of things in life are due to appearances. So even if what you say is true, they should be acting like they care about the team. Dressed in Orange and away from Buffalo after starting 0-2 doesn't instill a feeling they give a crap about the Bills. I can't believe the number of you trying to give them a pass.