Here's why the Bills stink

Rex and Rob Ryan spotted at Clemson football game Saturday

Get to work you fat pigs.
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: Here's why the Bills stink

...And they'll be at the Sabres opener.

...And they'll be at the Leafs opener in Toronto.

And....etc...etc....

Couple of overgrown kids.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Probably there scouting DeShaun Watson since it's looking like they'll have a shot at him.

Not really a story, imo.

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
        Probably there scouting DeShaun Watson since it's looking like they'll have a shot at him.

Not really a story, imo.

Sure it is. John "Chucky" Gruden told a story several years back that he routinely spent 18 hours at the clubhouse day after day to plan for the next game.
        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
          Sure it is. John "Chucky" Gruden told a story several years back that he routinely spent 18 hours at the clubhouse day after day to plan for the next game.
          For those of you who cannot remember. Dick Vermeil slept in the office every night during the season. That's what I want to see in Buffalo. Not Bozo the clown and his fat brother.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
            For those of you who cannot remember. Dick Vermeil slept in the office every night during the season. That's what I want to see in Buffalo. Not Bozo the clown and his fat brother.

Yup. Someone less concerned with being cool and hip and more concerned with preparing this I'll prepared team.
            I came.
            I saw.
            I conquered.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
              • Apr 2005

Hey Terry and Kim...look how dedicated your wonder boy is .
              27 mil ? Got any more jobs like that..?
              Shouldn't he be helping Anthony Lynn? A little guidance maybe for the rookie OC?
              Rex has got to know he's on the way out and doesn't give a rats a** .
              Last edited by sdbillsfan2; 09-18-2016, 04:51 PM.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Gruden usually did, also. I know he's a shill with his announcing gig these days (so would I be for that easy $$$). His pressers when he was with TB were hilarious - when his team stunk, he wouldn't dodge a bullet - told it like it was.

He reminded me of TB's first-ever HC, John McKay, who was once asked what he thought of his team's execution. McKay replied, "I'm in favor of it."

Comment

• Swiper
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                  Gruden usually did, also. I know he's a shill with his announcing gig these days (so would I be for that easy $$$). His pressers when he was with TB were hilarious - when his team stunk, he wouldn't dodge a bullet - told it like it was.

He reminded me of TB's first-ever HC, John McKay, who was once asked what he thought of his team's execution. McKay replied, "I'm in favor of it."
                  I'm sure many of them do. Most probably. Ours though no. I think of all our prior coaches, Marrone, Jauron, Gailey, Gregg Williams, Mularkey, and they all probably prepared a lot more intently than Ryan. I still can't believe the Bill hired him.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                    • Sep 2012

What revelation would they have come to yesterday that they haven't in the previous ~30 years of coaching? People get obsessed with the guys working 100 hour weeks, but is that really making them more effective? There's diminishing returns to working until midnight every day and coming in at 6 AM the next day.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                      What revelation would they have come to yesterday that they haven't in the previous ~30 years of coaching? People get obsessed with the guys working 100 hour weeks, but is that really making them more effective? There's diminishing returns to working until midnight every day and coming in at 6 AM the next day.
                      That's one extreme but let's face it, there's another one too.

I was inclined to think the News was right when they said Rex goes nowhere near OBD in the offseason, because he thinks he's just that good and needs no extra work.

Sure, everyone is entitled to have time off, but I don't exactly see his preparation and process stars shining brightly.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post

Not really a story, imo.
                        They have a personnel department for that, especially this early in the season. We all know damn well they were there to watch his kid play, especially considering it was family weekend.

Now, I can't ***** about a guy doing family duty...I don't blame him and I probably would at least try to do the same, but considering the circumstances (0-2, a 'new' guy heading up the offense) I would hope he would be doing double-time to do his gawddamn job the rest of this week/month/season. Unfortunately if previous reports are true (rarely showed up at the stadium during the off-season), I don't think it's unreasonable to assume putting in OT is high on his priority list.

He got paid. He got his brother paid. He got his cronies paid. He got his buddies paid. He's already hit the jackpot and is just coasting.
                        Last edited by YardRat; 09-18-2016, 05:32 PM.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• stuckincincy
                          Buffalo Bills Fan
                          • Sep 2003

I'm sure many of them do. Most probably. Ours though no. I think of all our prior coaches, Marrone, Jauron, Gailey, Gregg Williams, Mularkey, and they all probably prepared a lot more intently than Ryan. I still can't believe the Bill hired him.
                          Me either. I took pains to describe here how CIN beat NYJ. It was good stuff - I've been watching football for over half of a century. If a team has any smarts, they scour the internet to get the skinny supplied by the observations of folks on fan sites - it's like having a gazillion scouts at zero cost. That's one of the things a team's cute-young-thing QC analyst is supposed to do. I'm confident that BUF's one forked over the info, but probably got dismissed by the big ego crowd.
                          Last edited by stuckincincy; 09-18-2016, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

Without preparation ....

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                              That's one extreme but let's face it, there's another one too.

I was inclined to think the News was right when they said Rex goes nowhere near OBD in the offseason, because he thinks he's just that good and needs no extra work.

Sure, everyone is entitled to have time off, but I don't exactly see his preparation and process stars shining brightly.
                              Right, but I also see known workaholic Andy Reid botching game after game because he gets confused about the simplest things, like clock management. And I wonder if that's a result of a 58 year old man sleeping 35 hours in a week.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X