PDA

View Full Version : WHO REALLY THINKS THING'S WILL CHANGE?

mdcas22
09-19-2016, 07:44 PM
You got to be a homer if you think all of a sudden the offense's gets better by getting rid of a coach, Roman wasn't the one who missed wide open wr's, Roman wasn't the one getting flagged for holding , Roman wasn't the one dancing in the pocket like a deer in head lights. Roman wasn't the one who can't read defense's quick enough , Roman was the one who simplified the offense to suite his under sized QB who can't see over the middle, Nope who is gonna be the scape goat after 2 more weeks? Rex Ryan wanted Tyrod and I'm almost 100% sure Roman didn't, last year during pre season there was a offensive coach wanting Cassel as the starter, Rex over ruled and the love affair ended right there. Of coarse your head coach is gonna win out over the o-cord but I think they fired the wrong coach. should have hired Roman as the head coach and kept Schwartz.

k-oneputt
09-19-2016, 08:14 PM
I think he has two more games.
If they lose to Ariz and New Eng, I think he gets fired.
Somebody on staff becomes the interm and it starts all over again next year when Pegula cleans house.

Turf
09-19-2016, 08:16 PM
I'm predicting Reed week 6 becomes coach if there's a change this year.

Mace
09-19-2016, 08:16 PM
I think he has two more games.
If they lose to Ariz and New Eng, I think he gets fired.
Somebody on staff becomes the interm and it starts all over again next year when Pegula cleans house.

If he goes, they'll leave him alone until the end of the season.

Joe Fo Sho
09-19-2016, 08:21 PM
Why are all of your thread titles screaming at me?

Mace
09-19-2016, 08:23 PM

He's excitable.

mdcas22
09-19-2016, 08:37 PM

well joe fo sho who the fo's no's

YardRat
09-19-2016, 09:09 PM
I don't think I've seen anybody exclaim things were going to get better.

Unfortunately, I don't see anybody on staff being able to step into an interim because they are all loyal Jet-Stank, except for Crossman, and the rest of the Jet-Stank aren't going to work with him. We're stuck with Wrecks until the end of the season.

Don't know if anybody has noticed (I just did) but the money-grubbing nepotism continues to grow...Kromer's spawn was hired as an 'coaching assistant' at some point.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches/

Wryan isn't trying to run a football team, he's setting up a day care for his cronies kiddie gartners.

Mace
09-19-2016, 09:22 PM
You know, I just found this :

Ground and pound was something that followed me forever based on my first year when I made that ‘oh, we’re going to ground and pound.’ We had a rookie quarterback [Mark Sanchez], some good backs, a good offensive line. We weren’t exactly the greatest receiving corps, so I just thought it made sense, but that tag has followed me forever.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/bob-glauber/firing-offensive-coordinator-a-panic-move-by-rex-ryan-1.12331166

But also this :

• “Are we going to do ground and pound? Yeah. You’re darn right we are.”

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/11/01/ground-and-pound-more-like-mush-and-slush/

There's something wrong with him.

stuckincincy
09-19-2016, 09:39 PM
Who did this mess! Who did this mess! :kid:

Funny video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9R-Wrpd8w8

gebobs
09-19-2016, 10:22 PM
Roman wasn't the one dancing in the pocket like a deer in head lights.

Nominated for "tortured metaphor of the month". ;-)

GingerP
09-20-2016, 09:39 PM
I'm predicting Reed week 6 becomes coach if there's a change this year.

Reed? That would be a pretty meteoric rise. He just retired from playing. The Bills just hired him in January to his first-ever coaching job as an assistant defensive backs coach, and you are going to promote him to head coach within 10 months?

mdcas22
09-20-2016, 09:52 PM
Nominated for "tortured metaphor of the month". ;-)

that was pretty bad.lol

jimmifli
09-20-2016, 10:59 PM
I don't think I've seen anybody exclaim things were going to get better.

Unfortunately, I don't see anybody on staff being able to step into an interim because they are all loyal Jet-Stank, except for Crossman, and the rest of the Jet-Stank aren't going to work with him. We're stuck with Wrecks until the end of the season.

Don't know if anybody has noticed (I just did) but the money-grubbing nepotism continues to grow...Kromer's spawn was hired as an 'coaching assistant' at some point.

Wryan isn't trying to run a football team, he's setting up a day care for his cronies kiddie gartners.

It's like when Adam Sandler got tired of Hollywood and just started knowingly making ****ty movies that he cast with his friends. Makes a few million bucks, his friends cash a cheque, and he gets to hang out with them.

Cleve
09-21-2016, 07:13 AM

The lower echelons get the "Nepotism is fine and dandy" message right from the highest executive levels of this team - Brandon installed his own brother Gregg as an Executive VP of the team. I'm sure his bro works "really hard" for a huge salary.

trapezeus
09-21-2016, 08:12 AM
I don't think anything will change. they'll never move Brandon out.

Cleve
09-21-2016, 08:32 AM
The Pegulas may cement themselves a place as some of the best-intended, but most inept, sports team owners in America. Their first mistake was actually listening to Brandon's self-aggrandizing self-promotion and snake oil salesman double-talk. I thought, when first discussed that hiring that a$$-clown Rex Ryan was one of the dumbest moves the Bills could make - but with Brandon's help, the Pegulas made it.

Bill Cody
09-21-2016, 09:30 AM
The Rex hire was a catastrophe. I didn't like Marrone and clearly the guy was a dick but there was actually people interested in the job for a change after he left other than the usual suspects. And we hire....Rex. Who's going to want the job now after this train wreck? Is Marty Schottenheimer still living?

I think Rex stays until the year is over. What would be the point of changing in season? Let the disfunction continue and fester, let mahem ensue. If it's going to be nuclear winter why candy coat it?

Cleve
09-21-2016, 10:47 AM
The fact the Jets had such an astonishing turnaround, from 4-12 in Ryan's last season as HC to 10-6 with Ryan Friggin Fitzpatrick as their QB.... that should tell volumes about Ryan's HC capability.

Ryan's overall record with the Jets was a dismal 46W 50L, and that even during an era where two division opponents - Bills and Dolphins, were mostly awful.

trapezeus
09-21-2016, 10:54 AM
the only reason to fire rex early is if he's rushing players like shaq Lawson onto the field to save his hide. it's a lost season at this point and as the games get played will get significantly worse. as such, if he puts the rookies on the mend in danger, he should get the boot.

Cleve
09-21-2016, 11:13 AM
the only reason to fire rex early is if he's rushing players like shaq Lawson onto the field to save his hide. it's a lost season at this point and as the games get played will get significantly worse. as such, if he puts the rookies on the mend in danger, he should get the boot.

Agreed - this season is pretty much wasted already. Even firing Ryan, Whaley, and Brandon and the carryover Wilson regime today would change nothing this season. Unfortunately, these past two years of the Bills endless "rebuild" will be just two more wasted years - two more of 14 or 15 years and counting. Add them to the tab.

Firing Ryan isn't going to do much either, with the Pegulas getting their advice from the same useless schmucks (Brandon and Whaley) who recommended this clown in the first place.

Let's jump forward - firing Ryan mid season or end of season, but with the Wilson/Brandon regime mostly intact (Buddy friggin NIX is still listed on the staff roster!) - all we'll see is wash, rinse, and repeat of what we've already seen several times before.

Even bringing a good coach in - he'd be saddled with a highly dysfunctional front office in disarray. It's probably why the Bills can only get bottom shelf coaching hires. The quality guys wouldn't touch that mess at OBD with a 10 ft pole.

sudzy
09-21-2016, 02:12 PM
CHANGE?!?! Nothing really ever changes at One Bills Dr. Players change. Coaches change. GMs change. Hell even the owner changed. The results remain the same, 6-8 wins a year. It's like Groundhogs Day, I am force to relive the same Bills season over and over and over again.

Cleve
09-21-2016, 02:58 PM
The only thing that would help - a top notch football guy put in place as GM, who was also a total control freak - in the mold of a Bill Belichek - and was given, by ownership, the autonomy to hire and fire at will, and answered SOLELY and directly to ownership. The incredible depth of talent on their roster is no accident - it's the result of one man with a vision. That's usually how real excellence is achieved in this world- not by "committee" or by 'group consensus' or 'group buy in' but by one guy who won't compromise, slugging it out in the trenches and fighting to make his dream a reality.

The Bills will NEVER achieve that by holding committee meetings, or Russ Brandons skipping merrily around the corridors of OBD, whispering suggestions in the owners' ears. They need a football Caesar to take charge.

swiper
09-21-2016, 06:57 PM
The only thing that would help - a top notch football guy put in place as GM,

That's exactly what OBD told us when they brought Buddy Nix in to town.

SpikedLemonade
09-21-2016, 11:33 PM
It's like when Adam Sandler got tired of Hollywood and just started knowingly making ****ty movies that he cast with his friends. Makes a few million bucks, his friends cash a cheque, and he gets to hang out with them.

He also gets to spend time with this goddess for a few months at a time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqpLEufGnA

sdbillsfan2
09-22-2016, 01:55 PM
http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/09/22/listen-mike-francesa-obliterates-bills-rex-ryan-pegulas-10-straight-minutes/?utm_campaign=puma&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1474546994

Historian
09-23-2016, 05:48 AM
"The Beverly Hillbillies of the NFL"

:roflmao:

sahlensguy
09-23-2016, 07:47 AM
"The Beverly Hillbillies of the NFL"

:roflmao:

The Beverly HillBillies

mead107
09-24-2016, 05:57 AM
2 wins in a row would make things different.