PDA

View Full Version : Rumblings : Film breakdown of Taylor, week 2.

Mace
09-21-2016, 07:05 PM
Mentions of Taylor's bad footwork, I've seen his mechanics questioned this season. Odd thing to me is it is also mentioned he was limited by his play caller and the hope Lynn opens it up so the organization can get a "real" look at Taylor.

I don't really get it. To me it's like saying Taylor has limitations and his struggling with his mechanics, so it makes more sense to set him free with his issues instead of limiting them two games into the season, essentially make it 14 games of improv theater.

One name I'm going to keep drumming on. QB coach David Lee.

David Lee, David Lee, David Lee. He was the guy Fitzpatrick said was the first QB coach he ever had to work with him on mechanics. Fitzpatrick has had more success without Lee.

Anyway, good luck to Lynn, he's going to need it, because the only thing different is that Roman isn't there to know better about Taylor : http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/9/21/12994088/bills-tyrod-taylor-film-breakdown-jets-week-2

swiper
09-21-2016, 07:10 PM
David Lee was a horrid QB coach when he was in Buffalo.

Tyrod Taylor is a running back trying to play QB.

Mace
09-21-2016, 07:12 PM

2 games in sure looks like both look right.

TacklingDummy
09-21-2016, 09:34 PM
Sandlot QBs don't have footwork

Mace
09-21-2016, 09:36 PM
Sandlot QBs don't have footwork

Sure they do. Manziel had great footwork. Is still dancing to and fro. Not much else but the man has incredible footwork.

mdcas22
09-21-2016, 09:59 PM

still is in Buffalo

YardRat
09-22-2016, 04:59 AM
Too much credit given for the throw to Goodwin...not a lot of skill in knowing you're going to chuck it as far as you can and hope the track star runs under it.

swiper
09-22-2016, 05:07 AM
still is in Buffalo

I was referring to when he was here with Fitzpatrick. IIRC he left, went to the Jets, then came back with Rex?

SpikedLemonade
09-22-2016, 05:19 AM
Only a ******ed football organization would think the answer to having a QB who can NOT throw the ball over his OL between the hash marks is to spend $12M a year for a move TE.

DraftBoy
09-22-2016, 06:26 AM
Too much credit given for the throw to Goodwin...not a lot of skill in knowing you're going to chuck it as far as you can and hope the track star runs under it.

You're forgetting the pre- and post-snap read that Taylor makes before the throw. Pre-snap Revis starts backing off Goodwin indicating single coverage but the safety is still there so you don't know if the safety is sitting in Cover 2 or a different coverage. Post-snap the safety stays flat footed and gives Taylor the final bit of info he needs to take a shot on the throw. Also I think there is some additional credit due on the throw since it hit Goodwin in stride. Anyone whose ever thrown that route at any level knows that it's not as simple and just throwing it as hard as you can and letting your WR run under it.

There are throws like that, but the ball placement, the fact that it hits him in stride, and trajectory tell you that he didn't simply chuck it deep and hope Goodwin could run under it.

I didn't really agree with much of Chris's conclusions because his focus was on Taylor solely and not other factors. That's not to say Taylor is without because he decision making in the game was beyond deplorable, like the INT throw to Watkins. Woods in the check down and he's got nobody within 10 yards of him.