PDA

View Full Version : The Pats must have sold their souls

Mr. Miyagi
09-22-2016, 08:49 PM
With no Brady and Gronk, they took down a good Arizona team, destroyed the Dolphins on the road, then with their 3rd string rookie QB making Houston look bad.

Can a team really be that good? That well coached? With next to no weapons?

I just can't understand it. Just seems impossible. Is there anything else going on?

justasportsfan
09-22-2016, 08:56 PM
You can say the same about the bills/Raplh selling his in the 80/90s. We suck all these years because we're paying

Mr. Pink
09-22-2016, 09:11 PM
This game is a blowout right now if Brady was playing.

2 turnovers and short field got their first two scores and LeGarette Blount's running got that field goal.

Their defense has stymied Brock Osweiler.

GingerP
09-22-2016, 09:12 PM
They are solid everywhere and deeper than most. ST has been a huge factor for them in this game, they have controlled field position and made big plays.

Mr. Pink
09-22-2016, 09:13 PM
Here comes another short field score.

Easily a 30+ point lead right now with Brady under center.

Mr. Miyagi
09-22-2016, 09:15 PM
This is just unbelievable. There is just no way. Another turnover.

GingerP
09-22-2016, 09:18 PM
Their ST has been dominant and defense is controlling the LOS. They are playing their S back and still Hou can't run. Their offense had been conservative and playing complimentary. They are a machine.

Mr. Miyagi
09-22-2016, 09:21 PM
Unreal. Missed on 3rd down? Pass interference. 3 and out again? Pass interference.

BillsOwnAll
09-22-2016, 09:23 PM
Why do teams play their absolute worst against the patriots... 2 fumbled kickoffs.. Some teams don't fumble a kick off all year...

Then of course gift PI call in the endzone... NFL is almsot unwatchable these days. No kid is gonna ever gonna watch a game and say "I wanna be a NFL cornerback when I grow up"

bleve
09-22-2016, 09:25 PM
Google Ernie Adams

paladin warrior
09-22-2016, 09:26 PM
God .I hate Pats fans .I hate Tom Shaddy .I hate Belcheat-- I hate Pats owner..,I Hate Ref always on Pats side .

Mr. Miyagi
09-22-2016, 09:31 PM
Super late hit on Osweiller, by two players, no call. Just wow.

YardRat
09-22-2016, 09:34 PM
That is Walt Coleman leading the referee crew, right? Ummm...yeah.

Thurmal
09-22-2016, 09:37 PM
Super late hit on Osweiller, by two players, no call. Just wow.
I don't watch any Pats games unless they're playing the Bills or it's a playoff game I think they have a conceivable chance of losing. It was just unhealthy for my psyche. Between the almost-statistically impossible way they continue to win and the WWE officiating they receive, I would just spend the entire time pissed off, and it just wasn't worth it.

Scumbag College
09-22-2016, 09:48 PM
If it's any consolation to anyone, the game should end after 11:30pm EST so the Pats' short week for the Bills next week starts with them being somewhat tired tomorrow. So we have that going for us.

sahlensguy
09-22-2016, 09:51 PM
If it's any consolation to anyone, the game should end after 11:30pm EST so the Pats' short week for the Bills next week starts with them being somewhat tired tomorrow. So we have that going for us.

Rex will be hoping they have an "off" day.

Mr. Miyagi
09-22-2016, 09:52 PM
"The Patriots will start the season 3-0 without Tom Brady and Gronk." - said nobody.

BillsOwnAll
09-22-2016, 09:54 PM
Edelman should get a personal foul every play lol. Watxhinf the pats gets me so sour I don't even know why I remotely care anymore. I live in Massachusetts to -_-

GingerP
09-22-2016, 09:55 PM
This has been a tremendous game from the Pats ST. They won this game.

Mr. Miyagi
09-22-2016, 09:57 PM
Edelman is a huge douchebag with his douchy hair.

Scumbag College
09-22-2016, 10:00 PM
I rather eat glass and use fire as toilet paper than watch a Pats' game.

Mr. Miyagi
09-22-2016, 10:01 PM
Yeah I'm done with this crap too. I'm watching women's college soccer I swear to God.

Scumbag College
09-22-2016, 10:06 PM
A-Team repeats on Starz. Peter Boyle is in this one.

Mace
09-22-2016, 10:10 PM
Thing I like, NE isn't playing to give up field goals, they're playing for a shutout.

Bill Cody
09-22-2016, 10:39 PM
Not to be an a hole but is there anyone that would rather have Tie Rod than Brisset? 1 start and I'd trade Tie Rod for him straight up. Brisset wasn't great but played a clean game with 2 days of practice.

paladin warrior
09-23-2016, 12:27 AM
Az Cardinals should Have won beat Pats with a FG. Fu ck it. Blow it Cardinals......cuz AZ Cardinals lost with a. Miss FG . .

swiper
09-23-2016, 04:09 AM
"The Patriots will start the season 3-0 without Tom Brady and Gronk." - said nobody.

Leaving the Buffalo Bills with the last best chance to beat them this year. Oh boy.

Historian
09-23-2016, 05:08 AM
They win because they play a sound system, very well, that varies little year from year.

The players are like gears that are interchangeable. That's how they can win without Brady, or Gronk, or Welker. I barely know anyone on that team anymore.

A coordinator gets promoted to HC somewhere, BB has the next guy already groomed.

He is a master of details. On defense, he takes away your best weapon, and dares you to beat him.

It wasn't Parcells who defeated us in SB XXV....it was Belichek.

And given the idiots that run the Bills, the Jets, and the Dolphins, I don't expect anyone to challenge them for the division until he retires.

Reminds me of Shula in the 70's.

He took over a 3-9-1 Dolphin team, and turned it into a 10-4 powerhouse the next year, with essentially the same players.

Then they dominated the AFC East for the better part of 25 years.

Ingtar33
09-23-2016, 06:05 AM
With no Brady and Gronk, they took down a good Arizona team, destroyed the Dolphins on the road, then with their 3rd string rookie QB making Houston look bad.

Can a team really be that good? That well coached? With next to no weapons?

I just can't understand it. Just seems impossible. Is there anything else going on?

Just looking at the Pats roster, you could tell the Pats would be superbowl favorites this year. Best defense BB had to work with since the first 3 superbowls the BB pats went to. This will be the no.1 defense in the league this year.

Combine the best defense with no mistake offense and special teams and you can win with 3rd string QBs.

Not to be an a hole but is there anyone that would rather have Tie Rod than Brisset? 1 start and I'd trade Tie Rod for him straight up. Brisset wasn't great but played a clean game with 2 days of practice.

this is idiotic. did you watch that game? Tyrod would have put up 40 points playing for NE tonight. Give tyrod a defense like that, a running game like that, and a scheme that maximizes his talents like that? He would have DESTROYED the texans. Its about coaching.

Tyrod is good enough to get you to the playoffs. But you need a well coached team with a good defense to do it. Right now we have an ATROCIOUS defense and a poorly coached team.

CommissarSpartacus
09-23-2016, 06:13 AM
This just shows how thin the NFL is in the brains department.

At least half the coaches and GMs in the league are sub-morons (not to mention the fans and owners), so guys that actually KNOW what they're doing stand out like a sore thumb.

YardRat
Penalties played a small part again, not surprising. Once again NE gets three inconsequential penalties (false start on 1st and 10, false start on 2nd and 10, delay of game on fourth down punt when the game was well over at the end of the fourth) and Houston gets tagged for 15 yards (letting NE escape starting a drive at their own 16, pushing the ball out to the 31 on their first drive), two PI calls inside their own 10, giving NE multiple first downs at the one, another PI on a third down incompletion that gives NE a first down, and two more by the Houston offense that eliminate gains.

If somebody had the time and resources and did a study on the penalties that were enforced over the last 15 years in NE games and how those penalties affected possession, yards negated for NE vs the opponents, first downs 'given' and 'taken away', etc I'm convinced the results would probably be more lopsided than the fumble thingie in the Patriot's favor.

The King
It surprises me that none of the coaches in Belichicks tree have even had a sniff of the same success. Its like he keeps all the info to himself. It doesnt surprise me but it does... if that makes sense.

Weis
Crennell
OBrien
McDaniels
Mangini

sahlensguy
09-23-2016, 07:43 AM
Belichick has a commitment to preperation like few others.

BOBM253
09-23-2016, 07:59 AM
The pats seem to play a different game. So smooth, so efficient, no confusion or panic, ever. They truly do play all phases like a machine. Compare them to the herky jerky confused Bills......Never see a Pat with their head down or looking confused. No stupid penalties. Belichek must be that good - what else could it be? They change their roster all the time and still win in impressive fashion. We won't beat them until HE retires. Like Bum Philips said He'll 'beat you with his team and then take yours and beat you with yours.

Mr. Miyagi
09-23-2016, 08:05 AM
It surprises me that none of the coaches in Belichicks tree have even had a sniff of the same success. Its like he keeps all the info to himself. It doesnt surprise me but it does... if that makes sense.

Weis
Crennell
OBrien
McDaniels
Mangini
I was thinking along the same line. Can you name any players that were good in New England, left the team, and went on to be successful on another team? Not that I can think of:

Wes Welker - sucked in Denver
Ty Law - Bounced around Chiefs/Jets/Broncos
Wilfork - Got old in Houston
Vinatieri - Only one I can think of
Richard Seymore - Got old in Oakland

If there are secret techniques how come none of the players carried them to another team? If there are secret teachings of cheating how come nobody ever ever came forward after they left the team?

They just seem to get super lucky all the time, get all the calls from the refs (starting with Tuck Rule), rarely ever get called for holding on the O-line that somehow gives a clean pocket to the QB all the time (but none of the players can do it with another team).

I just don't get it.

Mr. Miyagi
09-23-2016, 08:08 AM

Weis
Crennell
OBrien
McDaniels
Mangini
Also, if their defense is so damn good, how come their DC Patricia has never got any sniff at a HC job anywhere?

The King
09-23-2016, 08:09 AM
Add Matt Cassel, Brandon Merriweather, Daniel Grahahm, Deion Branch, Lawrence Maroney to that list.

Danny Woodhead is the only one I can think of that performed at a high level after leaving.

Mr. Miyagi
09-23-2016, 08:10 AM
Belichick has a commitment to preperation like few others.
It's just very difficult to believe that he simply out-prepares every single coach in the league, year after year after year. Just not possible. Nobody is that good.

trapezeus
09-23-2016, 08:12 AM
the fact the bills have taken 25 years to find a serviceable qb and the pats have now had 4 raises a lot of red flags. they have turnover in the OL, they don't have big receivers to make it easier on average qbs and they keep winning. the 77-0 with the lead at halftime is another red flag. the fact that players leave and suck and that coaches leave and suck is another red flag. but people want to keep saying that he's smarter than all the other hall of fame coaches who have had down years when the talent thins out.

if the patriots were a financial institution, the SEC would be investigating them based on the pecularilities of literally everything that they do. the NFL is a joke that they let this go on.

Mr. Miyagi
09-23-2016, 08:19 AM
the fact the bills have taken 25 years to find a serviceable qb and the pats have now had 4 raises a lot of red flags. they have turnover in the OL, they don't have big receivers to make it easier on average qbs and they keep winning. the 77-0 with the lead at halftime is another red flag. the fact that players leave and suck and that coaches leave and suck is another red flag. but people want to keep saying that he's smarter than all the other hall of fame coaches who have had down years when the talent thins out.

if the patriots were a financial institution, the SEC would be investigating them based on the pecularilities of literally everything that they do. the NFL is a joke that they let this go on.

I was just thinking the same thing. There is something really fishy going on, in a much much grander scale than deflated balls and even spying. But the league simply cannot allow it to get out because it would be fraud on a highest level and the entire league would just basically fold. I think that's why Gooddell is being so harsh on some stupid deflated balls, as sort of a make up penalty to something that he knows about but cannot disclose. Kinda like OJ doing life in prison for a simple assault.

sahlensguy
09-23-2016, 08:37 AM
It's just very difficult to believe that he simply out-prepares every single coach in the league, year after year after year. Just not possible. Nobody is that good.

Once you get the train moving,is difficult to stop. They are playing on house money too. Everyone else expends more energy just to catch up.

Mr. Miyagi
09-23-2016, 08:40 AM
Thank GOD at least we scored 31 points on national TV and not got shut out like the Texans.

sahlensguy
09-23-2016, 08:47 AM
Thank GOD at least we scored 31 points on national TV and not got shut out like the Texans.

I'm not so sure that Greg Roman agrees with that.

BOBM253
09-23-2016, 08:55 AM
Players come and go, year in and out. Backup QB's play and they don't miss a beat. It has to be all about Belichek and his methods/system. What else could it be?????

Joe Fo Sho
09-23-2016, 08:57 AM
Tom Brady isn't special.

sahlensguy
09-23-2016, 09:03 AM
Tom Brady isn't special.

BS. He set the bar in New England and he said high, for every scrub QB who followed him.

justasportsfan
09-23-2016, 09:14 AM

Weis
Crennell
OBrien
McDaniels
Mangini

BB knows how to get his players to do their job. He knows how to keep them focused. Plus he's never satisfied.

Rexy is the opposite. He's a clown who thinks he's a brain surgeon.

People can celebrate scaks, TD's , INT, winning 11-16 games etc. , but your job is really not done unless you win the sb.

sahlensguy
09-23-2016, 09:36 AM
Players come and go, year in and out. Backup QB's play and they don't miss a beat. It has to be all about Belichek and his methods/system. What else could it be?????

The winning culture under BB is amazing. They hardly missed a beat since the Aaron Hernandez case. Brady has been the ultimate foot soldier all along. Craft is solid for them. For better and worse, cultures start at the top and this one is not slowing down.

CommissarSpartacus
09-23-2016, 10:24 AM
Belichick is a success because he doesn't buy into bull**** NFL conventional wisdom.

For example, attitude.

If you asked most NFL fans, media and coaches, they'd say that a team with "swagger" is a GOOD thing. The macho guys love their swagger.

Belichick on the other hand?

From the book, Patriot Reign...

"I’ve read a couple of comments. Now I don’t spend a lot of team reading the paper. I really don’t. But I do watch a little about what we say and what we think. I’ve seen a couple of comments here, some of the players here saying we need to get our ‘swagger’ back. Our attitude back. You know what? We didn’t have ‘swagger’ last year. What we had was a sense of urgency; a sense of urgency about playing well, being smart and taking advantage of every opportunity and situation that came our way. It wasn’t about ****ing ‘swagger.’ So you can take that swagger and shove it up your ass, OK?”

justasportsfan
09-23-2016, 10:30 AM
Belichick is a success because he doesn't buy into bull**** NFL conventional wisdom.

For example, attitude.

If you asked most NFL fans, media and coaches, they'd say that a team with "swagger" is a GOOD thing. The macho guys love their swagger.

"I’ve read a couple of comments. Now I don’t spend a lot of team reading the paper. I really don’t. But I do watch a little about what we say and what we think. I’ve seen a couple of comments here, some of the players here saying we need to get our ‘swagger’ back. Our attitude back. You know what? We didn’t have ‘swagger’ last year. What we had was a sense of urgency; a sense of urgency about playing well, being smart and taking advantage of every opportunity and situation that came our way. It wasn’t about ****ing ‘swagger.’ So you can take that swagger and shove it up your ass, OK?”

Rex is all about swagger and looking good with media. This is why he is BB beeyotch!

With that said, I hope we beat the pats .

The King
09-23-2016, 10:39 AM
The winning culture under BB is amazing. They hardly missed a beat since the Aaron Hernandez case. Brady has been the ultimate foot soldier all along. Craft is solid for them. For better and worse, cultures start at the top and this one is not slowing down.

Kraft learned his lesson after he meddled with Parcells team.

WagonCircler
09-23-2016, 10:40 AM
The notion that they sold their soul mistakenly assumes that they ever had a soul.

Joe Fo Sho
09-23-2016, 10:45 AM
BS. He set the bar in New England and he said high, for every scrub QB who followed him.

Tom Brady is average. He has the 3rd best winning percentage for quarterbacks to play for the Patriots over the last year and a half.

Mediocre.

sahlensguy
09-23-2016, 10:53 AM

For example, attitude.

Yep, that's what I like about this Anthony Lynn guy. He seems smart, lacks the swagger and answers questions in a thoughtful, and urgent way.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-23-2016, 11:17 AM
I was just thinking the same thing. There is something really fishy going on, in a much much grander scale than deflated balls and even spying. But the league simply cannot allow it to get out because it would be fraud on a highest level and the entire league would just basically fold. I think that's why Gooddell is being so harsh on some stupid deflated balls, as sort of a make up penalty to something that he knows about but cannot disclose. Kinda like OJ doing life in prison for a simple assault.

Here now, quite simply, is the Patriots system

1. A genius for a coach
2. Ernie Adams
3. Every cheat in the league that the league either does not know about, has no policy on, or is in cahoots with.
4. It helps when the refs are on your side. All you need are three to five calls or non calls at strategic moments of the game and you can let the momentum build for a team in such a way that the other team will never recover. You don't need a flag cast, just three to five calls or "missed" calls a game.
5. Be the cash cow that ensures league revenue
6. Become a storied franchise. It's all about selling the story. That's how you get people to tune in week in and week out. Brady v. Manning, A perfect season, Dynasty, it's all about the story. Why, because the League is about entertainment and not wins and losses.

Historian
09-23-2016, 11:19 AM
Why, because the League is about entertainment and not wins and losses.

That, and selling 100 dollar shirts.

bleve
09-23-2016, 11:31 AM
Here now, quite simply, is the Patriots system

1. A genius for a coach
2. Ernie Adams
3. Every cheat in the league that the league either does not know about, has no policy on, or is in cahoots with.
4. It helps when the refs are on your side. All you need are three to five calls or non calls at strategic moments of the game and you can let the momentum build for a team in such a way that the other team will never recover. You don't need a flag cast, just three to five calls or "missed" calls a game.
5. Be the cash cow that ensures league revenue
6. Become a storied franchise. It's all about selling the story. That's how you get people to tune in week in and week out. Brady v. Manning, A perfect season, Dynasty, it's all about the story. Why, because the League is about entertainment and not wins and losses.

Without Ernie Adams, I don't think Bellicheck is a genius.

YardRat
09-24-2016, 06:01 AM
They win because they play a sound system, very well, that varies little year from year.

The players are like gears that are interchangeable. That's how they can win without Brady, or Gronk, or Welker. I barely know anyone on that team anymore.

A coordinator gets promoted to HC somewhere, BB has the next guy already groomed.

He is a master of details. On defense, he takes away your best weapon, and dares you to beat him.

It wasn't Parcells who defeated us in SB XXV....it was Belichek.

And given the idiots that run the Bills, the Jets, and the Dolphins, I don't expect anyone to challenge them for the division until he retires.

Reminds me of Shula in the 70's.

He took over a 3-9-1 Dolphin team, and turned it into a 10-4 powerhouse the next year, with essentially the same players.

Then they dominated the AFC East for the better part of 25 years.

I don't agree...even Shula had his 'down' cycle (75-77), and the Dolphins of that era don't match the anomaly of the Patriots of the last 15 seasons. After Shula's first year, the Dolphins finished 2nd or 3rd in the division 6 out of the next 15 seasons, and lost in the division/wilcard round of the playoffs 5 other times. In essence, they went to 6 conference championships/Super Bowls over a 15 year period(they went to the SB one time after finishing 2nd in the East). The Patriots, by comparison, after BB's first season, finished 2nd TWICE in the division, winning it 13 times, and lost in the division/wild card round three times. They have gone to the conference/Super Bowl 10 out of 15 seasons, twice as many as Shula's Dolphins.

I have yet to see an elongated period of success and dominance from any team in any sport over a 15 year period that is similar, and it isn't coaching...it's cheating.

ParanoidAndroid
09-24-2016, 08:32 AM
Like I said in another thread: They have an intelligence gathering mechanism unrivaled in professional sports. They are in other teams' playbooks.

chris66
09-24-2016, 10:19 AM
I don't agree...even Shula had his 'down' cycle (75-77), and the Dolphins of that era don't match the anomaly of the Patriots of the last 15 seasons. After Shula's first year, the Dolphins finished 2nd or 3rd in the division 6 out of the next 15 seasons, and lost in the division/wilcard round of the playoffs 5 other times. In essence, they went to 6 conference championships/Super Bowls over a 15 year period(they went to the SB one time after finishing 2nd in the East). The Patriots, by comparison, after BB's first season, finished 2nd TWICE in the division, winning it 13 times, and lost in the division/wild card round three times. They have gone to the conference/Super Bowl 10 out of 15 seasons, twice as many as Shula's Dolphins.

I have yet to see an elongated period of success and dominance from any team in any sport over a 15 year period that is similar, and it isn't coaching...it's cheating.
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Night Train
09-24-2016, 10:44 AM
Belichick is the greatest coach of all time by a mile.

He wins with a great scheme on D and asks McDaniel to simplify a low risk O game plan, considering the circumstance of having inexperienced QB's playing until Brady returns. Success makes the locker room believe at all times.

Houston made a titanic gamble on Brock O and it looks bad right now. He was lost and turnovers just help the Pats take a lead they won't give up.

Historian
09-24-2016, 10:54 AM
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/q81/s526x395/14449724_10154578576139936_829683146920541958_n.jpg?oh=fc7f67e8eba992c055bc7ad43133a8cd&oe=587C231E

YardRat
09-24-2016, 11:39 AM
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Way too much smoke to not be any fire.