PDA

View Full Version : JTTS. Don't screw it up.

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2016, 12:42 PM
Watching them play the Cards and this is classic Bills. Play well enough to win a few games here and there against teams having bad games, but then not enough to get into the playoffs, but enough to keep out of the top 5 in the draft.

JTTS - JUST TANK THE SEASON.

They need Kelly 2.0. Anything less and we're staring down another decade of futility.

OpIv37
09-25-2016, 01:17 PM
Question: who is this Kelly 2.0 that we should tank for?

Ingtar33
09-25-2016, 01:42 PM
Watching them play the Cards and this is classic Bills. Play well enough to win a few games here and there against teams having bad games, but then not enough to get into the playoffs, but enough to keep out of the top 5 in the draft.

They need Kelly 2.0. Anything less and we're staring down another decade of futility.

Kelly 2.0 -> I think you mean Chad Kelly right?

he'll be there in round 2.

YardRat
09-25-2016, 01:44 PM
Kelly 2.0 -> I think you mean Chad Kelly right?

he'll be there in round 2.

No he won't.

Yasgur's Farm
09-25-2016, 01:44 PM
Actually... His stock has risen. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/probe.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2017&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC
And http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=123842&draftyear=2017&genpos=QB

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2016, 02:14 PM
SIGH. 1-2. Maybe can afford 2 more wins and we're out of the Kelly sweepstakes. The Bills have PERFECTED the art of being bad. Win and lose at the worst times. We all know there is NO way this team as is, is going to be any good. Coaching is terrible, and TT is not a franchise qb. Until that changes, we're going to see another decade or longer of futility.

SIGH.

The ONLY wins I want to see are against the Pats, because, well, you know...

Joe Fo Sho
09-25-2016, 03:38 PM
It's September. Go s*** in your hat.

mdcas22
09-25-2016, 03:40 PM
Kelly by year's end will demand a 1st round pick but if I'm the Bill's I wouldn't stop there, I'd draft 3 quarterbacks next year and maybe 1 of the 3 will finally be the guy.

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2016, 07:48 PM
Kelly by year's end will demand a 1st round pick but if I'm the Bill's I wouldn't stop there, I'd draft 3 quarterbacks next year and maybe 1 of the 3 will finally be the guy.

Seriously, I don't really follow college ball so take with a giant truckload of salt. But if Kelly is truly a franchise QB (on paper, cause you never know), then they need to get him any way they can. Kelly 1.0 has been gone for TWENTY years now, and it is no coincidence how this team has been over that same time. At least it's a new owner so we can't know what he is going to do. But I'm hoping he wipes out the coaching staff, grabs Kelly, and we FINALLY can start moving in the right direction after 20 years.

No QB, no winning playoffs, SB, etc. Period.

Topas
09-26-2016, 08:47 AM
I think the correct abbreviation is JTB.
Just tank, baby!

SpikedLemonade
09-26-2016, 09:42 AM

I can get behind a one year only tank this year.

Chad Kelly is an alcoholic like his uncle was. I have no interest in the bum.

My goal is actually win a Super Bowl during my lifetime.

SpikedLemonade
09-26-2016, 09:55 AM
How many SBs did Jim Kelly actually win for us again?

He was a choke artist.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-26-2016, 10:11 AM
Fans might want a tank, but Rex and Whaley are not going to play along.

Ingtar33
09-26-2016, 10:22 AM
How many SBs did Jim Kelly actually win for us again?

He was a choke artist.

superbowl 25 - defense was our problem, not kelly
superbowl 26 - no one was beating that redskins team, still kelly did have a bad game
superbowl 27 - kelly was knocked out of that game
superbowl 28 - that game was TT fumblitis and the defense's inability to stop emmitt smith.

DraftBoy
09-26-2016, 11:25 AM
No he won't.

Maybe not, but I question the people complaining about the inconsistency with Tyrod and calling for Kelly to be drafted. There may not be a more Jekyll and Hyde QB prospect in this coming draft. I'd say he's the 2nd overall QB behind Watson as of now. But that doesn't mean he's a franchise QB.

justasportsfan
09-26-2016, 12:00 PM
Maybe not, but I question the people complaining about the inconsistency with Tyrod and calling for Kelly to be drafted. There may not be a more Jekyll and Hyde QB prospect in this coming draft. I'd say he's the 2nd overall QB behind Watson as of now. But that doesn't mean he's a franchise QB.

inconsistent in college vs still inconsistent in NFL after 4-5 years, I'll take a chance on the kid.

WagonCircler
09-26-2016, 12:19 PM

Huge difference between the two.

Tyrod is not going to suddenly grow 6 inches taller.

His middle of the field struggles are a permanent Achille's heel.

Kelly has been basically adopted by the Mannings and has become a film room warrior. He's learning the pro game, and he has all the tools to become a complete QB. A franchise QB.

DraftBoy
09-26-2016, 12:20 PM
Huge difference between the two.

Tyrod is not going to suddenly grow 6 inches taller.

His middle of the field struggles are a permanent Achille's heel.

Kelly has been basically adopted by the Mannings and has become a film room warrior. He's learning the pro game, and he has all the tools to become a complete QB. A franchise QB.

I'm curious to know where you read or heard the bolded?

SpikedLemonade
09-26-2016, 01:11 PM
superbowl 25 - defense was our problem, not kelly
superbowl 26 - no one was beating that redskins team, still kelly did have a bad game
superbowl 27 - kelly was knocked out of that game
superbowl 28 - that game was TT fumblitis and the defense's inability to stop emmitt smith.

I believe those games were all lost on the Friday and Saturday night where our drunk QB led his teammates in shots and snorts.

SpikedLemonade
09-26-2016, 01:14 PM
<body id="cke_pastebin" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; left: -1000px;">

-
CHAD KELLY
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ole/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/12012473.jpeg

<tbody style="box-sizing: border-box;">

Class:
Senior

Hometown:
Buffalo, N.Y.

High School:
St. Joseph's

</tbody>

Last College:
Clemson/East Mississippi CC

Height / Weight:
6-2 / 224

Position:
QB

Exp

</tbody>

</tbody>

</body>

-
CHAD KELLY
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ole/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/12012473.jpeg

Class:
Senior

Hometown:
Buffalo, N.Y.

High School:
St. Joseph's

</tbody>

Last College:
Clemson/East Mississippi CC

Height / Weight:
6-2 / 224

Position:
QB

Exp

</tbody>

</tbody>

Not exactly of Mannings' height except perhaps Archie who wasn't much of a NFL QB unlike his two sons.

WagonCircler
09-26-2016, 05:32 PM

I'll have to see if I can dig it up. It was about a month ago. It really got my attention.

WagonCircler
09-26-2016, 05:52 PM

What’s next?

Every day at Ole Miss brings Kelly one step closer to accomplishing his dream of playing in the NFL. He’s already spent two weeks this summer watching film of Florida State, which Ole Miss opens against on Sept. 5.

“I love Chad Kelly’s work ethic,” Freeze said. “He is a gym rat and studies more film than probably the coaches do.”

Kelly threw for 4,042 yards and 31 touchdowns and rushed for 500 yards and 10 touchdowns last season, tying or breaking 14 single-season school records and leading Ole Miss to its first Sugar Bowl win, a 48-20 victory over Oklahoma State, since 1970.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2016/07/16/ole-miss-chad-kelly-making-name-himself-final-year/87182330/

I've seen comments to this effect a few times. One of the other articles talks more about Archie and Eli mentoring him. I'll see if I can find it.

stuckincincy
09-26-2016, 10:01 PM
No he won't.

You nailed Dak Prescott, so I shall follow your lead.

Night Train
10-17-2016, 06:47 AM
Just TANK !

Joe Fo Sho
10-17-2016, 07:32 AM
I hope he s*** in his hat.