PDA

View Full Version : Winfield... stays or goes?

TypicalBill
07-27-2003, 03:47 PM
What do you think? will we resign him to a contract before he becomes a UFA ?

Novacane
07-27-2003, 03:52 PM
I think he may test the market but if he keeps getting no picks like in the past years he's not going to get the huge contract he thinks he is

The_Philster
07-27-2003, 03:57 PM
If they're smart, they'll do their best to keep him. He knows the system and the personnel surrounding him much better than a free agent would.

WG
07-27-2003, 03:57 PM
He's a $3-4M CB, that's all, maybe less. His cover skills are not the best, and first and foremost, that's what CBs do. Agreed that most others aren't nearly as good v. the run as AW is, but hey, coverage is paramount for CBs. If his coverage skills improve significantly this season, then his value will increase big time to the $5M+ range.

WG
07-27-2003, 03:58 PM
I voted yes.

That's my guess, but I wouldn't be crushed if we didn't resign him. It'd be a loss, but if we found a better cover guy, ahem, Kevin Thomas, then it's be a wash!

Tatonka
07-27-2003, 04:08 PM
i just cant phathom how you keep saying kevin thomas is a better cover corner than AW.. you saw him play in 3 friggin games and you talk about him like he is patrick surtain..

like you talk about travis brown like he is the next brett farve after seeing him play in one game...

yet you use the same lack of experience to hammer others into the ground as if they cant improve...

that really bugs me...

i have seen you mention KT and TB name like 100 times this week.

Novacane
07-27-2003, 04:30 PM
Lets see what Kevin Thomas has? He looked very good when he finally got in there. I see no reason to think he won't improve this year.

TD should try and sign Winfield now but if the demands are to steep than wait and see how Thomas progresses. I think we will like what we see from the kid

Valerie
07-27-2003, 05:12 PM
I didn't realize that the Bills were even in jeopardy of losing Antoine. I like him and I think he's a good player. I hope the Bills resign him. If not, maybe we can sign Jason Sehorn to take his place. lol ;)

Novacane
07-27-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
maybe we can sign Jason Sehorn to take his place. lol ;)

No :angry: way! He sucks and always has...............a media creation because he is a white guy in a "black guys" posistion

TypicalBill
07-27-2003, 05:18 PM
The Rams signed Sehorn earlier in the offseason, he's washed up, they're turning him into a FS as he cant keep up with the WR's as a corner.

Valerie
07-27-2003, 05:27 PM
I was just kidding, people. lol My brother is a HUGE Giants fan and he *****ed about Sehorn more than any other player on the Giants for the past two years. lol Fairway is right, he is one of the very few white guys in a black guy's position. Forgetting about the obvious and how he sucks, he is one hot guy!:hubba: Right now I don't think the Bills have many good looking guys in the team. I was just trying to being a little eye candy to the team. lol ;)

The_Philster
07-27-2003, 05:29 PM
Forgetting about the obvious and how he sucks, he is one hot guy!:hubba: Right now I don't think the Bills have many good looking guys in the team. I was just trying to being a little eye candy to the team. lol ;)

How did we ever guess? Just because the midget is gone ;)

Novacane
07-27-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

How did we ever guess? Just because the midget is gone ;)

:lol:

Novacane
07-27-2003, 05:41 PM
I was just trying to being a little eye candy to the team. lol ;)

I thought you girls think Coy wire is hot! That's all you get is one! We want guys that can actually play football:attn:

Valerie
07-27-2003, 05:43 PM
Coy Wire doesn't do it for me. That's Shelby's guy. I'm too picky I guess.

Novacane
07-27-2003, 05:46 PM
My sister thinks Eric Moulds is hot..............no not the one that will be at the Ravens game so don't ask her

WG
07-27-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i just cant phathom how you keep saying kevin thomas is a better cover corner than AW.. you saw him play in 3 friggin games and you talk about him like he is patrick surtain..

like you talk about travis brown like he is the next brett farve after seeing him play in one game...

yet you use the same lack of experience to hammer others into the ground as if they cant improve...

that really bugs me...

i have seen you mention KT and TB name like 100 times this week.

T,

He covered some very good WRs like white on rice last year. Wherever they were, he was. Unless he was on coke, he looked pretty darned good. I fail to see how that could have possibly been some sort of aberation!

As to Brown, I never said he was "the next Brett Favre", but what I did say was the following:

A. He had a tremendous amount of poise for a 2nd year guy who had never seen the field and in a game of such magnitude, i.e. the Miami game!
B. His passes were laser accurate! Which based on reports outta camp seem to indicate that they still are!
C. And that he looked to his second, and even third, targets like a seasoned vet and better than some vets already in the league!

That's what I said about him. If [i]that makes him the next Brett Favre or not, you can judge that, but it certainly speaks volumes for him in the "uncoachables", eh!!!

Quit putting words in my mouth!

You know, it's a laugh riot! Everyone seems irritated that Brown may in fact be very good. Why?

Meanwhile, while you and others hammer on me for suggesting, yes, based on limited showing, that Brown may be very good, you use the same "lack of showing" to indicate that he's gonna somehow suck. Well, based on the "limited showing" that we have seen, I'd sure say that anyone not at least intrigued is reacting purely on bias!

WG
07-27-2003, 08:23 PM
Besides, how did this now turn into an "I'm afraid that Bledsoe's gonna get replaced" thread???

:rolleyes:

Jan Reimers
07-28-2003, 07:40 AM
My gut feeling is that he's gone. Both sides seem luke warm on an extension. The Bills may feel that his size, coupled with the fact that he is not a playmaker, make him expendable. However, his future here probably depends in large measure on how well he plays this season, and on the emergence of Thomas and McGee.

ryven
07-28-2003, 07:46 AM
He stays he will realize that he is apart of something special.

NewYorkCity Backers
07-28-2003, 07:56 AM
I have a feeling Winfield will have a breakout year (because of the support around him this season) and his value will rise to more than what we'll want to spend next season. I predict another Peerless situation...

But I hope to God he returns.

BillsNick
07-28-2003, 08:35 AM
Resigning Winfield should be a pretty high priority, but you never know what the Bills will do. I vote to keep.