PDA

View Full Version : The Bills Should Try to Trade for Romo

Thurmal
09-26-2016, 10:59 AM
Prescott is looking pretty good for them, so they're probably ready to turn the page, Romo still wants to play, and our QB is better at running the ball than throwing it. It works for all parties. They could probably get him for like a 4th or 5th rounder.

jamze132
09-26-2016, 11:02 AM
Why? We'd just have Tyrod in there every game since Romo would be out just about every season...

justasportsfan
09-26-2016, 11:05 AM
Romo would have great chemistry with Watkins, Clay, Goodwin and the rest of the china dolls we have on team. They can play madden from the bench.

Mahdi
09-26-2016, 11:08 AM
Prescott is looking pretty good for them, so they're probably ready to turn the page, Romo still wants to play, and our QB is better at running the ball than throwing it. It works for all parties. They could probably get him for like a 4th or 5th rounder.

I thought about the same thing yesterday....

Romo if healthy can be a Rich Gannon for us. Come in late in his career in a good situation with weapons around him.

If it only costs us a 4th we should do it.

Yasgur's Farm
09-26-2016, 11:18 AM
A 36 year old QB with a broken back... Yup... Works for me.

Mr. Miyagi
09-26-2016, 11:22 AM
Why do we always want to pick up somebody else's garbage?

Romo is done. I'm shocked if he ever plays effectively again. He's made enough money, he should think about the quality of the rest of his life.

GingerP
09-26-2016, 11:37 AM
Romo is un-tradeable because the Cowboys have restructured his contract so many times. If they trade him in-season he would count for $40M in dead money. Even after this year he will count $20M in dead money.

YardRat
09-26-2016, 01:44 PM
Hell no.

OpIv37
09-26-2016, 02:06 PM
Just no.

Yeah, our QB situation is frustrating, but that's no reason to keep throwing good resources after bad. Even if Romo could stay healthy- which isn't likely- he's got maybe 2 good years left. And he's the opposite of clutch, so he would undoubtedly let us down even if he did manage to get us to the playoffs.

And in 2 years, we are going to be searching for a QB all over again.

trapezeus
09-26-2016, 02:08 PM
romo, a guy who can't win, in buffalo is a match made in heaven. I would be devastated if the bills even entertained the idea of such a trade

Night Train
09-26-2016, 02:19 PM
For the love of Brandon, he's broken glass and waaay too old.

You have got to be kidding.

C. Jones is here. Draft another next April, sign a vet and go forward.

Bill Cody
09-26-2016, 02:20 PM
Romo needs to join that league Brett Favre is in on those Copper Fit commercials

jimmifli
09-26-2016, 02:32 PM
Just no.

Yeah, our QB situation is frustrating, but that's no reason to keep throwing good resources after bad. Even if Romo could stay healthy- which isn't likely- he's got maybe 2 good years left. And he's the opposite of clutch, so he would undoubtedly let us down even if he did manage to get us to the playoffs.

And in 2 years, we are going to be searching for a QB all over again.

Fixing QB is important and worth spending resources on. Romo is pretty good, better than we've had for a long time. If we could get him for a reasonable price I'm all for that.

That doesn't mean we don't spend draft picks (I'd like a day 1 and a day 2 pick) on finding the QB of the future, assuming Tyrod doesn't live up to his tryout, we'll need a veteran to either start or backup next season.

I want them to sign free agent backups, trade for any quality QBs that are available and draft a couple, every year. Their batting average might suck, but they'd still have a better chance of getting a hit if they took more than one at bat every three years.

paladin warrior
09-26-2016, 03:00 PM
:wtf: .. Are you on High ...:smoke:

Ingtar33
09-26-2016, 03:19 PM
A 36 year old QB with a broken back... Yup... Works for me.

his 2nd broken back in 3 years.

jimmifli
09-26-2016, 03:38 PM
Still better than any QB we've had on our roster since... now I'm sad.

trapezeus
09-26-2016, 04:53 PM
this season was determined in the spring. its TT or bust. so I would rather live with that mantra and take the good and or bad from that decision. this early season hedge would be another in a long list of dubious moves that solidifies that the bills have no plan whatsoever to win. trading anything for an injury prone, old qb who doesn't have a knack for winning big games is such a bad move, it would go to the top of bad moves....which for this organization is an impressive feat. if the bills want to look at him next year as a stop gap because he got cut and they got to renegotiate his contract, then fine...let's do it for a short window. but no way we take on that contract, which is exactly what we'd have to do if we traded for him.

Arm of Harm
09-27-2016, 08:31 PM
Fixing QB is important and worth spending resources on. Romo is pretty good, better than we've had for a long time. If we could get him for a reasonable price I'm all for that.

That doesn't mean we don't spend draft picks (I'd like a day 1 and a day 2 pick) on finding the QB of the future, assuming Tyrod doesn't live up to his tryout, we'll need a veteran to either start or backup next season.

I want them to sign free agent backups, trade for any quality QBs that are available and draft a couple, every year. Their batting average might suck, but they'd still have a better chance of getting a hit if they took more than one at bat every three years.

I'll agree with the logic of your post, at least up to a point. But I disagree with your conclusion.

There are times when giving yourself a series of small chances can add up to a high percentage chance of something working. If, for example, a given QB has a 5% chance of working out, and if you draft or sign 30 such QBs over the course of several years, then there's a very strong chance you'll solve your QB problem.

However, the odds of Romo actually contributing anything meaningful to the team over the course of a number of seasons are much, much lower than 5%. Even if he has a few good games early in his Bills career, he's many times likely to be this team's next Kyle Orton or Kelly Holcomb than a real long-term solution to the QB problem. On the other hand, the Bills only have a limited number of roster spots for QBs. Better to use those spots on younger, more unknown players. Sure, most of those unknown players will not turn out to be much. But when you do finally find someone good, he'll be with your team for a long time!

Mace
09-27-2016, 08:38 PM
Bills don't want a primarily pocket passer though. If Romo keeps getting terribly damaged behind that excellent Dallas offensive line, oh it would be terrible what would happen to him here.

stuckincincy
09-27-2016, 10:07 PM
Romo is un-tradeable because the Cowboys have restructured his contract so many times. If they trade him in-season he would count for $40M in dead money. Even after this year he will count $20M in dead money.

Do you think he's hanging on for the money? That's not a knock on him.

But he's a pretty engaging personality. I suspect he might be able to get tv analyst $ or an announcing gig.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2016, 12:19 AM
Even if trading for Romo was a realistic possible, it's not, I wouldn't trade a singular kicking tee for him.

He's a choke artist, over the hill and his body has broken down.

Albany,n.y.
09-28-2016, 12:31 AM
If we're going to trade for a Cowboy QB whose career is over, I'd rather trade for Troy Aikman because he has proven he can win in the postseason.

The Jokeman
09-28-2016, 07:06 AM

Too much money for a QB that has become brittle. If we get Romo it means cutting someone or killing our cap space to prevent re-signing Gilmore etc. No thanks.

The Jokeman
09-28-2016, 07:07 AM
Even if trading for Romo was a realistic possible, it's not, I wouldn't trade a singular kicking tee for him.

He's a choke artist, over the hill and his body has broken down.

That almost sounds like a description of Jim Kelly when his career was ending.