PDA

View Full Version : Bills Shutout New England

BillsImpossible
10-02-2016, 02:55 PM
First time the Patriots have been shutout in New England.

Bills are on a roll.

coastal
10-02-2016, 02:57 PM
wow

feldspar
10-02-2016, 02:57 PM
Suck it, suckers

BillsImpossible
10-02-2016, 02:59 PM
That was impressive.

The Bills kicked their asses all over the field for 60 minutes.

Buffalogic
10-02-2016, 03:17 PM
Last 2 games against the best teams last year and bills really dominated both in every phase. Kudos to Rex and the players. That firing really banded the team together.

Skooby
10-02-2016, 03:25 PM
Can't argue with beating opponents by multiple scores.

Albany,n.y.
10-02-2016, 03:26 PM
New team pregame ritual: fight with the opponent 50 minutes before the game.

YardRat
10-02-2016, 03:27 PM
A win's a win. I'll take it.

mdcas22
10-02-2016, 03:44 PM
That was impressive.

The Bills kicked their asses all over the field for 60 minutes.

but only managed 1 Td . thats what bothers me, this offense just isn't all that and I think the QB position is holding the rest of the talent back.

Historian
10-02-2016, 03:46 PM
2-0 since I purchased my custom made Jack Kemp jersey!

Turf
10-02-2016, 04:11 PM
The offense looks like a different team. Riddance to Roman. Hey, they threw a couple slant patterns!!!!! Handed the ball off to the FB. Decided Robert Woods could catch a ball. Amazing!

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-02-2016, 04:13 PM
The offense looks like a different team. Riddance to Roman. Hey, they threw a couple slant patterns!!!!! Handed the ball off to the FB. Decided Robert Woods could catch a ball. Amazing!

And remembered they had a tight end

DynaPaul
10-02-2016, 04:16 PM
It feels good no matter what the score. Many tears in New England tonight!

feldspar
10-02-2016, 04:52 PM
Looking at the schedule, 2-2 seemed about right at the beginning of the season to me. But if you told me then that those two wins would come about by dominating the Cardinals and Patriots, I don't think I would have bought that. Those two teams were generally predicted to be the ones in the Super Bowl this year.

Lots of football left, fellas.

Oaf
10-02-2016, 05:38 PM
This one's for Paladin.

mdcas22
10-02-2016, 05:40 PM

don't want to piss on your corn flakes Turf but the offense averaged 22 points a game under Roman and are averaging 21,5 under lynn. looks can be deceiving but the win's are the difference. I think that Rex and Rob deserve credit for the defense not the offense.

Turf
10-02-2016, 05:43 PM
don't want to piss on your corn flakes Turf but the offense averaged 22 points a game under Roman and are averaging 21,5 under lynn. looks can be deceiving but the win's are the difference. I think that Rex and Rob deserve credit for the defense not the offense.

Well I hate to piss back, but no one has scored a TD in the first quarter in NE, since when?

Joe Fo Sho
10-02-2016, 06:09 PM
This offense scoring 16 points looked much better than the offense that scored 31 in Jersey.

The 2nd half we were trying to control the clock more than score points. We seemed unwilling to take almost any risk, and were still moving the ball. We could have easily blown that game with a turnover or 2 in the 2nd half. We only had one 3 and out all day. We usually have a handful or two of those against the Pats. We were balanced, 32 rushing plays and 39 passing plays, 134 rushing yards 244 passing yards.

This was probably the closest game to the actual philosophy that Rex said he wanted to run when he was hired. Ground and pound with a stingy defense.

I'm not mad about it.

feldspar
10-02-2016, 06:15 PM
Rex being a regular Head Coach now with Thurman calling the defensive plays, and Rex more dialed in to the whole picture.

tomz
10-02-2016, 06:17 PM
Agreed. Played to take the crowd out of the game. Classic road football.

jimmifli
10-02-2016, 06:36 PM
Rex being a regular Head Coach now with Thurman calling the defensive plays, and Rex more dialed in to the whole picture.

I know others didn't, but I like the declined penalty to take the three points. It wasn't an emotional decision, just good odds.

5 yards + whatever we get on third and long vs already being in field goal range. It wasn't a typical Rex bravado type of game call.

Mace
10-02-2016, 06:41 PM
This offense scoring 16 points looked much better than the offense that scored 31 in Jersey.

The 2nd half we were trying to control the clock more than score points. We seemed unwilling to take almost any risk, and were still moving the ball. We could have easily blown that game with a turnover or 2 in the 2nd half. We only had one 3 and out all day. We usually have a handful or two of those against the Pats. We were balanced, 32 rushing plays and 39 passing plays, 134 rushing yards 244 passing yards.

This was probably the closest game to the actual philosophy that Rex said he wanted to run when he was hired. Ground and pound with a stingy defense.

I'm not mad about it.

I thought it was dumb to fire Roman and I even have to admit they look much better with him gone so far. More purposeful, more variety, quicker. What a difference two weeks makes. It sure would be nice if they keep this going.

Joe Fo Sho
10-02-2016, 07:19 PM
I thought it was dumb to fire Roman and I even have to admit they look much better with him gone so far. More purposeful, more variety, quicker. What a difference two weeks makes. It sure would be nice if they keep this going.

I haven't been able to call out the play pre-snap like I could when Roman was the coordinator. That awful shotgun draw, the flippin' button hooks, out patterns, check downs on 3rd and 7...it was terrible and they used those plays/routes over and over again. The few lucky deep bombs and scrambles that led to big gains made the offense look much better on paper than they actually were. It was refreshing to see some in routes and slants. Woods seemed like he was open all day.

Last week you could tell they were getting better, this week they were even better than last. At least I thought so.

Plus, it's nice to see a well rested defense on the field once in a while.

Time of possession

Week 1 - 27:07
Week 2 - 20:48
Week 3 - 26:00
Week 4 - 36:11

This was the 1st game of the year we held the ball for longer than our opponent. I don't care about the total points on offense, we won by 16 and I think this game went exactly like Rex wanted it to go.

Tyrod just got 1 game closer to making me a believer, with a long way to go still.

Mace
10-02-2016, 07:32 PM
I haven't been able to call out the play pre-snap like I could when Roman was the coordinator. That awful shotgun draw, the flippin' button hooks, out patterns, check downs on 3rd and 7...it was terrible and they used those plays/routes over and over again. The few lucky deep bombs and scrambles that led to big gains made the offense look much better on paper than they actually were. It was refreshing to see some in routes and slants. Woods seemed like he was open all day.

Last week you could tell they were getting better, this week they were even better than last. At least I thought so.

Plus, it's nice to see a well rested defense on the field once in a while.

Time of possession

Week 1 - 27:07
Week 2 - 20:48
Week 3 - 26:00
Week 4 - 36:11

This was the 1st game of the year we held the ball for longer than our opponent. I don't care about the total points on offense, we won by 16 and I think this game went exactly like Rex wanted it to go.

Tyrod just got 1 game closer to making me a believer, with a long way to go still.

Not a thing I'll argue. They WERE better this week than last despite less points. Methodical this time, comfortable.

I really like that the defense didn't rollover to give up points at the end as well, and even the defense looks more methodical and focused.

Well it was the Pats, without Brady ? At Gillette, against Belichick, Patricia, McDaniels who wanted a win. Pats getting booed by their fans, Belichick throwing his tablet, the refs all over them...

Amazing stuff. I think I heard the announcers say no team has won with a shutout one week then lost with one the next since 1966. Oh Belichick has to be very aggravated, frosting on the cake.

Joe Fo Sho
10-02-2016, 07:40 PM
Not a thing I'll argue. They WERE better this week than last despite less points. Methodical this time, comfortable.

I really like that the defense didn't rollover to give up points at the end as well, and even the defense looks more methodical and focused.

I'm willing to bet that Rex was not going to be happy if they blew the shutout and his players knew it.

Well it was the Pats, without Brady ? At Gillette, against Belichick, Patricia, McDaniels who wanted a win. Pats getting booed by their fans, Belichick throwing his tablet, the refs all over them...

Hearing those fans booing was the greatest part about that game.

Amazing stuff. I think I heard the announcers say no team has won with a shutout one week then lost with one the next since 1966. Oh Belichick has to be very aggravated, frosting on the cake.

The Dolphins did it in 2006, they beat the Pats and lost to the Bills. Same score both games, 21-0.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Miami_Dolphins_season

psubills62
10-02-2016, 07:41 PM
I'm impressed. Really good win.

When we went up 13-0, I thought to myself that this is exactly how these things always go. Three good drives, only one TD to show for it. NE will get the ball, drive down, get a TD and make it just a 6-point lead even after all that domination. And then they got the big pass play to Bennett, and sure enough it seemed inevitable. Then Brissett fumbled and we got the ball back. And things kept going our way, we kept playing really well.

It's clear NE didn't trust Brissett to win a game. They gave up with 6 minutes left, just running the ball, taking tons of time. Didn't look at all like they wanted to win. As if they wanted to avoid any more injuries or something.

Night Train
10-02-2016, 08:35 PM
Pats fans immediately start talking about Brady in the 4th quarter, stunned that they lost. Then again, many here couldn't predict darkness at midnight.

Mace
10-02-2016, 08:40 PM
Pats fans immediately start talking about Brady in the 4th quarter, stunned that they lost. Then again, many here couldn't predict darkness at midnight.

Well, I can see why they'd be eager for Brady though.

The King
10-03-2016, 09:41 AM
Check out this week's cartoon if you haven't yet.

HHURRICANE
10-03-2016, 09:59 AM
I know others didn't, but I like the declined penalty to take the three points. It wasn't an emotional decision, just good odds.

5 yards + whatever we get on third and long vs already being in field goal range. It wasn't a typical Rex bravado type of game call.

I get why you think it was a good call. Maybe your right because if the play gets botched and it put us out of field goal range, etc.

However, if you watched the Clemson game on Saturday they could have gone into the half with the lead, a lot of momentum, plus they knew they were getting the ball to start the second half. Instead they drove the ball with a minute left and got 7 points right at the end of the half.

Final score: 42- 36. So that TD was huge and was the difference in winning that game.

The Bills playing not to lose is why we haven't been to the playoffs. Jauron, Mularkey, Marrone playing not to lose.

Jimkelly12203
10-03-2016, 10:08 AM
Agreed. Played to take the crowd out of the game. Classic road football.

This!

Every single thing we did was designed to suck the life out of the home crowd. We didn't go in there and nuke them with big plays and tons of scores, we just put them in a strangle hold and choked the life out of the entire stadium. Both are fun ways to win, but having been on the other side of both types of losses, i find the way we did it yesterday to be more disheartening for the losing team. If you get smoked right out the gates, at least you can just chock it up to a bad day for you and a good day for the opponent. This had to have been demoralizing on every level.

Jimkelly12203
10-03-2016, 10:10 AM

Agreed. We were up. They were playing bad on O we were playing great on D. I wouldn't risk the 3 points either. Especially the way Carpenter has been kicking. Take the points! It's not as fun to watch, but it's smart.

sahlensguy
10-03-2016, 10:15 AM
Take the points absolutely. The Patriots offense was one dimensions yesterday. The 3 points were big at that time.

About the shutout...I'm suprised Belichek didnt go for it on 4th down late, when the game was basically over, instead of kicking the field goal just to break the shutout.

jimmifli
10-03-2016, 11:50 AM
Take the points absolutely. The Patriots offense was one dimensions yesterday. The 3 points were big at that time.

About the shutout...I'm suprised Belichek didnt go for it on 4th down late, when the game was basically over, instead of kicking the field goal just to break the shutout.

Playing the long game. The game was over by that point.

The shutout has more motivational power next week and when they come to Buffalo.

sahlensguy
10-03-2016, 12:01 PM
Playing the long game. The game was over by that point.

The shutout has more motivational power next week and when they come to Buffalo.

I suppose. No one likes to get blanked, but they were a hobbled team. It was a two touchdown game so 3 points was meaningless, but I still question what I would do in the situation. Getting shutout by Rex at home is a steep price to pay.

sukie
10-03-2016, 12:02 PM

looks ARE deceiving... How many 3 and outs for Roman vs Lynn ? How many 3 and outs yesterday? 1?

jimmifli
10-03-2016, 12:03 PM
I get why you think it was a good call. Maybe your right because if the play gets botched and it put us out of field goal range, etc.

However, if you watched the Clemson game on Saturday they could have gone into the half with the lead, a lot of momentum, plus they knew they were getting the ball to start the second half. Instead they drove the ball with a minute left and got 7 points right at the end of the half.

Final score: 42- 36. So that TD was huge and was the difference in winning that game.

The Bills playing not to lose is why we haven't been to the playoffs. Jauron, Mularkey, Marrone playing not to lose.

We'd need 10 yards just to get back to where we were. If Tyrod throws an incompletion, it's a 44 yard FG. Imagine missing that... NE marched down the field on the next drive (fumble), but with better field position following a missed FG it's not hard to imagine a 7-7 game.

Playing to win means making decisions with the highest probability of getting points while giving your opponent the lowest probability of scoring points. It's not a dick measuring contest.

Joe Fo Sho
10-03-2016, 12:03 PM
I suppose. No one likes to get blanked, but they were a hobbled team. It was a two touchdown game so 3 points was meaningless, but I still question what I would do in the situation. Getting shutout by Rex at home is a steep price to pay.

If there's one person who believes in moral victories, it isn't Belichick.

jimmifli
10-03-2016, 12:08 PM

It'd be easy for some of them to start believing their own hype. "We're so good we can win with anybody under center", but getting shut out, at home, by the Bills, ends that thought real quick.

I don't think Bill cares much for "moral victories".

Buffalogic
10-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Not only was it a lopsided shutout, but the pats had 10 days to prep for us and we embarrassed them. We should have converted more of those FGs into touchdowns, but still quite an accomplishment.

Jaydog57
10-03-2016, 06:47 PM
Congrats on the win, always nice to see the Pats lose at home. To see them get shut out is something I haven't witnessed in 23 years. Nice job. :peace:

upstart
10-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Bills played a great game and *****ed slapped my Pats at home.

Congratulations to the Bills and their fans !

Mace
10-04-2016, 06:08 PM
Bills played a great game and *****ed slapped my Pats at home.

The best part of the Pats season is just starting next game.

I enjoyed the heck out of this game, with a grain of salt, but it surprises me how Pats fans behave on their boards. It's like getting mad at a kid for beating you at checkers while you're recovering from surgery in the hospital and railing against the 6 year old jerk and just wait until I get out of this bed punk.

If we beat them twice and they go 14-2 with a super bowl title they'll still be taking rolaids over it.

chris66
10-05-2016, 06:45 AM
The best part of the Pats season is just starting next game.

I enjoyed the heck out of this game, with a grain of salt, but it surprises me how Pats fans behave on their boards. It's like getting mad at a kid for beating you at checkers while you're recovering from surgery in the hospital and railing against the 6 year old jerk and just wait until I get out of this bed punk.

If we beat them twice and they go 14-2 with a super bowl title they'll still be taking rolaids over it.

It was a good win for the Bills, but it still doesnt change the big picture. Pats still win the division with 12 wins and Bills miss playoffs with 8- 9 wins

swiper
10-05-2016, 07:46 AM
You can bet that Brady and the Pats have October 30th circled on their calendar. I think the Bills should have it circled too. Now that they beat the Pats once without Brady, they should feel like they should go after beating them with him at QB.