PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Zach Brown

Stewie
10-02-2016, 06:38 PM
#53, da real MVP

Mace
10-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Seriously, he's been all over the place.

Crisis
10-02-2016, 07:48 PM
How much of a priority is he to get signed now? Should we try and ink him to a longer deal before he plays his way out of our price range?

Mace
10-02-2016, 07:54 PM
How much of a priority is he to get signed now? Should we try and ink him to a longer deal before he plays his way out of our price range?

I'd sure try, he looks perfect for this defense so far. Brown, Brown and Ragland looks like a good problem to have at this point.

psubills62
10-02-2016, 07:57 PM
Noticed him today, he did a really good job.

YardRat
10-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Both Zach and Alexander appear to be pretty good pick ups so far.

Mace
10-02-2016, 08:03 PM
Both Zach and Alexander appear to be pretty good pick ups so far.

Can't say enough about Alexander either. For a guy they picked up for special teams, he's in the opponent's backfield an awful lot.

Joe Fo Sho
10-02-2016, 08:07 PM

I'm a firm believer in waiting until a guy proves his worth as much as possible before signing him if we can.

Having a player that we're not sure if we can afford because he's too good is a good problem to have. Having an underperforming expensive player who we can't afford to cut is a bad problem to have. Let him prove his worth over 16 games before we get too excited.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't say enough about Alexander either. For a guy they picked up for special teams, he's in the opponent's backfield an awful lot.

Both have been great signings by Russ Brandon. Not to mention how many season tickets these two have helped us sell.

Mace
10-02-2016, 08:13 PM
Both have been great signings by Russ Brandon. Not to mention how many season tickets these two have helped us sell.

Enjoy yourself while it lasts, Fo Sho. I won't mind at all if it lasts all season, and the next one too.

Joe Fo Sho
10-02-2016, 08:16 PM
Enjoy yourself while it lasts, Fo Sho. I won't mind at all if it lasts all season, and the next one too.

For me, it's going to last as long as that thread is stickied.

Night Train
10-02-2016, 08:29 PM
Noticed him today, he did a really good job.

Then this is the first Bills game you watched this year. He's been good every game.

Mace
10-02-2016, 08:30 PM
For me, it's going to last as long as that thread is stickied.

Wish I could say I agree, but I still think the man is a woeful football voice in Pegula's ear and I don't really find 2-2 that conclusive to change my mind any time soon.

Mr. Miyagi
10-02-2016, 08:32 PM
Zach Brown played well today for sure, but it's one game. Let's see if he's consistent about it then we can talk about signing him long term.

Mace
10-02-2016, 08:35 PM
Zach Brown played well today for sure, but it's one game. Let's see if he's consistent about it then we can talk about signing him long term.

He was second in the NFL in tackles going into this game where he had 18.

Mr. Miyagi
10-02-2016, 08:39 PM
He was second in the NFL in tackles going into this game where he had 18.
At least we jump the gun for both good and bad.

0-2, season is over, fire everyone and rebuild; the guy had a good game, give him a 5 year contract.

Crisis
10-02-2016, 08:39 PM

He's looked pretty good the entire year. Today was by far his best game, though. He already was tied for 2nd in the league in tackles going into this game.

Night Train
10-02-2016, 08:40 PM

He's now been in on 52 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, 2 pass breakups and 1 sack this year...

but it's just one game...got it..

Mace
10-02-2016, 08:57 PM
At least we jump the gun for both good and bad.

0-2, season is over, fire everyone and rebuild; the guy had a good game, give him a 5 year contract.

Well, he's had a good 4 games as the pursuit 3 down LB Ryan's defense needs. 5 years is kind of overthinking it. Another one with an option is certainly reasonable.

HHURRICANE
10-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Rex Ryan= defensive guru

Mr. Miyagi
10-02-2016, 09:26 PM
He's now been in on 52 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, 2 pass breakups and 1 sack this year...

but it's just one game...got it..
I hope you all are right and he's a total stud moving forward. Just saying, it's been just 4 games. Remember how good Fitz was when we went 4-0 that year? And we jumped to give him a big contract to lock him up?

kingJofNYC
10-02-2016, 09:27 PM
You have to give credit to the defensive staff. Brown wasn't much in Tennessee, an ok cover guy and that was it, but he's impacting in the run game and playing really well. He's also going to bail out for a bigger deal next year, took a chance with us and it's paying off big time so far.

psubills62
10-02-2016, 09:31 PM
Then this is the first Bills game you watched this year. He's been good every game.
Probably the first I've watched where I pay more than fleeting attention, true.

Night Train
10-03-2016, 06:34 AM
I hope you all are right and he's a total stud moving forward. Just saying, it's been just 4 games. Remember how good Fitz was when we went 4-0 that year? And we jumped to give him a big contract to lock him up?

No. You were just saying " It's only one game ". Stand corrected.

He's not going to get any big contract.

BillsFanCupp38
10-03-2016, 07:42 AM

I say yes. The sooner the better. This dude is beast!

chernobylwraiths
10-03-2016, 11:19 AM
One of his good games was against the Jets, 8 solo 6 assisted. I really don't remember the defense playing great in that game.

Just saying, Paul Pozluzny was vilified because he made a lot of tackles, but they seemed to be 5 yards after the line of scrimmage. He played well yesterday though, against a one dimensional team.

Jimkelly12203
10-03-2016, 12:02 PM
It was a tough pill to swallow getting rid of Schwartz and his very good D (see Philly if you are wondering if it was him or our personnel). But there was never any question that Rex would eventually get his system in and working well. It wasn't the most efficient way to hire an HC knowing that Rex would be wiping out a D scheme that clearly was one of the best, but the future is looking pretty bright for the D now.

Actually thinking about grabbing the Bills D in fantasy as i'm very concerned about Carolina's (my current D) secondary after the Julio Jones show last week.