PDA

View Full Version : Ref question

trapezeus
10-02-2016, 08:09 PM
So if all the hits on jacoby brisset were not penalties, what the hell have we been getting flagged for the last 15 years when our team sneezes at Brady. League needs to answer why the blatant difference.

justasportsfan
10-02-2016, 08:19 PM
Hes not Brady. The push bu the bills would've been flagged if it were Marsha

Mr. Miyagi
10-02-2016, 08:34 PM
And when Hughes dragged him down by the jersey in the front, it would've been easily roughing the passer or facemask or whatever they make up if it was Brady.

Crisis
10-02-2016, 08:41 PM
I actually thought the game was officiated well today, other than the horrible spot on Powell's first down. They called everything both ways, and didn't call ticky tacky **** like when Brown pushed Brissett out of bounds

trapezeus
10-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Agreed. But historically these pats games have some bizarre calls. The Hughes pat of his own guy's head on 4 and 1 going for unsportsmanlike conduct comes to mind. Brisset got knocked around and never a flag. The bIlls have been so much more gentle with Brady and get flagged a lot more. So there is a big discrepancy. League should own up to it
and fankly this season it feels like the refs are letting the players play in the games I've seen.

Joe Fo Sho
10-02-2016, 08:49 PM
I actually thought the game was officiated well today, other than the horrible spot on Powell's first down. They called everything both ways, and didn't call ticky tacky **** like when Brown pushed Brissett out of bounds

I thought that was a flop. Brown barely touched him and Brisket fell over like an old lady in George Costanza's way during a fire.

Crisis
10-02-2016, 08:53 PM
Agreed. But historically these pats games have some bizarre calls. The Hughes pat of his own guy's head on 4 and 1 going for unsportsmanlike conduct comes to mind. Brisset got knocked around and never a flag. The bIlls have been so much more gentle with Brady and get flagged a lot more. So there is a big discrepancy. League should own up to it
and fankly this season it feels like the refs are letting the players play in the games I've seen.

Honestly, it's just the stigma that comes with being a big, mobile QB. Guys like Newton don't get the same flags as Manning and Brady.

But yeah, it's weird having a game where all the calls don't go the Patriots' way.

Mr. Miyagi
10-02-2016, 09:33 PM
I was just shocked that they called it fair instead of giving BS calls for the Pats like they normally do.

HHURRICANE
10-03-2016, 09:38 AM
I was just shocked that they called it fair instead of giving BS calls for the Pats like they normally do.

Fair?

You mean like ignoring concussion protocol and letting Brisset stay in the game.

yordad
10-03-2016, 10:36 AM
They called everything both ways, and didn't call ticky tacky **** like when Brown pushed Brissett out of boundsThat was really the only (non) call that stood out as wrong to me.

Buffalogic
10-03-2016, 10:38 AM
Anytime they are announcing a penalty and point to the patriots side I am shocked. I was shocked a lot yesterday.

Dr. Who
10-03-2016, 11:45 AM
Anytime they are announcing a penalty and point to the patriots side I am shocked. I was shocked a lot yesterday.

The Bills won the game fair and square, but don't you think the league sure as hell didn't want the Pats*** to go 4 - 0 with Brady sitting out?

And neither did Marcia, for that matter.

trapezeus
10-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Patriots forgot to pay their goodell dues. Hence when the refs weren't ready on 3rd and 1. I'm sure the message has been sent and the pats have paid up. Next few weeks will be business as usual.

Crisis
10-03-2016, 04:06 PM
That was really the only (non) call that stood out as wrong to me.

Brissett was still inbounds when Brown pushed him, it was a good no call.

Night Train
10-03-2016, 04:36 PM
I thought the one call on Incognito was bad. The Pat kept pushing him after the play and when Incognito barely pushed him back, out came the flag.

stuckincincy
10-03-2016, 09:01 PM

Same here. Vinovich and crew did a good job MIA@CIN. Didn't call the ticky-tack stuff if it didn't matter to the play.

In BUF@NE, neither team got a 1st down via penalty.