X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Bills Need to make a Trade

At this point the Bills WR corps is not complete. Without Sammy they don't have a player that can go up and get it on deep balls and considering TT's best quality is stretching the field this is something that will have to be addressed.

Every team we play going forward is going to play our run game even harder and crowd the short throws.

If Justin Hunter is not a player than can help then the Bills will need to find a trade partner. I don't see our offense being able to score many points unless we have a player that can stretch the field and be a redzone threat.

Maybe Vincent Jackson from TB or Allen Hurns from Jacksonville both are similar players to the WR1s on their team.
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Bills Need to make a Trade

That is exactly why they got Justin Hunter - not saying he's any good and will step right in but thats his skill set.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

We need to find a qb first that is an above average passer.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
        • Jun 2015

I would implement more looks with Gilislee in the backfield and Shady in the slot or wide. Also gotta get Clay/O'Leary involved even more than yesterday. If TT can go through his progressions and find the open guy it will be ok. If we think we're going to primary target Robert Woods for the rest of the season like we would do with Sammy we're in trouble. The primary focus has to be on spreading the ball around and getting the best playmakers (position be damned) on the field at the same time.

I know that Gilislee is our 2nd back and that he's going to be needed to spell Shady in the run game. But he's a weapon that needs to be out there with Shady as often as possible IMO.
        All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post
          I would implement more looks with Gilislee in the backfield and Shady in the slot or wide. Also gotta get Clay/O'Leary involved even more than yesterday. If TT can go through his progressions and find the open guy it will be ok. If we think we're going to primary target Robert Woods for the rest of the season like we would do with Sammy we're in trouble. The primary focus has to be on spreading the ball around and getting the best playmakers (position be damned) on the field at the same time.

I know that Gilislee is our 2nd back and that he's going to be needed to spell Shady in the run game. But he's a weapon that needs to be out there with Shady as often as possible IMO.
          I agree I just don't t think this is possible with TT. He needs to have/see open windows in order to run that type of offense.

In order to do what you are suggesting TT needs a guy who can open things up underneath. Our game plan yesterday was good enough to win against a team that couldn't do anything on offense. Once we face a team that can score and eat up more ToP we will need a better offense than that.

Comment

• sahlensguy
            • Mar 2015

We already have up two 1st round pics and a 4th for our #1 receiver. What do you propose we give up for his replacement?

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

nothing more than a 4th.

Vincent Jackson shouldn't cost too much for example...

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Salas is mending and they like him. They have 3 other WR's on the practice squad, including Dez Lewis. I honestly don't think they're too worried about WR. Right now, I don't mind Taylor looking for McCoy and Woods the most. Salas will help. Clay needs to get going more at TE.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Buffalogic
                  Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                  • Feb 2006

We need more two back sets with Shady and Gillislee. Atlanta is killing people with this set and we are very capable of doing the same.

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                    We need more two back sets with Shady and Gillislee. Atlanta is killing people with this set and we are very capable of doing the same.
                    Except Atlanta has Julio Jones keeping secondaries back, far back.

The Rams are very good at dealing with short/intermediate offenses. We will have a tough time moving the ball if we can't stretch them out a bit.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                      Except Atlanta has Julio Jones keeping secondaries back, far back.

The Rams are very good at dealing with short/intermediate offenses. We will have a tough time moving the ball if we can't stretch them out a bit.
                      Goodwin will take this role on while Sammy is out and coordinators are afraid of Goodwin. More two back sets please. And passing out of them as well.

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Goodwin will take this role on while Sammy is out and coordinators are afraid of Goodwin. More two back sets please. And passing out of them as well.
                        Goodwin? I don't think anyone is afraid of him. He's a guy who can get deep but he's not winning any battles and doesn't have the size to replicate what Sammy and Julio provide.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                          Goodwin? I don't think anyone is afraid of him. He's a guy who can get deep but he's not winning any battles and doesn't have the size to replicate what Sammy and Julio provide.
                          We know that. D coordinators don't. All they see is how he torched Revis for 90 yards.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                            Making Spirits Bright
                            • Mar 2006

We know that. D coordinators don't. All they see is how he torched Revis for 90 yards.
                            I'm sorry, are you saying that defensive coordinators don't know how below average Goodwin is? That they're not smart like us Bills fans?

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Yes but he has 4 receptions this season. One long ball is a fluke in their eyes. And again he'll never have an impact as a true deep threat, or enough to truly affect a defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X