PDA

View Full Version : I think Brissett was concussed

yordad
10-03-2016, 10:04 AM
Dude took a shot at one point in the second half were I thought he was going to be sent off to me cleared by an NFL doc. He stayed in. He actually stumbled after taking the next snap and almost fell. The announcers even mentioned it. A few commercials later than came back and showed him on the bench looking blankly ahead and blinking excessively.

The Patriots showed no signs of hurry at the end of the fourth. No hurry up. They even ran the ball. Their passes were screen passes (most at least, maybe not all). I believe he was concussed and they were simply trying to ride out the game and not have him take another shot.

Thoughts?

sahlensguy
10-03-2016, 10:08 AM
The radio feed yesterday said he had that same blank look in the 1st quarter while clenching his throwing hand. Several times they mention that they though he couldn't grip the ball for a downfield throw.

The King
10-03-2016, 10:32 AM
He looked woozy to me. Certainly thought he should at least be checked out by refs.

Buffalogic
10-03-2016, 10:34 AM
NE wasn't going to risk having Edelman play qb in a game they already had no hope of winning.

yordad
10-03-2016, 10:37 AM
NE wasn't going to risk having Edelman play qb in a game they already had no hope of winning.Exactly. So instead they risk the long term health of a young no name QB.

Buffalogic
10-03-2016, 10:39 AM
Exactly. So instead they risk the long term health of a young no name QB.
Yup. I bet they already plan to have him get surgery on that thumb so short of him dying, he was going to be out there.

HHURRICANE
10-03-2016, 10:55 AM
I already commented in another thread that it was BS that the refs didn't concussion protocol him.

Jimkelly12203
10-03-2016, 12:07 PM
I really wanted to see Edelman out there at QB because i can't stand that little **** and i wanted Jerry Hughes to end his season. But beyond that it's BS that they put Brissett's career and health in jeopardy like that.

Mr. Pink
10-03-2016, 12:32 PM
Brissett sucks. That's my thought.

chris66
10-04-2016, 09:09 AM
Dude took a shot at one point in the second half were I thought he was going to be sent off to me cleared by an NFL doc. He stayed in. He actually stumbled after taking the next snap and almost fell. The announcers even mentioned it. A few commercials later than came back and showed him on the bench looking blankly ahead and blinking excessively.

The Patriots showed no signs of hurry at the end of the fourth. No hurry up. They even ran the ball. Their passes were screen passes (most at least, maybe not all). I believe he was concussed and they were simply trying to ride out the game and not have him take another shot.

Thoughts?
Pats played like they just wanted to take their 3 wins and call it a day and get off the field with everyone one healthy especially the coaching staff

Mr. Miyagi
10-04-2016, 10:10 AM
It was obvious he wasn't right. Everyone saw it on TV, the announces saw it from their booth. I wonder why the refs didn't walk him out like they did with Tyrod on Week 3. Hopefully the league will look into this.

Pinkerton Security
10-04-2016, 10:49 AM
Pats played like they just wanted to take their 3 wins and call it a day and get off the field with everyone one healthy especially the coaching staff

exactly, but can you blame them?

chris66
10-04-2016, 11:13 AM
exactly, but can you blame them?
Not at all

stuckincincy
10-08-2016, 12:15 AM
Brissett sucks. That's my thought.

Most folks with a broken thumb suck. That's my thought.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patriots-make-roster-room-for-tom-brady-by-placing-jacoby-brissett-on-ir/

kishoph
10-09-2016, 05:26 AM
Yup. I bet they already plan to have him get surgery on that thumb so short of him dying, he was going to be out there.

It seems you're right, Brissett had surgery on the thumb Friday.

Mr. Pink
10-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Most folks with a broken thumb suck. That's my thought.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patriots-make-roster-room-for-tom-brady-by-placing-jacoby-brissett-on-ir/

It's not like he was good before the game against the Bills.