PDA

View Full Version : Some of my favorite moments from the game weren't even on the field

OpIv37
10-03-2016, 03:45 PM
-Gronk sitting on the bench by himself, watching helplessly
-Bellicheck smashing his Surface tablet
-NE "fans" leaving early once it was obvious that the Pats weren't going to win. It's extremely satisfying to see the dejected masses headed for the Gillette Stadium parking lots.

The King
10-03-2016, 03:46 PM
I am going to add the Blanton fiasco too. After seeing Robey's explanation I am all for what they did.

OpIv37
10-03-2016, 04:11 PM
I am going to add the Blanton fiasco too. After seeing Robey's explanation I am all for what they did.

Fill me in-I missed that. I had to watch the game on DVR delay late last night and I was FFWD'ing between plays. I always miss some stuff when I do that.

toto8
10-03-2016, 04:46 PM
There was a scuffle before the game between Malcolm Mitchell, Jacoby Brissett and Robert Blanton. This is what Robey said http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/10/03/nickell-robey-coleman-explains-why-bills-players-shoved-jacoby-brissett-patriots-coaches/

OpIv37
10-03-2016, 04:54 PM
Oh, I forgot one:

-Those idiots dressed like colonists who fire their muskets when the Pats score standing there with nothing to do.

Mace
10-03-2016, 05:54 PM
How about the Pats fans starting to boo them in the 1st quarter already ?

YardRat
10-03-2016, 07:04 PM
BB slamming his tablet was pure gold.

Mr. Miyagi
10-03-2016, 07:24 PM
I loved that look Brissett had sitting on the bench looking either utterly confused from his non-call concussion or just plain defeated.

bleve
10-03-2016, 08:32 PM
-Gronk sitting on the bench by himself, watching helplessly
-Bellicheck smashing his Surface tablet
-NE "fans" leaving early once it was obvious that the Pats weren't going to win. It's extremely satisfying to see the dejected masses headed for the Gillette Stadium parking lots.

This was especially pleasing to me as well - given the very definition of Patriot. We actually had a moment of silence when they showed that.

bleve
10-03-2016, 08:35 PM
Oh, I forgot one:

-Those idiots dressed like colonists who fire their muskets when the Pats score standing there with nothing to do.

Yes, another tip of the hat to the CBS crew for another classic moment in time.

The last buffalo fan
10-03-2016, 10:55 PM
where, how can I see the game, Im working in Cancun and missed the game.

Joe Fo Sho
10-04-2016, 07:12 AM
where, how can I see the game, Im working in Cancun and missed the game.

I think the only proper way to do it is to get NFL Gamepass. I'm not sure if they still are offering a 1-week free trial or not, but if they are just sign up for the free week and watch the game. I'm not sure about the country limitations, though. They might block Mexico from viewing, I don't know. Sometimes the NFL is weird about that stuff.

Skooby
10-04-2016, 07:15 AM
It's the salt from Brady's tears of him being able to do nothing while his team was physically crushed that taste the sweetest, their only loss during his absence might sting them the most.

Night Train
10-04-2016, 07:26 AM
Color Analyst Dan Fouts, basically rooting for the Pats, then expressing his disgust as the game went on. I thought it was just me but a minute into a post game conversation with my good friend, he says " Was Dan Fouts rooting for the Pats ? "

Pinkerton Security
10-04-2016, 07:57 AM
How about the Pats fans starting to boo them in the 1st quarter already ?

This to me was the ultimate show of a spoiled-rotten fan base - your 3-0 team is down in the 1st quarter against a division rival, and the fans are booing them?!?! just unfathomable!

feldspar
10-04-2016, 11:03 AM
This to me was the ultimate show of a spoiled-rotten fan base - your 3-0 team is down in the 1st quarter against a division rival, and the fans are booing them?!?! just unfathomable!

I was just about to post about the Pats fans. They were actually starting to boo after the SECOND offensive Patriots series. Spoiled rotten indeed. Hearing them wail and scream about the refs was funny too. Seemed like most of them didn't know it's NOT a pick play if the block happened a yard from the line of scrimmage, either.

Also, that video of Ben Affleck finding out the score was entertaining as well

The King
10-04-2016, 11:38 AM
The Patriots also had 3 extra days to prepare for Buffalo.

chris66
10-04-2016, 01:21 PM
The Patriots also had 3 extra days to prepare for Buffalo.
Not much you can do when your down to your rookie third string qb.

Have to remember in the Pats system the qb sets the oline protection. This was a pre season game plan. Neither the qb or receivers could deviate.

feldspar
10-04-2016, 01:49 PM

Yeah, about the only thing you can do with your rookie third string QB is skunk the Texans 27-0. Am I right, or am I right?

Rookie QBs have been playing well this year. Even Cody Kessler has been playing pretty decently, and he's a rookie third string QB who plays for the freakin' BROWNS.

Forward_Lateral
10-04-2016, 02:15 PM
My fav part is/was all of the moron Pat fans whining so bad when their team loses. F you.

chris66
10-04-2016, 02:17 PM
Yeah, about the only thing you can do with your rookie third string QB is skunk the Texans 27-0. Am I right, or am I right?

Rookie QBs have been playing well this year. Even Cody Kessler has been playing pretty decently, and he's a rookie third string QB who plays for the freakin' BROWNS.

Did you watch that game? Do you think they would have been shutout with Garrapolo playing.
There was no pre snap adjustments made. That game plan was preseason vanilla.

That game was lets take our 3 wins and get out of here uninjured. Tom will be back next week

feldspar
10-04-2016, 02:20 PM
If you really want a chuckle, watch the Belichick interview after the game. This stone-waller says NOTHING, the pansy-assed media is actually AFRAID to ask him questions. The awkward silence is so think you could cut it with a knife.

Don't take my word for it. Click the link and see for yourself:

http://www.patriots.com/video/2016/10/02/bill-belichick-102-nothing-was-good-enough-today

chris66
10-04-2016, 02:26 PM
When you have 6 superbowl wins you kind of get the benefit of the doubt

feldspar
10-04-2016, 02:31 PM

Who has six Super Bowl wins?

YardRat
10-04-2016, 05:10 PM
Who has six Super Bowl wins?

Well, it's either---

A) Patriots fans, because the majority of them were Broncos fans in 98-99 before the league pulled them out of the trash heap, or
B) Patriots fans, because inside sources have the skinny that Goodell and Kraft are working behind the scenes to overturn the two Giants losses because getting their asses handed to them both times is just so unfair.

...take your pick, they are probably both accurate to a certain point.

BertSquirtgum
10-04-2016, 09:31 PM

Have to remember in the Pats system the qb sets the oline protection. This was a pre season game plan. Neither the qb or receivers could deviate.

Shhhhhhhut up

BertSquirtgum
10-04-2016, 09:33 PM
Did you watch that game? Do you think they would have been shutout with Garrapolo playing.
There was no pre snap adjustments made. That game plan was preseason vanilla.

That game was lets take our 3 wins and get out of here uninjured. Tom will be back next week

bahahaha. Sure it was. That's why Billy was throwing his tablet.

psubills62
10-04-2016, 09:52 PM
Not much you can do with a rookie third string QB except beat a division winner by 27 in his first start after a short week. Weird that they didn't have a preseason game plan for Houston, but did after a long week preparing for Buffalo.

I guess it's only fair. Buffalo's been lulling NE into a false sense of security by using preseason game plans against them for over a decade. Good on Belichick to return the favor.

Historian
10-05-2016, 06:14 AM
The game kind of reminded me of the scene from the hockey movie Miracle, where the US takes the lead.

Herb Brooks looks over at the Russian bench and their coach is yelling frantically.

He then turns to Craig Patrick (his assistant) and says, "They don't know what to do!"

Meaning, he had never had to coach from behind before.

I saw a lot of that on Sunday. Pats were way behind with the clock running out, and they had no sense of urgency on the field, or behind the bench.

I think that's why Belichek lost it.

chris66
10-05-2016, 06:40 AM
Who has six Super Bowl wins?Belichick has 6 rings.

feldspar
10-05-2016, 10:56 AM
Belichick has 6 rings.

Rex Ryan has a Super Bowl ring then.

Rob Ryan has two.

The Ryan's have three Super Bowl rings between them. What benefit of the doubt do they get?

chris66
10-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Rex Ryan has a Super Bowl ring then.

Rob Ryan has two.

The Ryan's have three Super Bowl rings between them. What benefit of the doubt do they get?

None. If Rex gets one as an hc or dc maybe then he will get the benifit of doubt.

Lets see if Rex can get a winning streak going first.

OpIv37
10-05-2016, 12:58 PM
None. If Rex gets one as an hc or dc maybe then he will get the benifit of doubt.

Lets see if Rex can get a winning streak going first.
So Bellicheck's rings from before he was HC count, but Rex's and Rob's do not? Ok...

chris66
10-05-2016, 01:51 PM
So Bellicheck's rings from before he was HC count, but Rex's and Rob's do not? Ok...

2 as dc of the giants( gameplan in the hof). 4 as hc is a little different then 3 as lb coaches..

Joe Fo Sho
10-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Sometimes it's nice to be reminded that Patriots fans are just the worst thing ever.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Sometimes it's nice to be reminded that Patriots fans are just the worst thing ever.

fans? these people didn't exist prior to 2001. it's pathetic and annoying

Generalissimus Gibby
10-05-2016, 08:33 PM

Superbowls:

Let's see the Bears *****slapped you in XX in my second favorite superbowl.

In 2007 the Giants beat you in my favorite superbowl ever as you could not go perfect.

You also got pwnd by the Cheezits and another loss to the Giants.

So really you have the wins over LA*, Philly, Carolina, and Seattle where Carroll outsmarted himself.

*the Rams game was the first time we know of where Belichick cheated.

That' 4 wins with one that is tainted. The only team that has won six is Pittsburgh. You a Steelers fan? Bandwagoning since the seventies I guess.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-05-2016, 08:35 PM
2 as dc of the giants( gameplan in the hof). 4 as hc is a little different then 3 as lb coaches..

I still don't know why his game plan is in Canton for that game. The Giants ground game and offensive scheme that helped them hold the ball for 40+ minutes has a lot more to do with that game than Billycheat.

OpIv37
10-05-2016, 08:37 PM

Patriots "fans" do not exist. There are only Red Sox fans who do not want to sober up in October.

chris66
10-06-2016, 05:39 AM
Patriots "fans" do not exist. There are only Red Sox fans who do not want to sober up in October.
Hey we paid our dues with the likes of Hugh Millen and Scott secules. Bad ownership with Vic Kiam. Bad presidents line Stan Janikowski. Thank god those guys were only around for a few years.

chris66
10-06-2016, 05:43 AM
I still don't know why his game plan is in Canton for that game. The Giants ground game and offensive scheme that helped them hold the ball for 40+ minutes has a lot more to do with that game than Billycheat.
Its in Canton because Bellichick knew that if the let the Bills rush for 150 yds they would have a good chance to win the game.
Giants hadnt let up a 100yds on the ground all season

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-06-2016, 07:00 AM
Its in Canton because Bellichick knew that if the let the Bills rush for 150 yds they would have a good chance to win the game.
Giants hadnt let up a 100yds on the ground all season

well, if his goal was150 yards on the ground, that failed. Bills totaled 166 yards rushing that game. Once again, the Giants offense won the game, not the defense that gave up 371 yards

chris66
10-06-2016, 07:10 AM
well, if his goal was150 yards on the ground, that failed. Bills totaled 166 yards rushing that game. Once again, the Giants offense won the game, not the defense that gave up 371 yards
Read Education of a Coach by David Halberstam. There is almost an entire chapter on that year.

OpIv37
10-06-2016, 11:47 AM
Read Education of a Coach by David Halberstam. There is almost an entire chapter on that year.

Just send him the files for the audio book. We all know Patriots "fans" don't actually read.

Mouldsie
10-06-2016, 12:03 PM
I wish we had a team that was angry to lose with an injured 3rd string QB, b/c they expect to win every game.

Carry on Bills fans....

OpIv37
10-06-2016, 12:11 PM
I wish we had a team that was angry to lose with an injured 3rd string QB, b/c they expect to win every game.

Carry on Bills fans....

The only one that seemed angry to me was Bellicheck. The Pats looked resigned to defeat for most of the fourth quarter. They were only down two scores and never even went hurry-up.

chris66
10-06-2016, 12:46 PM
The only one that seemed angry to me was Bellicheck. The Pats looked resigned to defeat for most of the fourth quarter. They were only down two scores and never even went hurry-up.
My guess is the original gameplan was for Garapollo and when he couldnt go they adjusted it to Brissette.

OpIv37
10-06-2016, 01:03 PM
My guess is the original gameplan was for Garapollo and when he couldnt go they adjusted it to Brissette.

That's possible but seems un-Bellicheck-like. He knew there was a possibility Garapollo wouldn't play.

BertSquirtgum
10-06-2016, 01:59 PM

This dude has to be one of the biggest clowns on earth.

cookie G
10-06-2016, 02:24 PM
The game kind of reminded me of the scene from the hockey movie Miracle, where the US takes the lead.

Herb Brooks looks over at the Russian bench and their coach is yelling frantically.

He then turns to Craig Patrick (his assistant) and says, "They don't know what to do!"

Meaning, he had never had to coach from behind before.

I saw a lot of that on Sunday. Pats were way behind with the clock running out, and they had no sense of urgency on the field, or behind the bench.

I think that's why Belichek lost it.

I saw a different analogy from the same movie. When he threw his Surface ... my thought was, I wouldn't want to be in THAT locker room at halftime.

The way they kept shooting themselves in the foot, dumb penalties, dumb turnovers ..and by the end..they didn't look like they cared.

I was waiting for him to be standing at the tunnel after the game.

"Where are you guys going? Everyone on the line, THAT one"

Again.

feldspar
10-06-2016, 02:42 PM
That's possible but seems un-Bellicheck-like. He knew there was a possibility Garapollo wouldn't play.

Belichick had like 10 days to prepare for this game, and there is no way he wasn't aware of the prognosis of any of the QBs. He was not blindsided by any turn of events as far who could be ready and in what capacity.

If he really thought there was a possibility that Garapollo COULD play, there is no way he didn't draw up a game plan for Brissett simultaneously and from day one. Heck, I'd be shocked if he didn't have a game plan in place for Edelman as well. The man is just too methodical and thorough to not do those things. Besides that, I think any other Head Coach would plan for all contingencies, even the bad ones.

Belichick was out-coached this week, no doubt...just like Bruce Arians was out-coached the week before. It happens. Hopefully it's the start of a trend, but I'm not convicted of that yet.

Here's something you'll like as a word or caution, Opie: this is the FIFTH year in a row that the Bills have started out 2-2. They came to play prepared the past two weeks, but there is a lot of football to be played yet. We'll see.

The last buffalo fan
10-07-2016, 08:33 AM
:spit: :up:

psubills62
10-07-2016, 09:26 AM
Well now that you mention it, Belichick has been known for being blatantly unprepared and for not caring much about winning. I think winning is like 11th on his priority list on Sundays, behind "Enjoy the sunshine," "Practice smile in mirror," and "Show unbridled enthusiasm at press conference."