X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • direbills
    • Jul 2002

Bills expected to resign Karlos WIlliams

Just got a txt message about this. Very happy with this news if true!
    Last edited by direbills; 10-06-2016, 11:03 AM.
  • SeatownBillsFan21
    • Mar 2004

Re: Bills expected to resign Karlos WIlliams

Saw this too bye bye Bush

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

He's trying out tomorrow. Whether he gets signed or not is solely up to Karlos.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
        He's trying out tomorrow. Whether he gets signed or not is solely up to Karlos.
        Agreed, but Schefter is reporting on it as if the workout is a simply a foregone conclusion.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

What changed? Did he lose weight or was it an excuse just so we didn't have to carry him through the suspension?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
            What changed? Did he lose weight or was it an excuse just so we didn't have to carry him through the suspension?
            If the Steelers and Miami passed on him then it's obvious he was still overweight and had some red flags.

If we had intentions of keeping him we really took a chance by leaving him as a free agent for four weeks. My guess is that now it's over, we got lucky, and why not?

Comment

• Mouldsie
              • Aug 2012

I love giving scumbags as many chances as they need

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

That's what I don't get. We didn't need to cut him for a roster spot, you get an exemption for suspended players.

We cut Williams and took a total dead cap hit of $160K over the next two years. Now we're going to bring him back? He was only making $435K per year on his rookie deal, but the league minimum for a 1 year veteran this year is now $525K per year.

So we cut him, took a small dead cap hit, then are going to re-sign him to a bigger deal? Why not just save the money and use the roster exclusion?
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mouldsie
                  • Aug 2012

b/c we dont know what the **** we're doing and nobody knows who is in charge or what the plan is?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                    That's what I don't get. We didn't need to cut him for a roster spot, you get an exemption for suspended players.

We cut Williams and took a total dead cap hit of $160K over the next two years. Now we're going to bring him back? He was only making $435K per year on his rookie deal, but the league minimum for a 1 year veteran this year is now $525K per year.

So we cut him, took a small dead cap hit, then are going to re-sign him to a bigger deal? Why not just save the money and use the roster exclusion?
                    The only thing I can think is that they had full intentions of cutting him without resigning him down the road. Maybe they wanted to send a message? Maybe they were actually truthful when they said they cut him because he was the worst RB on the team.

If he's lost weight and is back in football shape, it might be good to get a guy who is fresh and ready to roll who knows the offense.

Either way, the series of events is pretty odd. If the worst thing that comes out of it is a $160k cap hit and a RB making $100k more than he was before, it's really not that bad.

Comment

• Ed
                      Dude
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post

Isn't there some new rule that teams have to pay a fine if they have more than one suspended player on the roster? I don't know what that fine is or any details, but I assumed that was one of the reasons that they didn't want to use the suspension exemption and chose just to cut him. But I wasn't expecting them to bring him back either.

Even if other teams he worked out for had interest, I don't think any of them would have considered signing him until his suspension was over.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

It's also interesting that he got no sniff from any other team either. There's a lot more to this story I think.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

It was cancelled, fat / troubled players need not apply. He can go play with his kid now.

Comment

• Ed
                            Dude
                            • Sep 2002

Rodak is saying that it's possible he may just be signed to the practice squad.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

It's also interesting that he got no sniff from any other team either. There's a lot more to this story I think.
                              Perhaps they are compassionately thinking along the lines of CIN...Kenny Irons, David Pollak and others...get him on the roster, then immediatly put him on PUP for several years so he qualifies for an NFL pension and the life-long medical benefits?
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                              X