PDA

View Full Version : Spikes proclaims Buffalo LB corps the best

The_Philster
07-27-2003, 08:00 PM
Takeo Spikes needed no prompting to show his enthusiasm when he arrived at his first Buffalo Bills training camp in Pittsford, N.Y.

Walking up the stairs to the team's headquarters alongside fellow starting linebackers London Fletcher and Jeff Posey, Spikes called out to a group of reporters.

"Here are the three best linebackers in the league," Spikes said. "Print it, fax it, write it, photocopy it. This is where it's at."...

more (http://bengals.enquirer.com/2003/07/27/wwwben2spike27.html)

BillsFever
07-27-2003, 08:02 PM
Read that yesterday :snicker:

The_Philster
07-27-2003, 08:06 PM
That's pretty good considering it was posted online today. ;)

BillsFever
07-27-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
That's pretty good considering it was posted online today. ;)

The Bengals website is late :snicker:

WG
07-27-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Spikes proclaims Buffalo LB corps the best

Well then, it must be true!

He wouldn't say it if it weren't. I hardly ever hear such bold talk out of NFL players/units...

:rolleyes:

WG
07-27-2003, 08:44 PM
Actually, it may very well be, but if it is, Spikes is just pattin' himself on the back!!!

:D

The_Philster
07-27-2003, 08:52 PM
I think it remains to be seen how good our LB corps is. But if the talent on paper is any indication, I'd say we're in the top few teams in the league in that department.

Turf
07-27-2003, 10:14 PM
Just stay healthy.

MDFINFAN
07-27-2003, 10:24 PM
OMG, I can't wait for the excuses if a team run the hell of the ball.

SABURZFAN
07-27-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
OMG, I can't wait for the excuses if a team run the hell of the ball.

:chuckle:

if there's anybody who knows about excuses,it's a FISH fan.

Shiny Chicken
07-27-2003, 10:36 PM
"It's all Lucas's fault!!!!"

MDFINFAN
07-27-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Chicken
"It's all Lucas's fault!!!!"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Okay, Okay,,,Okay wait.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Okay, now,,Okay, I'm having a problem getting pass your name...Okay, Okay..I'm going to respond.:rofl: :rofl: , wait I can't:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WG
07-27-2003, 11:03 PM
LOL

Too funny...

ublinkwescore
07-28-2003, 06:51 AM
Just don't come crying here when Spikes murders Ricky.

ublinkwescore
07-28-2003, 06:52 AM
Or should I say, "When Spikes busts a Ray Lewis on Ricky's @$$"?

BillsNick
07-28-2003, 11:28 AM
Spikes is an animal, period. He is just what we need, an outspoken, trash-talkin machine. I think he may be right. There are quite a few high-caliber LB corps out there, even our division, but it's got my blood going. When I read what he said, I got the chills instantly! I got a feelin that this the nucleus of what is going to be a NASTY, nasty D-FENCE. ooh there go those chills again!

Brian H
07-28-2003, 01:10 PM
Hey does anyone have any audio of that infamous quote???

MDFINFAN
07-28-2003, 01:47 PM
Remember guys, the game is played on the field, Spikes can say all he wants, but this is the AFCE, not the AFCN, He won't have it that easy in this division..Each one of our Teams have gone there and beating up on the Begals, until he proves he can stop an AFCE team, then he's all talk..

justasportsfan
07-28-2003, 01:51 PM
Remember guys, the game is played on the field, Spikes can say all he wants, but this is the AFCE, not the AFCN, He won't have it that easy in this division..Each one of our Teams have gone there and beating up on the Begals, until he proves he can stop an AFCE team, then he's all talk..

Look a tough finfan talking big about how they beat the Bengals. :snicker2:

He isn't with the bengals anymore. Didn't you get the memo?

MDFINFAN
07-28-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Look a tough finfan talking big about how they beat the Bengals. :snicker2:

He isn't with the bengals anymore. Didn't you get the memo?

I was just trying to remind him that he's in the big leagues now, we don't play that AFCN type of ball week in and week out..He'll get hurt in this league..:chuk:

Aero II
07-28-2003, 02:14 PM
I guess that Seau has got alot to prove too.

MDFINFAN
07-28-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Aero II
I guess that Seau has got alot to prove too.

Exactly, but you don't hear him saying he's the best, I think he will address that issue on the field, where the game is played and let the critic be the critics.:idea: What a novel idea huh?

clumping platelets
07-28-2003, 02:26 PM
Wheelchairs aren't allowed on the field :shakeno:

MDFINFAN
07-28-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Wheelchairs aren't allowed on the field :shakeno:

Clump you guys may have to make an acception to that rule, how else are you gonna get Sam Adams off the field, when he passes out.:banned:

cordog
07-28-2003, 02:35 PM
Yeah Seau may have been the best 10 years ago, but he's not any more. In fact, this months Playboy has their NFL preview and he is on their ALL-OVER PAID TEAM. They say "The over the hill Charger will make history being the first person to retire to Florida from San Diego." Check it out if you fish fans can stand pictures of naked girls.

justasportsfan
07-28-2003, 02:37 PM

Exactly, but you don't hear him saying he's the best, I think he will address that issue on the field, where the game is played and let the critic be the critics.:idea: What a novel idea huh?

That's because he knows they aren't the best. :unhappy: He wanted to play with last years best originally , (bucs) but they didn't have senior citizen parking spots.

MDFINFAN
07-28-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

That's because he knows they aren't the best. :unhappy: He wanted to play with last years best originally , (bucs) but they didn't have senior citizen parking spots.

Now he gets to park in your stadium and ours and gum on you twice a year...:clap:

Dozerdog
07-28-2003, 02:44 PM
I was just trying to remind him that he's in the big leagues now, we don't play that AFCN type of ball week in and week out..He'll get hurt in this league..:chuk:

I guess Cower in Pittsburgh, Coughlin In Jacksonville, The Titans, The Ravens from a year or two ago- none of them ran the ball any, eh?

If anything, it's a predominanly RUSHING division. :rolleyes:

justasportsfan
07-28-2003, 02:45 PM

Now he gets to park in your stadium and ours and gum on you twice a year...:clap:

Right beside Ralph Wilson. :D

BillsNick
07-28-2003, 02:49 PM

You're right, the game is played on the field, but all talk? Isn't everyone all talk until the season begins? I think that the AFCE is the toughest division in the pro's, I don't deny that. Forgive me if I get a little excited when a seasoned tackle machine like Spikes let's everyone know how things are gonna be.:pow:

MDFINFAN
07-28-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by BillsNick

You're right, the game is played on the field, but all talk? Isn't everyone all talk until the season begins? I think that the AFCE is the toughest division in the pro's, I don't deny that. Forgive me if I get a little excited when a seasoned tackle machine like Spikes let's everyone know how things are gonna be.:pow:

You mean, Hope to be..:D

MDFINFAN
07-28-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

I guess Cower in Pittsburgh, Coughlin In Jacksonville, The Titans, The Ravens from a year or two ago- none of them ran the ball any, eh?

If anything, it's a predominanly RUSHING division. :rolleyes:

No the Steelers passed last year, two 1000 yards receivers, The titians passed last year, RB hurt, The ravens had to pass, not a good team, Jacksonville was behind all the time and definetly passed. Go look at all the stats for those teams. When the titian Eddie George was healthy, I don't remember the Bengals stopping their running game.. But again these teams are in the AFCN, they're soft, the AFCE is just better imo.