PDA

View Full Version : Stays in the pocket when it matters most

BillsOwnAll
10-09-2016, 06:14 PM
Offense scores 3 tds defense scores ones and we get a fg. Wasn't always pretty all day but did what they had to do. Then up by 4 .. stop LA and score a Td to put he game away before the 2 minute warning. That's something we haven't seen in years.

And to add.. tyrod stays in pocket and delivers a gem to Goodwin. Haters gonna hate

Novacane
10-09-2016, 06:35 PM
Tyrod makes plays. The Hunter TD was all his scrambling too. Then he turns around and looks indecisive and inaccurate. I'm not a hater but I'm not sold on him.

BertSquirtgum
10-09-2016, 06:38 PM
Offense scores 3 tds defense scores ones and we get a fg. Wasn't always pretty all day but did what they had to do. Then up by 4 .. stop LA and score a Td to put he game away before the 2 minute warning. That's something we haven't seen in years.

And to add.. tyrod stays in pocket and delivers a gem to Goodwin. Haters gonna hate

That was a terrible pass and an amazing catch by Goodwin. Tyrod was garbage today. A good quarterback and we are sitting in our chairs relaxing all game instead of on hanging off the front screaming at the tv.

swiper
10-09-2016, 06:40 PM
He needs to stay in the pocket more. He's not the answer at QB.

Night Train
10-09-2016, 06:42 PM
We have TONS of work to do with the passing game. the running game and the D work...and that's a real good thing. It keeps us in games and we can win ugly ones like today.

No question, work to do but this ISN'T A TANK !

Joe Fo Sho
10-09-2016, 06:42 PM
It all comes down to whether or not we should pick up the option on that awful contract we gave him. Right now, my answer is that we shouldn't.

Night Train
10-09-2016, 06:48 PM
It all comes down to whether or not we should pick up the option on that awful contract we gave him. Right now, my answer is that we shouldn't.

They probably know that.

It's not awful when it gives you a quick buyout. The terms mean nothing.

Joe Fo Sho
10-09-2016, 06:53 PM
They probably know that.

It's not awful when it gives you a quick buyout. The terms mean nothing.

Except maybe we could have signed him for $8-$10 mil per year if we hadn't given him this deal. Maybe that would have been worth it for us.

What are the odds he'll resign with us if we opt out of the contract he has right now? Probably slim to none.

We're now are stuck with the option to probably overpay him, or start from scratch. What a fun position to be in.

justasportsfan
10-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Hes not a qb who will beat you if Ds **** down Shady.

Cant see the middle of the field which is why he needs to hold on to the ball longer and wait for players to get free.

Night Train
10-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Except maybe we could have signed him for $8-$10 mil per year if we hadn't given him this deal. Maybe that would have been worth it for us.

What are the odds he'll resign with us if we opt out of the contract he has right now? Probably slim to none.

We're now are stuck with the option to probably overpay him, or start from scratch. What a fun position to be in.

They like cannon arm C.Jones, who is working on his footwork. They will draft another in April. I'm hardly worried.

Meanwhile, I do hope Taylor finds something or the coaches wake up and roll him out more to create his own clear passing lane. The pocket is not his friend.

Joe Fo Sho
10-09-2016, 07:12 PM
They like cannon arm C.Jones, who is working on his footwork. They will draft another in April. I'm hardly worried.

Meanwhile, I do hope Taylor finds something or the coaches wake up and roll him out more to create his own clear passing lane. The pocket is not his friend.

Well that makes 1 of us.

Crisis
10-09-2016, 07:14 PM
The designed roll outs don't really work with him either. Our WRs are already a bad group and then you take away half of the field... no one is open.

He's good on improvised plays on the run when he's escaping the pocket, but I honestly can't think of any success we've had where we intentionally move the pocket for him. Maybe that is recency bias on my end, though.

Ingtar33
10-10-2016, 12:06 AM
I can't blame tyrod for a crappy WR corps which drops balls in their hands.

I think we're doing alright for missing Watkins. The problem is going to be next week. Next week we play one of the top offenses in the game. They're going to wreck us if we can't hang 30 on their defense.

Ingtar33
10-10-2016, 12:31 AM
ugh. thought it was raiders next week. didn't realize it was the 49'ers.

don't drink and post.

Skooby
10-10-2016, 01:13 AM

don't drink and post.

I'm like what the ..... it's all good.

stuckincincy
10-10-2016, 01:15 AM

don't drink and post.

Heh - I know all about that. :kid:

The Jokeman
10-10-2016, 07:49 AM
Hes not a qb who will beat you if Ds **** down Shady.

Cant see the middle of the field which is why he needs to hold on to the ball longer and wait for players to get free.

Tyrod is a classic game manager QB. He's good with ball security and he can make a play when needed but not 100% reliable. If the team makes the playoffs I think we keep him since he's contract really isn't paying him franchise type money. That said I'd still be scouting QBs to develop with/without Cardale that could be better than Tyrod.

Forward_Lateral
10-10-2016, 09:10 AM
Tyrod makes plays. The Hunter TD was all his scrambling too. Then he turns around and looks indecisive and inaccurate. I'm not a hater but I'm not sold on him.

This pretty much hits the nail on the head. Tyrod will make amazing plays, but then he will throw a ball 18 feet over a wide open guy's head. He's a playmaker, the jury is out on whether he can be a franchise QB or not.

Night Train
10-10-2016, 09:26 AM

don't drink and post.

I thought that was required. :up:

jamze132
10-10-2016, 09:29 AM
Be glad he's not turning the ball over. As long as he's not pulling a Tannehill, I'm good with him.