PDA

View Full Version : 49ers and Dolphins = Worst run defenses

Ed
10-10-2016, 01:05 PM
Through five weeks the 9ers and Fins currently have the worst run defenses in terms of rushing yards/game by quite a significant margin. The Bills already run the ball a lot, so I would expect a very run-heavy game plan for the offense over the next two weeks. Here's hoping for a couple monster games from Shady.

Joe Fo Sho
10-10-2016, 01:07 PM
Plus the Bills are averaging 100 more rushing yards per game this year under Lynn than they were under Roman. Good riddance.

justasportsfan
10-10-2016, 01:48 PM
Plus the Bills are averaging 100 more rushing yards per game this year under Lynn than they were under Roman. Good riddance.

yeah, it does look like Roman was getting too cute too often with play calling.

DynaPaul
10-10-2016, 03:22 PM
Both games should be W's bringing us to 5 and 2. If Rex and crew don't get it done they haven't made it yet.

YardRat
10-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Time for JW to get some carries.

swiper
10-10-2016, 05:58 PM
I really would like to sit back and enjoy watching Shady pound these two ****ty teams.

Night Train
10-10-2016, 06:28 PM
I'm more interested in watching their QB's get broken in half.

But run we will..

ParanoidAndroid
10-10-2016, 07:34 PM
Those delayed handoffs from the pistol yesterday were very Gailey-like. The Pistol is perfect for Tyrod and Shady. Miami's aggressive D-line will get carved up just like that. SF is just terrible all over.

Mace
10-10-2016, 07:41 PM
Time for JW to get some carries.

Heck with him, keep feeding Felton.

I stood up and shouted when they gave him the ball and he bruised for 6. THAT WAS FELTON. FELTON !!! He's got a 4.0 ypc on the season in two carries. He's a beast having a career year. (I seriously loved his run).

Historian
10-11-2016, 06:53 AM
Both games should be W's bringing us to 5 and 2.

Unfortunately, this is the Bills.

About the time you start penciling in W's, is when they generally play down to the level of the competition.

coastal
10-11-2016, 07:06 AM
A Leodos McMarbles fumbling a punt return type event is coming.. u just know it.

Saratoga Slim
10-11-2016, 11:18 AM
I'm nervous. It's going to take some real effort to get anything out of the Pats re-match and visiting Seattle, so we really need to be 5-2 going into those games or the feel-good momentum we have going right now will die quickly

Turf
10-11-2016, 04:21 PM
Heck with him, keep feeding Felton.

I stood up and shouted when they gave him the ball and he bruised for 6. THAT WAS FELTON. FELTON !!! He's got a 4.0 ypc on the season in two carries. He's a beast having a career year. (I seriously loved his run).

I used to love it when Gruden ran the FB Alstot on Tampa. I don't know why we don't see more of it, but I'm thrilled that our OC has done it twice.

swiper
10-11-2016, 05:13 PM
I am a perennial Dolphin hater since the early 70's, but this is silly. There are so many awful teams in the NFL it's ridiculous. The whole product is not fun to watch anymore. The owners have gotten too greedy and the commissioner is terrible.

In the 1970's when the Bills sucked, you could always enjoy Steelers vs Raiders, Rams vs Vikings, Cowboys vs. Redskins, etc, etc, etc. No more.

stuckincincy
10-11-2016, 08:31 PM
I am a perennial Dolphin hater since the early 70's, but this is silly. There are so many awful teams in the NFL it's ridiculous. The whole product is not fun to watch anymore. The owners have gotten too greedy and the commissioner is terrible.

In the 1970's when the Bills sucked, you could always enjoy Steelers vs Raiders, Rams vs Vikings, Cowboys vs. Redskins, etc, etc, etc. No more.

The only complete game I've watched is the Thurs. NYJ@BUF game. Anything else of interest -I DVR then zip through it.

As to greed - add in the players and the NFLPA, also.

Jimkelly12203
10-11-2016, 11:31 PM
Shady for president!

jamze132
10-12-2016, 10:24 AM
So if our next two opponents are going to be competitive, they'll need to keep 8+ in the box which should allow some deep passes. This is the one area I'd like for Lynn to focus on. Then you can run Shady from the spread and utilize him as he should.

Albany,n.y.
10-12-2016, 10:51 AM
Both games should be W's bringing us to 5 and 2. If Rex and crew don't get it done they haven't made it yet.

I agree on the 5-2 part. Optimism will abound all over the place. Unfortunately, the schedule gets a lot tougher & that 5-2 could easily turn into 5-5. I expect the natives to be quite restless seeing the team go from 5-2 to 5-5.