PDA

View Full Version : Taylor might see a lot more all out blitz down the road

ghz in pittsburgh
10-13-2016, 08:45 AM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/10/12/13251008/tyrod-taylor-film-breakdown-bills-vs-rams-week-5

The one thing I noticed the 2nd half is Rams doing more all out blitz, not zone blitz where Taylor could use his legs. You see some the last two plays in the article. For one, McCoy is not nearly the blocker like Thurman was (I wonder should the Bills have McCoy slip out wide as an outlet instead of asking him to block in these plays) so they can get to Taylor pretty quick consistently. For two, Taylor cannot use his legs to doge guys in this tight space. For three, in the face of pressure and people in front of him, Taylor's height and throwing mechanics are exposed.

I do give him the credit for identifying the right place to go with the football, which shows up in his stats of the low INTs. Like the authors says, he needs to improve on those throws when facing 3rd & 5 more --- that's when teams likely to do these all out blitz -- in order for the Bills offense to stay on the field longer.

elltrain22
10-13-2016, 08:46 AM
I agree they will, but I think Lynn will figure a way to attack this

Forward_Lateral
10-13-2016, 10:12 AM
Easy way to attack it. Run more screens, draws, etc.

jimmifli
10-13-2016, 11:49 AM
I'm still not convinced he can beat what Bill threw at him in NE, rush 3 or 4, cover everything deep and force him to dink and dunk all the way down the field.

He did against them, but I still don't trust that he can do it consistently. I don't think NE will be blitzing him, I think they'll be covering the deep ball and daring him to complete 70% of his passes.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-13-2016, 01:03 PM

Have you seen Taylor's swing passes lately? For whatever reason, he's not completing them this year as he did last year. A lot of throws high and hard; when he did make some good ones, the receiving guys were dropping the passes.

casdhf
10-13-2016, 01:12 PM
I thought screen passes were banned from league play?

ParanoidAndroid
10-13-2016, 03:37 PM

Yup. More pistol.

DraftBoy
10-13-2016, 03:54 PM
Beating the all out blitz is a pretty simple concept as long as Taylor can see it pre-snap. Hot route to the slant or hitch route and get the easy 5-7 yards on a three step drop. If Taylor can't do that then the Bills will have no choice but to buyout the deal at the end of this season.

Mace
10-13-2016, 07:17 PM
Beating the all out blitz is a pretty simple concept as long as Taylor can see it pre-snap. Hot route to the slant or hitch route and get the easy 5-7 yards on a three step drop. If Taylor can't do that then the Bills will have no choice but to buyout the deal at the end of this season.

O'Leary starting to show some hands is good. Two receiving TE's cures a lot of concern. Slow your man then you're open. One of them has to be.

Up to Taylor's development and reads.

Forward_Lateral
10-17-2016, 06:41 AM
If they keep running the ball at a clip of 200+ yards a game, they won't have to worry about anyone blitzing.