PDA

View Full Version : When Pittsburgh smothers Miami this weekend, will the Bills ticket prices fall ??

Skooby
10-13-2016, 03:26 PM
I'm going to the Bills @ Miami game like always, think another good thumping will force the masses to sell their tickets or will the nicer weather bring the prices up ?? The weather just broke down here for the most part, lower humidity and temps.

What do you sayeth??

The King
10-13-2016, 03:32 PM
That stadium is typically empty. I dont think there will be a major change.

YardRat
10-13-2016, 06:33 PM
This thread already has more posts in it than Dolphin fans that will be in the stadium late in the fourth quarter.

ICRockets
10-13-2016, 09:20 PM
This thread already has more posts in it than Dolphin fans that will be in the stadium late in the second quarter.

fixed

feldspar
10-15-2016, 02:02 PM
I went to Miami once to see them play Buffalo in their home opener. It was in 2006, the year they were stupid enough to go after Daunte Culpepper instead of Drew Brees. It was the Dolphin's 2nd game of the season...they had just lost @ Pittsburgh the week before, ironically.

The game was sold out, but the turn-out was beyond piss-poor. The ratio of Bills fans there should have been embarrassing to Dolphins fans. Seriously...soooo many Bills fans there. Again, this was only the 2nd game of the year and their home opener. They had just come off a winning season, too. Pathetic.

Don't know anything about ticket prices, but it seems like a lot of Dolphins "fans" just don't show up for whatever reason...and they seem to do this routinely. It's one thing to see it on TV, but another thing entirely to witness it in person.

While they are doing this badly, I'd check to find "fans" that are willing to sell their tickets online below cost for sure.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-15-2016, 06:17 PM
I went to Miami once to see them play Buffalo in their home opener. It was in 2006, the year they were stupid enough to go after Daunte Culpepper instead of Drew Brees. It was the Dolphin's 2nd game of the season...they had just lost @ Pittsburgh the week before, ironically.

The game was sold out, but the turn-out was beyond piss-poor. The ratio of Bills fans there should have been embarrassing to Dolphins fans. Seriously...soooo many Bills fans there. Again, this was only the 2nd game of the year and their home opener. They had just come off a winning season, too. Pathetic.

Don't know anything about ticket prices, but it seems like a lot of Dolphins "fans" just don't show up for whatever reason...and they seem to do this routinely. It's one thing to see it on TV, but another thing entirely to witness it in person.

While they are doing this badly, I'd check to find "fans" that are willing to sell their tickets online below cost for sure.

similar experience last year. 3rd game of the season and it was probably barely a 2 to 1 dolphin to bills fan ratio. Ironically, when my wife and I went out to eat after the game, we were eating at the same place as Karlos Williams. HA

My thought (based purely in my perceptions and not in actual numbers) it that in a city with such beautiful scenery with so much else to do and the fact that it is high population of transplants, whether it be snowbirds or immigrants from the Caribbean or south/central america that have no loyalty to that putrid team that despite the size of the city, the number of people who are 'diehards' are probably relatively small.

stuckincincy
10-15-2016, 09:56 PM
similar experience last year. 3rd game of the season and it was probably barely a 2 to 1 dolphin to bills fan ratio. Ironically, when my wife and I went out to eat after the game, we were eating at the same place as Karlos Williams. HA

My thought (based purely in my perceptions and not in actual numbers) it that in a city with such beautiful scenery with so much else to do and the fact that it is high population of transplants, whether it be snowbirds or immigrants from the Caribbean or south/central america that have no loyalty to that putrid team that despite the size of the city, the number of people who are 'diehards' are probably relatively small.

Makes perfect sense. The same has been said about San Diego.

Novacane
10-16-2016, 02:21 PM
Nice call

ckg927
10-16-2016, 03:18 PM
MMD: Would you like to say the words "Pittsburgh smothers Miami" again? With a straight face this time around?

Because, FOOL, the 'Phins won that game.

Jaydog57
10-16-2016, 07:36 PM

My thought (based purely in my perceptions and not in actual numbers) it that in a city with such beautiful scenery with so much else to do and the fact that it is high population of transplants, whether it be snowbirds or immigrants from the Caribbean or south/central america that have no loyalty to that putrid team that despite the size of the city, the number of people who are 'diehards' are probably relatively small. Very true. In fact, the majority of Dolphins fans I've met online and off over the past 30 years have all lived somewhere else than Miami. :peace:

justasportsfan
10-16-2016, 07:41 PM
Looks like MMDs sources didn't come through for him again today

Night Train
10-16-2016, 07:42 PM
Nostradumbass strikes again.

Skooby
10-16-2016, 10:13 PM
I figured the Steelers would win, I was wrong and the Bills are the new sheriff in this county.

stuckincincy
10-16-2016, 11:01 PM
I figured the Steelers would win, I was wrong and the Bills are the new sheriff in this county.

Didn't we all think PGH would slap MIA silly?

Skooby
10-17-2016, 05:25 AM

It figured. Didn't have a source for what looked likely as well, didn't know I needed one.

Skooby
10-17-2016, 05:27 AM

It figured. Didn't have a source for what looked likely as well, didn't know I needed one. ESPN had the Steelers across their board.

Skooby
10-17-2016, 05:29 AM
Looks like MMDs sources didn't come through for him again today

I wasn't the first one fooled on paper, then Ben Roth got hurt (feelings).

http://www.espn.com/nfl/picks

Jaydog57
10-17-2016, 06:05 AM
Didn't we all think PGH would slap MIA silly?After the way we've played so far this season, I sure did. I had no idea we would make Pittsburgh's run defense look so pitiful.