PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings thread - Bills ranked 5th

Skooby
10-17-2016, 09:09 PM
Buffalo has looked like one of the best teams in the NFL, when is the last time you heard that ?

http://nflspinzone.com/2016/10/17/nfl-power-rankings-2016-week-7/29/

The Beef
10-18-2016, 09:14 AM
A bit of a reach. Win vs New England or at Seattle and I'll start drinking the kool aid by the gallon.

New England, Minnesota, Seattle, Dallas and Atlanta would be my top 5.

It's a bit muddled after that Denver, Pittsburgh, Arizona, NYG, Philly, Raiders, Chiefs, Green Bay, Washington, Buffalo with Cincy lurking despite a slow start (they lost a ton of firepower on offense and need to become a run first team). All of these teams have flaws but have the talent where they could rip off 5 or 6 wins and seperate themselves.

You've got some really bad teams and or football being played in the AFC South and NFC West. Tampa hasn't made the leap and the Colts and Panthers can't win a game that they need or should. Also the Jets are ****. Ditto the Browns and Bears.

The Dolphins, Lions, Titans, Ravens and Saints are 5 flawed teams that you can't count on either way but are liable to steal some games and hang on the outside of the wild card race until they implode. The Titans by default could win their division because the AFC South is a dumpster fire but Marriota is starting to look like a guy who makes enough plays to win ugly games.

Novacane
10-18-2016, 09:27 AM
10ish is more realistic imo.

feldspar
10-18-2016, 09:38 AM
Anyone could make a power ranking list, and it doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot apart from the person who made it.

The Bills are ranked #1 in my power rankings. Ain't that sweet?

Joe Fo Sho
10-18-2016, 09:48 AM
Anyone could make a power ranking list, and it doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot apart from the person who made it.

The Bills are ranked #1 in my power rankings. Ain't that sweet?

I don't know how you can think your own personal power ranking can even come close to comparing to the highly touted nflspinzone website made by that super reputable guy everybody knows and is setup in the fantastically clickbait-like slideshow format we all have come to know and love.

Jimkelly12203
10-18-2016, 09:58 AM
I think the really encouraging thing (forget the overall power rankings) is where we look to be in the AFC.

I would say New England is clearly better than us but after that you could very reasonably argue that we are as good as anyone else in the AFC.

Pittsburgh? Ok they're potentially amazing but Ben is out for a while and they've had a propensity to put up uncharacteristic stinkers (Philly, Miami).

KC? Yeah they're in our league and we are in theirs. Oakland? We'll find out but they're not better than us by any stretch. Denver? Flawed but with a dominating defense... Houston? Please not as good as us. Indy? Garbage. Baltimore beat us but does anyone really think they're going places?

After the patriots we are arguably just as good as any other team in the AFC and that's really exciting.

And could you imagine if we beat Miami and then beat the Pats? We would clearly be the best team in the AFC if we pulled that off.

justasportsfan
10-18-2016, 10:08 AM
5th?

Impossible. The NFL is making sure they'll have 0-1 wins

:bigwave:

Ed
10-18-2016, 10:43 AM
The Bills are 8th in the latest espn rankings, and they have 80+ voters so it's not just one persons opinion. Who would have thought they'd be in the top 10 this soon after their 0-2 start?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17813507/nfl-2016-week-7-power-rankings-new-england-patriots-minnesota-vikings-seattle-seahawks

Yasgur's Farm
10-18-2016, 11:17 AM
It's simple... 5 teams are 4-2. That ranks them between 5-9 at this moment.

NFL.com has Bills at 7
ESPN... 8
FOX... 8
USA Today... 9

Solidly in top 10 is about right.

Saratoga Slim
10-18-2016, 11:23 AM
It's simple... 5 teams are 4-2. That ranks them between 5-9 at this moment.

NFL.com has Bills at 7
ESPN... 8
FOX... 8
USA Today... 9

Solidly in top 10 is about right.

Wait, so you're saying we should look at an objective means of measurement instead of opinion and outright conjecture?

Night Train
10-18-2016, 11:25 AM
How can a 4-12 team with no hope be ranked that high ????

justasportsfan
10-18-2016, 11:32 AM
ESPN just reported that LeSean McCoy just ran another touchdown—even after the game ended.

:D

ParanoidAndroid
10-18-2016, 06:31 PM
Tyrod Taylor (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/14163/tyrod-taylor) is averaging an NFL-high 2.92 seconds before passing this season, giving him plenty of time to find a depleted group of receivers.

You wonder if the number of plays he scrambles and then dumps it for a loss or no gain (and the rare bomb on a broken play) has anything to do with this. I remember Chan Gailey's pistol making our O-line look better than it really was. This is a very good run blocking O-line but he avoids a lot of would be sacks because he has a special skill.

ParanoidAndroid
10-18-2016, 06:37 PM
Also, the teams that beat us are ranked 18th and 25th. Flip a switch and we can be that bad again.

Mace
10-18-2016, 06:58 PM
I don't know how you can think your own personal power ranking can even come close to comparing to the highly touted nflspinzone website made by that super reputable guy everybody knows and is setup in the fantastically clickbait-like slideshow format we all have come to know and love.

Some of us in the know bought stock in the applicable enterprises, I own several shares of feldspar Inc. for example which gains me a tidy return on his power rankings, 3 card monte stand, and string of Burger King franchises in the northeast. Even better, my status as a shareholder gets me free napkins and straws at his 3 card monte stand.