PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to pilfer near the trade deadline

Skooby
10-18-2016, 03:05 AM
Who would you like to pilfer off a losing team ??? Sammy isn't going to be much help so maybe a Brandon Marshall type WR ?

X-Era
10-18-2016, 06:13 AM
Dez Bryant

:couch:

Jaybird
10-18-2016, 06:36 AM
Michael Floyd? He is losing playing time to some of the other wr and is a free agent at the end of the year a late round pick could do it

GreedoII
10-18-2016, 06:41 AM
Whaley looking more and more stupid with the Sammy move....just can't see them saving face and dumping him...

Buffalogic
10-18-2016, 07:51 AM
A WR would be great. Floyd is a smart suggestion.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-18-2016, 08:34 AM
I've mentioned him before but Marquise Lee is buried behind two great wideouts in Jacksonville and we have his old college partner in Woods here.

Pinkerton Security
10-18-2016, 08:36 AM
Whaley looking more and more stupid with the Sammy move....just can't see them saving face and dumping him...

why would they "dump" sammy? Are you implying that they should cut him?

GreedoII
10-18-2016, 08:49 AM
why would they "dump" sammy? Are you implying that they should cut him?

no...saying if they decide not sign him or look to trade it would....bu they won't because it makes them look bad. That's how it works. Trying not to look bad....

Joe Fo Sho
10-18-2016, 08:58 AM
no...saying if they decide not sign him or look to trade it would....bu they won't because it makes them look bad. That's how it works. Trying not to look bad....

Not to mention how bad of a football decision it would be.

Turf
10-18-2016, 09:08 AM
We really need to try and get a WR, because at the very least if Woods goes down, we're screwed.

casdhf
10-18-2016, 10:10 AM
Josh Gordon

justasportsfan
10-18-2016, 10:13 AM
we need a 8 foot receiver so Tyrod can see him.

trapezeus
10-18-2016, 01:44 PM
football just doesn't lend itself well to trades. that kind of "look to the future" trade for a nother team in mid October would be odd in the NFL. in the NHL it works because the deadline is far back enough that teams know what has happened and looking to the future. if an nfl team did that, it would really break with the norm. the only team who seems to be looking to lose is Cleveland. but they actually have some hope. if they wanted to cement the #1 pick and pile up picks, they could trade prior who looks like a beast for more picks and maybe Sammy. but do the bills feel that confident that they are on the right path to take that levered bet? I don't.

Mr. Miyagi
10-18-2016, 07:19 PM

Totally disagreed. Sammy is a stud when he's on the field. Is it his fault or worse yet Whaley's fault that he's injured? What, Beckham the Clown couldn't get injured? Mike Evans walks on water?

Mace
10-18-2016, 07:53 PM
Who would you like to pilfer off a losing team ??? Sammy isn't going to be much help so maybe a Brandon Marshall type WR ?

They wouldn't really use him, they don't intend to be a gunslinging team. For the first year in a long time, with everything working as intended, I don't see any potential improvements who shouldn't be backups, no one is worth the price.

O-line has chemistry, they're performing as desired.
DB's are doing dandy. LB's even more so. D-line is doing fine, Lawson, Dareus coming back.
O'Leary is contributing at TE, even Groy at OL, Felton, Gillislee doing their work well.
Woods, Hunter, Goodwin, Powell are doing fine holding down the fort, probably made the offense more efficient being without Watkins for the moment.

I'd stand pat for once.

They aren't going to win shootouts, the defense isn't meant for there to be any. I wouldn't spend any picks or vets, don't see enough to gain atm.

Goobylal
10-19-2016, 08:33 AM
A WR definitely. Even if you don't use him, you force defenses to have to account for him and take focus off somewhere else. It's not like TT can't throw the ball at all.

Jimkelly12203
10-19-2016, 09:46 AM
Josh Gordon

Not a bad idea in terms of upside vs. current cost to obtain. He's a mess though no doubt!

I would like to see us make a big move like going after Alshon Jeffrey. CHI sucks i think he's in a contract year. Would be a nice 10 game bump to the WR corps. He'll i'd probably trade them Watkins for Jeffrey straight up if i knew we'd get Jeffrey signed to a reasonable deal.

Goobylal
10-19-2016, 10:39 AM
A few weeks ago I would have said "Josh Gordon." But IIRC, he's still in rehab.

psubills62
10-19-2016, 10:55 AM
Not that he's going to solve all of our problems, but could we sign Roddy White?

I think the list of teams who are ready to throw in the towel for the future is very small.

Goobylal
10-19-2016, 11:14 AM
Not that he's going to solve all of our problems, but could we sign Roddy White?

I think the list of teams who are ready to throw in the towel for the future is very small.

Roddy White? He was finished years ago.

Forward_Lateral
10-19-2016, 12:28 PM
we need a 8 foot receiver so Tyrod can see him.

lol This made me spit my coffee out

Victor7
10-19-2016, 12:28 PM
A WR for sure.

Someone in another board mentioned Alshon Jeffery from Da Bears.

Wonder what it would cost to get him. Seems like a good idea. Also on board with some of the previous post suggestions like Floyd or Lee.

No to Josh Gordon even if it costs a used condom.

Forward_Lateral
10-19-2016, 12:29 PM
To answer the question of the OP:

Nobody. The team will go as far as the Defense and Tyrod will take them. There's no sense wasting money and/or draft picks on a WR that won't be used.

The last buffalo fan
10-19-2016, 12:55 PM
To answer the question of the OP:

Nobody. The team will go as far as the Defense and Tyrod will take them. There's no sense wasting money and/or draft picks on a WR that won't be used.

Please don't let your daddy to use this website any more.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-19-2016, 01:02 PM
Philip rivers obviously ... lol

ICRockets
10-20-2016, 12:40 AM
Jamaal Charles for a 4th round pick.

Mouldsie
10-20-2016, 01:39 AM
IDK about the deadline but I were a GM I'd be putting in calls for these guys at some point in my tenure:
Josh Gordon, Jeff Janis, Cordarelle Patterson, Mycole Pruitt, DJ Foster, Moritz Boehringer (practice squad), Jaelen Strong

Get some mismatches/physical freaks and scheme/coach em up. Just like the Patriots did with Eric Rowe (and Phins with Alonso).

Alshon Jeffrey might be the best answer for this thread premise.

Forward_Lateral
10-20-2016, 05:19 AM
I think Justin Hunter is going to end up being a huge steal. If someone can take him under their wing and keep his head right, he has the size to be a beast.

YardRat
10-20-2016, 09:36 AM
I don't expect a deal to go down, but if one did WR is a logical spot, and guys like Jeffrey, Lee and Marshall would be good targets.