IS THE DEFENSE AS GOOD AS MOST THINK?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdcas22
    the mouth of the south
    • Aug 2015

IS THE DEFENSE AS GOOD AS MOST THINK?????

the NY jets best offensive out put was against the bills with 493 total yard, the Rams 2nd best out put was against the Bills with 345 total today Miami had over 400 yards and was there 2nd best out put all against the Bills, and New England's worst out put was against the bills with 277 total yard without a QB. so what I'm saying is this defense isn't all that but because of the play of Alexander we somehow think its awesome. It will be interesting to see the defense with Dareus and Shaq at full speed to see if we truly have improved. The offense is a group that must be successful running the ball or we have no chance, I think after the next 4 games there will be a lot of fan's calling for big changes.
  • kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

Re: IS THE DEFENSE AS GOOD AS MOST THINK?????

I don't think they're great, but they aren't dog ****, probably average to above average. Honestly outside of Hughes/Lorenzo and flashes from Kyle, our DL hasn't been consistent enough. Zach Brown has played extremely well, but I'm still not a huge Preston Brown fan in pass coverage. Our secondary has been up and down, they played pretty well last year, but not consistent this year.

Rewatching the game and if P.Brown moved better we should have picked off Tanny early in the game but instead Miami completed a third and long. We need some more speed, and better depth up front. Aaron Williams is always hurt, we need to upgrade at safety, he makes way too much for what he is.
    Last edited by kingJofNYC; 10-23-2016, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• mdcas22
      the mouth of the south
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
      I don't think they're great, but they aren't dog ****, probably average to above average. Honestly outside of Hughes/Lorenzo and flashes from Kyle, our DL hasn't been consistent enough. Zach Brown has played extremely well, but I'm still not a huge Preston Brown fan in pass coverage. Our secondary has been up and down, they played pretty well last year, but not consistent this year.

Rewatching the game and if P.Brown moved better we should have picked off Tanny early in the game but instead Miami completed a third and long. We need some more speed, and better depth up front. Aaron Williams is always hurt, we need to upgrade at safety, he makes way too much for what he is.
      hopefully they resign Brown before next year, thank god the special teams plays well.

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Too early to say. They held up better than expected without Shaq being a factor (kid looks like he has some game ahead), without Dareus, and with Adolphus learning the ropes.

Adolphus will only improve from what I see so far, Dareus is on the horizon, and Shaq is back to use. If they lose A. Williams it will hurt, but the others will help.

I really dislike Ryans and their version of defense by now, so it's not like I'm their suzy sunshine, but I think they can get better, at least against most teams. I get the idea they're at the phase now that they should have been at (with the right players) after game 7 last year.

Will know more after Bradypats, Seattle, Cinci, Oakland and Pittsburgh.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

They are average. They got shredded by Fitz. They beat 3 QBs who aren't NFL starting caliber. They will be embarassed by Tom Brady.

Comment

• Mace
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
            They are average. They got shredded by Fitz. They beat 3 QBs who aren't NFL starting caliber. They will be embarassed by Tom Brady.
            It's probably likely, but what gives me some hope is how Ryan's deficient system without players in roles was all over Brady in the 2nd game last year.

Brady is Rex Ryan's Moby Dick.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

It's as good as I think it is, but that isn't saying much. However, I will admit in 5 out of the seven games the D has played better than average, today is simply a matter of nobody stepping up to make a play.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Buffalogic
                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                • Feb 2006

We punted too much. They were on the field too long. Out of gas by the 4th quarter. Offense didn't have the juice to string together enough first downs. We shouldn't have abandoned the run.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                  We punted too much. They were on the field too long. Out of gas by the 4th quarter. Offense didn't have the juice to string together enough first downs. We shouldn't have abandoned the run.

All true. The run D was getting gashed right from the opening drive though. Tannehill stinks. Its a shame the D couldn't make him beat us cause he wouldn't have.

Comment

• Crisis
                    • Aug 2004

I think this defense could really use a play maker at safety. Graham and Aaron are both mediocre, and Aaron is always hurt. I don't like any of their backups, either. Corners are solid for the most part but they've been down this year.

The DL has been inconsistent but Dareus coming back should fix that, hopefully. Otherwise that's a waste of 100 mil.
                    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                    Vanek is Austrian not European
                    Originally posted by Prov401
                    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                    Originally posted by better days
                    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Mace
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
                      I think this defense could really use a play maker at safety.
                      I just hope they don't look to Ballhawk Jairus Byrd, who Rob was in favor of in NO, and has been removed as a starter.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Its a better version of Dick Jaurons bend dont break. Today they broke.

It isnt good enough to overcome our play not.to lose offense vs good passing offenses.

We shall see soon enough vs. Bradys passing offense.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

The defense needs Dareus and Shaq Lawson. Manny Lawson, Corbin Bryant, Jerel Worthy are relief pitchers, not starters.

Moreover those two coming in and contributing will raise the game of Kyle Williams & Washington and all the LBs. If the front 7 can put more pressure on the passer, then it takes off our Aaron William-less secondary.

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

Thats why they cut Manny Lawson

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • May 2009

Swiss Cheese

Comment

Working...
                              X