PDA

View Full Version : IS THE DEFENSE AS GOOD AS MOST THINK?????

mdcas22
10-23-2016, 05:53 PM
the NY jets best offensive out put was against the bills with 493 total yard, the Rams 2nd best out put was against the Bills with 345 total today Miami had over 400 yards and was there 2nd best out put all against the Bills, and New England's worst out put was against the bills with 277 total yard without a QB. so what I'm saying is this defense isn't all that but because of the play of Alexander we somehow think its awesome. It will be interesting to see the defense with Dareus and Shaq at full speed to see if we truly have improved. The offense is a group that must be successful running the ball or we have no chance, I think after the next 4 games there will be a lot of fan's calling for big changes.

kingJofNYC
10-23-2016, 06:01 PM
I don't think they're great, but they aren't dog ****, probably average to above average. Honestly outside of Hughes/Lorenzo and flashes from Kyle, our DL hasn't been consistent enough. Zach Brown has played extremely well, but I'm still not a huge Preston Brown fan in pass coverage. Our secondary has been up and down, they played pretty well last year, but not consistent this year.

Rewatching the game and if P.Brown moved better we should have picked off Tanny early in the game but instead Miami completed a third and long. We need some more speed, and better depth up front. Aaron Williams is always hurt, we need to upgrade at safety, he makes way too much for what he is.

mdcas22
10-23-2016, 06:04 PM
I don't think they're great, but they aren't dog ****, probably average to above average. Honestly outside of Hughes/Lorenzo and flashes from Kyle, our DL hasn't been consistent enough. Zach Brown has played extremely well, but I'm still not a huge Preston Brown fan in pass coverage. Our secondary has been up and down, they played pretty well last year, but not consistent this year.

Rewatching the game and if P.Brown moved better we should have picked off Tanny early in the game but instead Miami completed a third and long. We need some more speed, and better depth up front. Aaron Williams is always hurt, we need to upgrade at safety, he makes way too much for what he is.

hopefully they resign Brown before next year, thank god the special teams plays well.

Mace
10-23-2016, 06:16 PM
Too early to say. They held up better than expected without Shaq being a factor (kid looks like he has some game ahead), without Dareus, and with Adolphus learning the ropes.

Adolphus will only improve from what I see so far, Dareus is on the horizon, and Shaq is back to use. If they lose A. Williams it will hurt, but the others will help.

I really dislike Ryans and their version of defense by now, so it's not like I'm their suzy sunshine, but I think they can get better, at least against most teams. I get the idea they're at the phase now that they should have been at (with the right players) after game 7 last year.

Will know more after Bradypats, Seattle, Cinci, Oakland and Pittsburgh.

Novacane
10-23-2016, 06:18 PM
They are average. They got shredded by Fitz. They beat 3 QBs who aren't NFL starting caliber. They will be embarassed by Tom Brady.

Mace
10-23-2016, 06:20 PM
They are average. They got shredded by Fitz. They beat 3 QBs who aren't NFL starting caliber. They will be embarassed by Tom Brady.

It's probably likely, but what gives me some hope is how Ryan's deficient system without players in roles was all over Brady in the 2nd game last year.

Brady is Rex Ryan's Moby Dick.

YardRat
10-23-2016, 06:45 PM
It's as good as I think it is, but that isn't saying much. However, I will admit in 5 out of the seven games the D has played better than average, today is simply a matter of nobody stepping up to make a play.

Buffalogic
10-23-2016, 06:48 PM
We punted too much. They were on the field too long. Out of gas by the 4th quarter. Offense didn't have the juice to string together enough first downs. We shouldn't have abandoned the run.

Novacane
10-23-2016, 07:10 PM
We punted too much. They were on the field too long. Out of gas by the 4th quarter. Offense didn't have the juice to string together enough first downs. We shouldn't have abandoned the run.

All true. The run D was getting gashed right from the opening drive though. Tannehill stinks. Its a shame the D couldn't make him beat us cause he wouldn't have.

Crisis
10-23-2016, 07:11 PM
I think this defense could really use a play maker at safety. Graham and Aaron are both mediocre, and Aaron is always hurt. I don't like any of their backups, either. Corners are solid for the most part but they've been down this year.

The DL has been inconsistent but Dareus coming back should fix that, hopefully. Otherwise that's a waste of 100 mil.

Mace
10-23-2016, 07:33 PM
I think this defense could really use a play maker at safety.

I just hope they don't look to Ballhawk Jairus Byrd, who Rob was in favor of in NO, and has been removed as a starter.

justasportsfan
10-23-2016, 08:07 PM
Its a better version of Dick Jaurons bend dont break. Today they broke.

It isnt good enough to overcome our play not.to lose offense vs good passing offenses.

We shall see soon enough vs. Bradys passing offense.

swiper
10-23-2016, 08:10 PM
The defense needs Dareus and Shaq Lawson. Manny Lawson, Corbin Bryant, Jerel Worthy are relief pitchers, not starters.

Moreover those two coming in and contributing will raise the game of Kyle Williams & Washington and all the LBs. If the front 7 can put more pressure on the passer, then it takes off our Aaron William-less secondary.

Novacane
10-23-2016, 08:26 PM
Thats why they cut Manny Lawson

BertSquirtgum
10-23-2016, 09:18 PM
Swiss Cheese

SpikedLemonade
10-23-2016, 10:51 PM
The middle of the DL is crap.

We knew the middle LBs were crap or developing so they needed strong play in front of them.

They ain't getting that.

I expect the game plan to beat us is now well know -- run run run between the tackles on the Bills.

Historian
10-24-2016, 09:00 AM
The middle of the DL is crap.

We knew the middle LBs were crap or developing so they needed strong play in front of them.

They ain't getting that.

I expect the game plan to beat us is now well know -- run run run between the tackles on the Bills.

Exactly.

Our LB play has been excellent.

Unfortunately, in this defense, those corners are out on an island, and if there is no pass rush, they get the brunt of the blame.

Kyle Williams can't do it all by himself.

justasportsfan
10-24-2016, 12:11 PM
Our D is really good...when we're playing back ups!

YardRat
10-24-2016, 01:54 PM
Exactly.

Our LB play has been excellent.

Unfortunately, in this defense, those corners are out on an island, and if there is no pass rush, they get the brunt of the blame.

Kyle Williams can't do it all by himself.I agree, but it's not exactly in a corner's wheelhouse to stop a halfback from rumbling for 200+ yards.

Victor7
10-24-2016, 02:15 PM
I think this defense could really use a play maker at safety. Graham and Aaron are both mediocre, and Aaron is always hurt. I don't like any of their backups, either. Corners are solid for the most part but they've been down this year.

The DL has been inconsistent but Dareus coming back should fix that, hopefully. Otherwise that's a waste of 100 mil.

Wrong.

William is not mediocre. Quite the opposite. When he went out it became noticeable. He is however quite fragile.

Graham is indeed very average.