PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else find it ironic that the 2 teams we swept last year already beat us?

Skooby
10-26-2016, 03:50 AM
We'd be 5-1 now if we just held the line like last season, which is odd. The Jets' crashed after beating us, let's hope Miami does likewise.

YardRat
10-26-2016, 05:47 AM
Is it equally ironic that we've already beaten the team that swept us?

Joe Fo Sho
10-26-2016, 07:32 AM
*6-1

sukie
10-26-2016, 08:26 AM
What is ironic is the fact that last year we swept 2 division teams and finished with a crappy record

The Beef
10-26-2016, 09:09 AM
Not ironic that's how division games go.

The worst part is all 3 losses were winnable. If the offense does anything in Week 1 we win.

As bad as the Jets game was, the Bills took the lead on the NRC fumble recovery TD in the 3rd.

Had the lead going into the 4th vs Miami.

As bad as the pass D was vs the Jets and the run D vs the Phish, the offense was pretty much garbage in all 3 losses. Too many shoet drives and 3 and outs leaving the defense out to dry. Even the bomb to Goodwin last week did the defense no favors. Granted they need to step up, but they're out their getting gassed and have to get right back on the field.

Buffalogic
10-26-2016, 10:13 AM
We've lost 3 games by 6 points or less. All to AFC teams.

For some reason over the past few years we are struggling in the AFC while dominating the NFC. We need to play better in these conference games.

Tyrod needs to be better in the 4th quarter. He's been pretty great otherwise, but the wheels come off in the 4th quarter far too often.

jamze132
10-26-2016, 10:25 AM
Even if we start winning again, our ****ty AFC record will bite us in the ass in the end.

Victor7
10-26-2016, 10:36 AM
Not ironic at all. Wrote before the season started that we weren't going to continue to sweep the Jets and Fish forever. At some point they were both going to take on from us. It was just a matter of time. There you have it.

I find it ironic (actually depressing) that all 3 of our losses this year have been to teams that are currently sporting losing records. What does that say about us ?

streetkings01
10-26-2016, 12:54 PM
Not ironic at all. Wrote before the season started that we weren't going to continue to sweep the Jets and Fish forever. At some point they were both going to take on from us. It was just a matter of time. There you have it.

I find it ironic (actually depressing) that all 3 of our losses this year have been to teams that are currently sporting losing records. What does that say about us ?Says nothing about us says more about the league as a whole. Any team can beat any team unless your the Browns or Patriots.

feldspar
10-26-2016, 01:21 PM
So far we've either won games by dominating teams, or lost games by one score. No in-between.

Of course, you all already know this.

Wish we could win the close ones.

trapezeus
10-26-2016, 02:14 PM
this bills team isn't built to be reliable. good teams will stop our run game eventually and TT hasn't shown enough development to be relied on. if you have WR/TE injuries, it's gonna be that much worse. but he is dynamic as a runner and he does take shots down field and routinely makes those work for us. I'd feel better about TT if he could have consistency in drives and knew how to take the 3rd quarter and build on the lead instead of asking others to bail him out. I

was very frustrated vs Miami. when we went down 4, I knew he'd go 3 and out and I knew he'd make it close when the game was out of hand. that is somewhat useless. you want to have some ability to think he can bring your team back from behind.

stuckincincy
10-26-2016, 02:17 PM
We'd be 5-1 now if we just held the line like last season, which is odd. The Jets' crashed after beating us, let's hope Miami does likewise.

Is there a 16-year statute of limitations on irony?