TBN : Long term concern for Aaron Williams...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

TBN : Long term concern for Aaron Williams...

Not that it wasn't obvious.

Asked if it was possible Williams could miss extended time this season, Ryan said, “You guys can figure that out. I think we all know the answer."

The next question, then, is if Williams is mulling retirement. He hasn't spoken to media since the injury.
  • feldspar
    • Mar 2007

Re: TBN : Long term concern for Aaron Williams...

****ing Landry Jones. He'll always only be the guy who made this incredibly cheap shot to me...if he wins the Nobel Peace Prize, I'll still define him by this.

And of all the freakin' guys to do this to...Aaron Williams? After what he's already been through in the past year? Absolutely unreal.

Comment

• Crisis
      • Aug 2004

I hope for his sake he considers retirement. I like him as a player and love him for how he's embraced being a Buffalo Bill, but I don't want to be reading about his health problems 10 years from now.
      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
      Vanek is Austrian not European
      Originally posted by Prov401
      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
      Originally posted by better days
      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I would have retired Monday AM.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Being an old fart, I've seen it before. Robert James was the best CB in the NFL when he shredded his knee and was done at 27. Derrick Burroughs was a top CB and suffered a bad neck injury and was done. If there is any doubt from the Doctors point of view, walk away....while you still can.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Burroughs is one of my all-time favorites. Just got to 'lock down' when he was injured.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
              ****ing Landry Jones. He'll always only be the guy who made this incredibly cheap shot to me...if he wins the Nobel Peace Prize, I'll still define him by this.

And of all the freakin' guys to do this to...Aaron Williams? After what he's already been through in the past year? Absolutely unreal.
              Have a feeling it was a matter of time though, same as Karlos Williams will get concussed again, same as Shady will be bothered by a hamstring.

No excuse for Landry's hit, but Aaron might want to walk away at this point.

Comment

• feldspar
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                Have a feeling it was a matter of time though, same as Karlos Williams will get concussed again, same as Shady will be bothered by a hamstring.

No excuse for Landry's hit, but Aaron might want to walk away at this point.
                Disagree.

It wasn't a matter of time. Most guys can play forever and NEVER get a shot like that with no chance to react, cheap and dirty or not.

****ing Landry Jones...
                Last edited by feldspar; 10-27-2016, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Mace
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                  Disagree.

It wasn't a matter of time. Most guys can play forever and NEVER get a shot like that with no chance to react, cheap and dirty or not.

****ing Landry Jones...
                  You can disagree and that's fine, but Williams already had a nearly catastrophic collision in his resume and he wasn't going to make it far as a safety without more of them ahead, either giving or receiving. Most guys didn't have a 50/50 shot of ever playing again after last year, and it was Williams who said that.

Comment

• feldspar
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                    You can disagree and that's fine, but Williams already had a nearly catastrophic collision in his resume and he wasn't going to make it far as a safety without more of them ahead, either giving or receiving. Most guys didn't have a 50/50 shot of ever playing again after last year, and it was Williams who said that.
                    So you are saying that it's only at matter of time before lightening strikes twice in the same place, or that the same type freak accident should happen to the same person...even though this time it clearly was no accident?

Sounds like where you are going with this.

Aaron Williams was back, and he was just another player before this viscous unnecessary hit. That hit alone could **** somebody's career up for good. Still hope he's OK, and it wasn't as bad as it looked. But this has got to do some **** to his confidence at the very least, I'd say.

****ing Landry Jones...

BTW, I bet you are a huge fan of the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" series. Seems to be right up your alley. I'm reading it again now. Read the five books if you haven't...
                    Last edited by feldspar; 10-27-2016, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                      • Sep 2009

Hope he retires, not worth it, take the money you've made and call it a day, do something else.

Comment

• Topas
                        German smartass
                        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        Burroughs is one of my all-time favorites. Just got to 'lock down' when he was injured.
                        did some research. wow.

It is a common feeling that I am embarrassed to be a Bills fan. But usually this is because the tem sucks.
                        This is way more embarassing.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Topas View Post
                          did some research. wow.

It is a common feeling that I am embarrassed to be a Bills fan. But usually this is because the tem sucks.
                          This is way more embarassing.
                          Ralph is dead.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                            Being an old fart, I've seen it before. Robert James was the best CB in the NFL when he shredded his knee and was done at 27. Derrick Burroughs was a top CB and suffered a bad neck injury and was done. If there is any doubt from the Doctors point of view, walk away....while you still can.
                            I think there's a difference here though. Injuries like that are part of sports and always will be. The Nationals have a great catcher named Wilson Ramos, but at the end of the regular season, he jumped to catch a high throw to the plate, landed awkwardly and shredded his knee. He may never be able to catch again. It sucks, but it's reality and it's even more common in contact sports like football.

The difference is that Williams is out due to a cheap shot. it was intentional and there was no reason for it.

The only way to make it stop is to make the offender sit until the victim can play again, and if the victim is forced to retire, it's a one year mandated vacation.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

The difference is that Williams is out due to a cheap shot. it was intentional and there was no reason for it.

The only way to make it stop is to make the offender sit until the victim can play again, and if the victim is forced to retire, it's a one year mandated vacation.
                              I'd be all for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X