PDA

View Full Version : Gilmore is pathetic

Buffalogic
10-30-2016, 12:33 PM
What a bum. Getting worked by Chris hogan.

justasportsfan
10-30-2016, 12:34 PM
Or maybe Hogan is better than everyone thought.

YardRat
10-30-2016, 12:35 PM
Anybody that can't cover Chris ****ing Hogan on a deep ball shouldn't be looking for a pay day.

ParanoidAndroid
10-30-2016, 12:37 PM
He looks in the backfield instead of running with his man and then whines he had no safety help.

YardRat
10-30-2016, 12:38 PM
All together now..."REGGIE BUSH SUCKS!"

justasportsfan
10-30-2016, 12:38 PM
Hogan has better numbers than Woods and Watkins combined . Weve had crappy coaches and qbs who didnt know how to use him

Mace
10-30-2016, 12:40 PM
Hogan has better numbers than Woods and Watkins combined . Weve had crappy coaches and qbs who didnt know how to use him

Not real sure you couldn't give NE any of our receivers and have it turn out that way.

Well, except for Scott Chandler (snicker snicker).

justasportsfan
10-30-2016, 12:51 PM
Not real sure you couldn't give NE any of our receivers and have it turn out that way.

Well, except for Scott Chandler (snicker snicker).

9 out of 10.

Crisis
10-30-2016, 12:58 PM

Yeah he's out producing two hurt guys. He's putting up a little better than the same #s he did in Buffalo with a HOF QB.

Mr. Cynical
10-30-2016, 01:13 PM
Agreed. Gilmore is a Girl.

justasportsfan
10-30-2016, 01:19 PM
Yeah he's out producing two hurt guys. He's putting up a little better than the same #s he did in Buffalo with a HOF QB.

Which is my point. He wasnt a bad receiver. He just needed a qb and good coach. Our 2 hurt receivers would be better with Brady as well.

SpikedLemonade
10-30-2016, 01:27 PM
I would NEVER give him top 15 CB money.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-30-2016, 01:57 PM
The the the that's all folks

Mr. Cynical
10-30-2016, 02:15 PM
SO bad.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patriots-vs-bills-highlights-score-bills-player-quits-on-td-yells-at-teammates/

Novacane
10-30-2016, 02:19 PM
They can't give him a huge contract. Hes been bad all season

Joe Fo Sho
10-30-2016, 02:52 PM
He's worth half of what he's going to be asking for.

kingJofNYC
10-30-2016, 02:55 PM
That was probably on Meeks, we were in some double robber and he went underneath instead of staying over the top. With that said, he was ****ing garbage today, and has been garbage most of the season, just pathetic.

justasportsfan
10-30-2016, 03:42 PM
Our dbs became bums as soon as we fired Henderson

Jamiezzz
10-30-2016, 06:18 PM
Gilmore is below average! Let him walk for his asking price.

CommissarSpartacus
10-30-2016, 09:22 PM
He has awesome hair extentions.

You guys are just jealous.

Mr. Miyagi
10-30-2016, 09:31 PM
Surely he's nowhere near elite as he thought he was. Darby is better.

ublinkwescore
10-30-2016, 09:32 PM
We could beat new england if we traded him to them.

BertSquirtgum
10-31-2016, 01:12 AM
I hated when they drafted him and I've been saying he sucks since his second year. He has always been below average to very bad.

swiper
10-31-2016, 04:23 AM
I hated when they drafted him and I've been saying he sucks since his second year. He has always been below average to very bad.

Right. Just never has lived up to being "elite," even at his best. But Bill Belichick just made it that he will not be a Bill next year. Say hello to drafting a CB in the first again.

stuckincincy
10-31-2016, 01:08 PM
Perhaps he's hit a physical wall and just can't play well enough anymore. Maybe the bundle he's made is enough for him and it's time to get out of the biz.

There's no end of players in pro sports that put a spurt on to increase their market value in a contract year. He doesn't seem to be doing this..

Mr. Pink
10-31-2016, 01:11 PM
But I thought he was a shut down corner?

This board said so not long ago.

Historian
10-31-2016, 02:06 PM
In all fairness, this defense is tough on corners.

They're out there on an island, and if the pass rush isn't there....

That being said, Gilmore getting torched by slow white guys is downright embarrassing.

Mahdi
10-31-2016, 02:12 PM
In all fairness, this defense is tough on corners.

They're out there on an island, and if the pass rush isn't there....

That being said, Gilmore getting torched by slow white guys is downright embarrassing.

I think your first thought is a fair one....

This system puts heavy pressure on the CBs. Richard Sherman, as good as he is, ALWAYS has safety help over the top. He can be ultra-aggressive and have peace of mind knowing that.

Gilmore and Darby are usually only have 1 deep safety over the top and our pass rush although has been ok its not like it has been getting home consistently on 3rd down especially which is making the CB job almost impossible.

Victor7
10-31-2016, 03:19 PM
He's playing himself out of the big money. Contract year and he decided to have a well below average season. If this continues let him walk whatever the price.

cookie G
10-31-2016, 05:26 PM
He was so bad yesterday that Chris Hogan is trending on Yahoo right now....Chris Hogan!!!

I think he listened wayyy too much to his agent in the offseason and believed the hype too much.

But that's just me.

Mace
10-31-2016, 05:55 PM
But I thought he was a shut down corner?

This board said so not long ago.

Well, he even fooled me, I thought he became one. I'm entirely amazed at how bad he's become this year. My gripe against Gilmore is that I figured he was brittle, still not sure he isn't, but it's like he fell apart and someone put him back together wrong.

swiper
10-31-2016, 06:14 PM
He's playing himself out of the big money. Contract year and he decided to have a well below average season. If this continues let him walk whatever the price.

I think that last part is a given. Be prepared to draft a CB in the first next year.

Mr. Pink
10-31-2016, 06:16 PM
Personally I don't think he ever played himself into big money, which is why the organization didn't pay him.

He was an average number 1 corner, not great, not terrible but somewhere in between. His tackling skills always left a lot to be desired.

I'm sure some dumbass team come the first day of FA will give him a long term deal with 40-50 guaranteed though.

Mace
10-31-2016, 07:09 PM
Personally I don't think he ever played himself into big money, which is why the organization didn't pay him.

Well, he didn't. I wanted them to let him go also, but because he was brittle and cb's facing spread offenses in college are all over the place, coming out better tuned for passing games.

But I didn't expect him to fall on his face this enthusiastically.

Turf
10-31-2016, 08:43 PM
If he cut his hair he could probably add .2 seconds to his speed. But looking cool is so much important.

Mace
10-31-2016, 08:52 PM
If he cut his hair he could probably add .2 seconds to his speed. But looking cool is so much important.

Don't be ridiculous, you need a cb with predator dreads or applicable weave, or people like myself think he needs to be replaced by one. I mean, you can want to replace a cb with pred dreads, but not by a guy who can't aspire to them and work on it.

Turf
10-31-2016, 09:00 PM
Don't be ridiculous, you need a cb with predator dreads or applicable weave, or people like myself think he needs to be replaced by one. I mean, you can want to replace a cb with pred dreads, but not by a guy who can't aspire to them and work on it. Another football guy cut his dreads and said he lost 4 LBS. Whether that's true or not I don't know. But there's also an aerodynamic factor. You know how they handicap horses? 2-4 LBS. Horses.

Mace
10-31-2016, 09:04 PM
Another football guy cut his dreads and said he lost 4 LBS. Whether that's true or not I don't know. But there's also an aerodynamic factor. You know how they handicap horses? 2-4 LBS. Horses.

What ? No, no. I'm backing out of this one.

Forward_Lateral
11-01-2016, 10:52 AM
He's terrible. Always blaming someone else. You aren't Richard Sherman dude.

trapezeus
11-01-2016, 11:08 AM
the issue shouldn't be about Gilmore or not. the bills in their infinite crappiness continue to find serviceable dbs. they should not break the bank on any DB. They always find good ones through the drought.

to me, if you focus on good DE, LBS and DTs, you can plug and play the secondary as needed. For the nth time, the bills did not put pressure on brady and let hims throw as he pleased. at the end, they hit him a few times. but brady is a mess when he's knocked down. we didn't get pressure thanks to injuries and under-performance from the line.

SpikedLemonade
11-05-2016, 05:45 AM
I would NOT give him more than $10M per.

He is imply NOT elite.

He is in the 20-25 best NFL CB category

BOBM253
11-05-2016, 09:28 AM
I have to say I always thought Gilmore was a top cornerback, Now I'm not so sure. Watched the game again and was amazed at his total lack of effort on a 4th quarter reception by Gronk. He was in ok position prior to the catch but after the catch he made an embarrassing effort to takle him. He basically tried to grab him by the shoulder pads, got swatted away and just gave up on the play and watched his teammates make the tackle 15 yards further away. Such a lame effort by a pro football player.

No effort, no heart, no grittiness at all.

swiper
11-05-2016, 10:03 AM
I have to say I always thought Gilmore was a top cornerback, Now I'm not so sure. Watched the game again and was amazed at his total lack of effort on a 4th quarter reception by Gronk. He was in ok position prior to the catch but after the catch he made an embarrassing effort to takle him. He basically tried to grab him by the shoulder pads, got swatted away and just gave up on the play and watched his teammates make the tackle 15 yards further away. Such a lame effort by a pro football player.

No effort, no heart, no grittiness at all.

And sensational dreadlocks are just not worth that kind of money.

Forward_Lateral
11-05-2016, 11:13 AM
10 million? I wouldn't give him 2 million.

BertSquirtgum
11-05-2016, 04:04 PM
He's worth the contract Leodis Mckelvin got when he last signed with the Bills.

SpikedLemonade
11-05-2016, 07:39 PM
And sensational dreadlocks are just not worth that kind of money.

Screw you!

Screw you in where you work -- in the ass...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbdCvzF4qqw

swiper
11-05-2016, 08:44 PM
You're far too rectophilic.

justasportsfan
11-05-2016, 09:56 PM
the issue shouldn't be about Gilmore or not. the bills in their infinite crappiness continue to find serviceable dbs. they should not break the bank on any DB. They always find good ones through the drought.

to me, if you focus on good DE, LBS and DTs, you can plug and play the secondary as needed. For the nth time, the bills did not put pressure on brady and let hims throw as he pleased. at the end, they hit him a few times. but brady is a mess when he's knocked down. we didn't get pressure thanks to injuries and under-performance from the line.

Hate to sound redundant but our dbs recently havent been as good once we got rid of Donnie Henderson

SpikedLemonade
11-06-2016, 09:23 AM

Apparently, I am the voice of reason in this community.

cookie G
11-06-2016, 10:42 AM
Apparently, I am the voice of reason in this community.

Ok ..that made my morning Mr. Youtube