PDA

View Full Version : Tyrod just can't be the guy

Mr. Cynical
10-30-2016, 01:27 PM
I have defended him a bunch of times. And to be fair, he's had crappy receivers and dropped balls a lot of times. And, without Shady he clearly has the pressure on him.

Still, I don't care anymore.

He's a backup QB. The Bills FO needs to sell the house and get Kelly next draft. I don't care what it takes. Tired of this ****. Haven't had a QB since Kelly left in '96. The last time we made the playoffs? '99. That is not a coincidence.

Ingtar33
10-30-2016, 03:50 PM
those dropped balls left 21 points on the field.

YardRat
10-30-2016, 03:54 PM

So did several piss-poor passes.

BertSquirtgum
10-30-2016, 03:57 PM
Tyrod sucks

Mr. Cynical
10-30-2016, 04:00 PM

I won't argue that...BUT...how many times do Brady's receivers drop balls? At some point the QB has to make their receivers FEAR dropping them. It's pretty clear they don't. I know that he's working with 2nd/3rd stringers, but still. This has been an issue before. Anytime he throws 30 or more balls we lose. That can certainly be placed in part on them, and the situation. But over time that's a trend, not an exception. I really wanted TT to work out, good kid, good work ethic, but he is way too inconsistent on the short-med balls to make it in this league. And he almost never throws to a space, instead waiting until the receiver is open, thus making it harder to catch, and even harder for any YAC.

We need to move on now or suffer another 1-2 seasons of missing playoffs and wasting what will be two decades of s**** QB play.

Cut the cord, mortgage the future, get Kelly. He may not work out, but at this point, seriously...what the *** to we have to lose?

Novacane
10-30-2016, 04:39 PM
He'll never be a QB that carries his team.

justasportsfan
10-30-2016, 04:45 PM
Problem is, who do we replace him with .

Next problem is in whose hands do you leave his replacement with? Rex and co?

Finding an above average passing qb is useless under a coach who thinks running should be the main focus of an offense and yet cant build a defense as good as the sb seattle and broncos.

trapezeus
10-30-2016, 05:03 PM
But you can't just out and cut him because we've left the cupboard bare. There are no qbs to replace him.

Unless the team is moving from Rex and Whaley, they'll want to build, not just decimate.

And as a die hard fan since birth, my patience is low. And I have no desire to watch Russ Brandon get free reign to **** up the team the 8th or 9th time and have no accountability to it.

That ultimately is the teams problem. Every other team has moved pieces around and gotten to the playoffs once.

LarryBoy
10-30-2016, 05:10 PM

EXACTLY!

He'll make a pretty play once in a while by getting away from a rush or run for a nice 1st down HOWEVER he will NEVER be the guy you feel comfortable late 4th quarter down by 4 and say "We can win this" on any consistent basis.

Mace
10-30-2016, 05:30 PM
Well, as I mentioned in the GDT, I finally feel comfortable saying Taylor is at his ceiling and his passing won't get any better.

To me that means he's fine with a dangerous running game and 25-28 attempts per game. He's not going to throw for 300 yards, it's a stretch to expect more than a couple TD's out of him per game, he's not going to carry the team, he's not going to lead a crisp hurry up rally.

We didn't have a dangerous running game because McCoy was out and the receivers are beaten up. Well, then this game is what will happen when you play a contender bringing their "A" game.

Dropped balls, sure, and every QB is going to be more comfortable with his regular targets. But he underthrows and overthrows too often.

Even if he is their desired type of QB, and he is, I'll almost guarantee they exercise his option next year, the team needs to be able to come from behind, and compete in shootouts from time to time, or they're never going to break through into playoffs and title contention, or beat the teams that are with any regularity when it heats up.

A running game offense with a running game QB just isn't going to cut it, yes, I finally admit it.

What changed my mind ? Balls sailing over receivers (like Losman), under receivers (like Manuel), bouncing in the dirt, he leads guys running sideline routes...deeper into the sidelines, he takes too long on his reads, he doesn't know when to throw the ball away but will complete a pass for two, or run for 3 (also an o-line issue, some of those guys just don't pass block well, he gets time, but in a collapsing pocket too often), when they need lots more on the play (like Trent Edwards did), he's not real conscious of the clock (also a coaching staff issue).

He's THEIR type of QB but not THE type of QB, and he's just not improving.

Turf
10-30-2016, 06:23 PM
As much as I admire Tyrods elusiveness and tenacity, he doesn't pass the way a franchise QB should. Like said before he throws late, I've seen receivers peeling off downfield and he throws the safe underneath ball. He seems to be a 8-13 yard route guy or a 30+ yard route guy. But hitting someone in stride in a intermediate route he can't seem to handle. Hell I've seen Fitz and whats his name (the great dresser) thread the needle and complete passes into tight places. I don't know that I've ever seen Tyrod do that. As much as people dislike Stafford even he has that capability. I think Cardale has a better chance of passing into tight spots.
So no, I don't pay him, or Gilmour, that big contract next year.

Crisis
10-30-2016, 06:32 PM

But the way this team is built, he shouldn't need to. We're supposed to be a running team with a good defense. The defense is awful.

justasportsfan
10-30-2016, 06:37 PM
But the way this team is built, he shouldn't need to. We're supposed to be a running team with a good defense. The defense is awful.

Last year's excuse of not having the right players is no longer valid. Brady will always torch Rexs D whether Ragland is there or not.

Mr. Cynical
10-30-2016, 07:06 PM
What changed my mind ? Balls sailing over receivers (like Losman), under receivers (like Manuel), bouncing in the dirt, he leads guys running sideline routes...deeper into the sidelines, he takes too long on his reads, he doesn't know when to throw the ball away but will complete a pass for two, or run for 3 (also an o-line issue, some of those guys just don't pass block well, he gets time, but in a collapsing pocket too often), when they need lots more on the play (like Trent Edwards did), he's not real conscious of the clock (also a coaching staff issue).

Yep.

WagonCircler
10-30-2016, 07:22 PM
The Bills FO needs to sell the house and get Kelly next draft. I don't care what it takes. .

He threw for 465 yards against Auburn this week. He's the real deal.

But he's not Whaley's type.

The Bills' only hope of drafting Kelly is if Whaley's fired.

djjimkelly
10-30-2016, 07:25 PM
EXACTLY!

He'll make a pretty play once in a while by getting away from a rush or run for a nice 1st down HOWEVER he will NEVER be the guy you feel comfortable late 4th quarter down by 4 and say "We can win this" on any consistent basis.

bottom line he cant win with his arm

zone
10-30-2016, 07:52 PM
You guys are nuts, we have a QB that extends plays and doesn't turn the ball over. The real problem is that we have a rag tag crew of receivers that should never see the field and an overpaid TE that can't catch the ball. Our defense is suppose to be the backbone of this team but when you can't get off the field on third downs and then the offense goes 3 and out, then this is what happens.

Mace
10-30-2016, 08:09 PM
You guys are nuts, we have a QB that extends plays and doesn't turn the ball over. The real problem is that we have a rag tag crew of receivers that should never see the field and an overpaid TE that can't catch the ball. Our defense is suppose to be the backbone of this team but when you can't get off the field on third downs and then the offense goes 3 and out, then this is what happens.

Just my thought, but Taylor came here as a veteran rookie starter. That bought a pass on playing experience and game decision, but carried the implication of learning, working, and directing systems.

This is his offense to run, no matter who is in it, in his 2nd year. The vet in him should by now be directing that offense, making line calls, recognizing coverages, pulling off passing audibles, moving his receivers. You'll see him vaguely waving at receivers but nothing much comes of it.

The rookie part has worn off now, the vet part should be in full force, he should be working the system with some authority if he's a reliable starter (forget that ridiculous "franchise" myth).

He isn't, he passively responds to every play figuring he can rely on his legs and elusiveness if he has to, and that's going to get him damaged. The rag tag collection of WR's are trying to earn their place in the NFL longer term and they're going to be plenty eager to learn the nuance of the QB, if Taylor had any nuance to offer in creating chemistry with his remaining targets.

Good QB's, great ones being out of the discussion, use what they have, and what they have knows how the QB will use them. With pressure they auto correct in a decent system, or do their thing figuring the QB will auto correct. Stevie Johnson was one of the few great improv receivers I've seen, and he had some fine years when his QB's adjusted to it. The receivers now are running around to buy Taylor time to make a run for it, not to accurately throw them the ball.

He's not commanding the offense, the plays are commanding him instead. That's just not good.

justasportsfan
10-30-2016, 08:28 PM

Id rather have a qb who can extend plays because he can read Ds and is an above average passer.

djjimkelly
10-30-2016, 09:38 PM
Id rather have a qb who can extend plays because he can read Ds and is an above average passer.

im tired of being bottom 5 in passing over and over

WagonCircler
10-30-2016, 10:46 PM

One flick of the wrist from a real pocket passer is worth way more than one of Tyrod's trendy scrambles.

Mr. Pink
10-30-2016, 11:32 PM
EJ Manuel is a better QB than Tyrod.

Tyrod is a better athlete.

Tyrod, let alone the fact he should be bought out and not see the field next year, should be flat out benched.

I dunno how much it takes for people to realize a guy who refuses to use the middle of the field, refuses to take any chances, sails passes constantly is simply not an NFL QB. I still can't believe the organization gave him a payday for this year.

kingJofNYC
10-30-2016, 11:38 PM
Come on, EJ ****ing sucks dude, he's not the better QB. At least be reasonable.

Mr. Pink
10-30-2016, 11:45 PM
Come on, EJ ****ing sucks dude, he's not the better QB. At least be reasonable.

Tyrod Taylor ****ing sucks and on top of watching him run the offense is boring as ****.

I'd rather watch a guy throw a pick trying to make a play than a guy who only throws the ball to the sidelines, while sailing passes over heads, or throw dumpoffs...ya know when he doesn't decide my first read isn't open so I have to run.

feldspar
10-31-2016, 12:00 AM
I can't believe I spend so much time thinking about this team

What's wrong with me exactly?

..better yet, don't answer that...

The Jokeman
10-31-2016, 04:29 AM

Ole Miss is 3-6, Kelly's stats look nice but I'd be can't win in college one has to wonder what he'll do in the NFL. Toss in the shadow of his uncle and hometown, while the thought of another Kelly QB is nice the reality may not be as good.

DraftBoy
10-31-2016, 06:12 AM

He also got exposed v. FSU, Arkansas, and LSU.

I like Kelly as a prospect but he's not the top QB in the next draft and he has as many minuses as he has pluses right now. He has all the talent to develop into a franchise QB but you don't take Kelly and want him to see the field for even a snap next season. You take Kelly to sit and learn behind a veteran QB for at least a year. He's not ready for the NFL.

Night Train
10-31-2016, 07:37 AM
He's doing his job as the transition QB, holding down the fort. C. Jones is here developing and another will be drafted in the spring. The alternative now is E.J. Bust.

I admire the guy for his guts but his lack of size and his inconsistent short-medium pass game won't take us far. I like QB's who don't fear delivering the rock in tight windows and he's overly concerned with not turning the ball over. Misses his 2nd read a lot, who is open. The rolling buyout contract looks smarter every week.

Yasgur's Farm
10-31-2016, 07:37 AM
You guys are nuts, we have a QB that extends plays and doesn't turn the ball over. The real problem is that we have a rag tag crew of receivers that should never see the field and an overpaid TE that can't catch the ball. Our defense is suppose to be the backbone of this team but when you can't get off the field on third downs and then the offense goes 3 and out, then this is what happens.Yup... All of our 10 foot receivers are injured.

WagonCircler
10-31-2016, 07:47 AM
Ole Miss is 3-6, Kelly's stats look nice but I'd be can't win in college one has to wonder what he'll do in the NFL. Toss in the shadow of his uncle and hometown, while the thought of another Kelly QB is nice the reality may not be as good.

Chad doesn't play Defense. Neither does Ole Miss.

WagonCircler
10-31-2016, 07:49 AM
He has all the talent to develop into a franchise QB but you don't take Kelly and want him to see the field for even a snap next season. You take Kelly to sit and learn behind a veteran QB for at least a year. He's not ready for the NFL.

And your point is.....?

So you don't take a QB if he's not ready to start on day one? Despite having " all the talent to develop into a franchise QB"?

kingJofNYC
10-31-2016, 08:00 AM
Draft Kelly, rehire Polian, problems solved.

/wagoncircler.

swiper
10-31-2016, 08:17 AM
EJ Manuel is a better QB than Tyrod.

No.

Different degrees of bad. But Manuel is as stiff as they come.

- - - Updated - - -

And your point is.....?

So you don't take a QB if he's not ready to start on day one? Despite having " all the talent to develop into a franchise QB"?

Derek Carr looking quite good these days.

The King
10-31-2016, 08:18 AM
Problem is, who do we replace him with .

Next problem is in whose hands do you leave his replacement with? Rex and co?

Finding an above average passing qb is useless under a coach who thinks running should be the main focus of an offense and yet cant build a defense as good as the sb seattle and broncos.

This. Whether or not Tyrod is the answer is still debatable (IMO), but even if he isn't we can't create a massive hole with no one to fill it. EJ is gone, Cardale? We need to keep Tyrod around until we have the right guy. Otherwise it's going to get even uglier.

Night Train
10-31-2016, 08:25 AM

He's 6-2 and 215. That's Taylor size. Had some nice games but makes far too many dumb plays in crunch time. Nope.

I'd rather look at big QB's with upside like Oklahoma St. QB Mason Rudolph (6-5 235) and Davis Webb of Cal (6-5 232). You could get them in the middle rounds. Add one of them along with C. Jones being here and let them compete.

THATHURMANATOR
10-31-2016, 08:34 AM
I have defended him a bunch of times. And to be fair, he's had crappy receivers and dropped balls a lot of times. And, without Shady he clearly has the pressure on him.

Still, I don't care anymore.

He's a backup QB. The Bills FO needs to sell the house and get Kelly next draft. I don't care what it takes. Tired of this ****. Haven't had a QB since Kelly left in '96. The last time we made the playoffs? '99. That is not a coincidence.

Is Kelly a first round rated QB at this point?

Yasgur's Farm
10-31-2016, 08:53 AM
Is Kelly a first round rated QB at this point?Yes... http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/probe.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2017&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

justasportsfan
10-31-2016, 09:16 AM
We may have to keep Tyrod unless bills go for Romo.

Otherwise Whaley and his scouts should be out there scouting qb's by now and not cb's or linebackers like Rex would want them to.

Joe Fo Sho
10-31-2016, 09:20 AM
We may have to keep Tyrod unless bills go for Romo.

There is no reason to think that we have to keep Tyrod. With the contract he signed this year, I think that we actually have to cut him.

Sign a FA QB, draft a rookie, and let them battle it out with Cardale. I would like to get a QB whose strongest attribute is the ability to throw a football, though.

Yasgur's Farm
10-31-2016, 10:05 AM
$27.5M for 2017... Way too much for an overthrowing escape artist IMO.

If we keep him for 2017... It also guarantees his 2018 salary of $13M... And dead caps his 2017 bonus at a rate of $3.1M/year thru 2021
If cut after beginning of 2017 season, dead cap becomes...
2017 = $43.5M = $12M 2017 salary + $15.5M amortized option bonus + $13M 2018 salary + $3M amortized signing bonus
2018 = $27.6M = $13M 2018 salary + $12.4 amortized option bonus + $2.2M amortized signing bonus
2019 = $10.7M = $9.3M amortized option bonus + $1.4M amortized signing bonus
2020 = $6.9M = $6.2M amortized option bonus + $.7M amortized signing bonus
2021 = $3.1M = $3.1M amortized option bonus

Historian
10-31-2016, 10:17 AM
Tyrod adds a dimension to the offense that Buffalo has never had before....scrambling ability.

The problem is...is this really the offense you want to run, at this level?

I know I'm old, but to me, The read react..option...wildcat, call it whatever you want, is college offense.

In the pros, a QB is supposed to be a pocket passer. That's what I pay good money for.

That is not Tyrod's game, nor is it Manuel's.

If I wanted to watch this crap, I would go to a UB game.

DraftBoy
10-31-2016, 12:11 PM
And your point is.....?

My point is people pointing to drafting Kelly as if he's guaranteed savior is based almost primarily on his last name and not the actual tape and skills the kid has.

He's not very far along developmentally so he's a prospect you take who needs a lot of time. Both on and off the field.

So if you want a QB who may one day develop into a franchise guy then take Kelly, he has all the football skills you want. However, that means we're sticking with Taylor for at least another year, probably two.

Also they just took Jones for the exact same purpose of taking Kelly. Big talent kid with plenty of potential who needs a lot of seasoning.

WagonCircler
10-31-2016, 02:01 PM
My point is people pointing to drafting Kelly as if he's guaranteed savior is based almost primarily on his last name and not the actual tape and skills the kid has.

He's not very far along developmentally so he's a prospect you take who needs a lot of time. Both on and off the field.

So if you want a QB who may one day develop into a franchise guy then take Kelly, he has all the football skills you want. However, that means we're sticking with Taylor for at least another year, probably two.

Also they just took Jones for the exact same purpose of taking Kelly. Big talent kid with plenty of potential who needs a lot of seasoning.

No, I'm pointing at drafting Kelly based on elite arm talent, good size and above average athleticism. His name only comes into play because of his gene pool and because of the access to excellent position coaching that he had has access to for his entire life.

Cardale Jones is dumber than a box of Gronkowskis. Chad studies film like he's Frank Reich.

Sticking with Taylor is not the only option for a year, which is all it would take. I'd settle for another year of a Kyle Orton/Ryan Fitzpatrick QB if it meant having a great chance at a true pocket passing franchise QB for a decade.

But no, this organization will keep drafting running backs and football factory dumbasses. Why win win when you can sell 60,000 season tickets for a **** show every year?

There are no guaranteed saviors, but this running QB fad is a treadmill to nowhere.

DraftBoy
10-31-2016, 05:45 PM
No, I'm pointing at drafting Kelly based on elite arm talent, good size and above average athleticism. His name only comes into play because of his gene pool and because of the access to excellent position coaching that he had has access to for his entire life.

Cardale Jones is dumber than a box of Gronkowskis. Chad studies film like he's Frank Reich.

Sticking with Taylor is not the only option for a year, which is all it would take. I'd settle for another year of a Kyle Orton/Ryan Fitzpatrick QB if it meant having a great chance at a true pocket passing franchise QB for a decade.

But no, this organization will keep drafting running backs and football factory dumbasses. Why win win when you can sell 60,000 season tickets for a **** show every year?

There are no guaranteed saviors, but this running QB fad is a treadmill to nowhere.

He doesn't have elite talent, he has good talent but it's not elite.

Considering that Kelly had to be restrained only a few weeks ago from getting into an altercation at a local HS game, I'm not sure highlighting his intelligence is something I'd put in the positive column. His decision making, both on and off the field, is one of his biggest red flags.

I don't think Taylor is the guy either for the record, but I'm also nowhere near sold on Kelly.

Mr. Pink
10-31-2016, 06:11 PM
Why do people think we need to tank now or mortgage the future for Chad Kelly?

Right now I wouldn't be surprised if he lasts til the 2nd round and is the 5th QB off the board.

Kizer, Watson, Kaaya, Trubisky and then Kelly.

Mace
10-31-2016, 07:30 PM
It's all fruitless, they're going into next season with Whaley, Ryan, Taylor, Jones, and some cheap vet they can scrounge, and we all know it this far ahead of time.

Turf
10-31-2016, 09:32 PM
Christ Cutler looks better than Tyrod.

k-oneputt
10-31-2016, 09:42 PM

That's because he is better.

- - - Updated - - -

That's because he is better.

k-oneputt
10-31-2016, 09:43 PM
I like the qb at Cal, Webb.

The Jokeman
10-31-2016, 09:49 PM
Why do people think we need to tank now or mortgage the future for Chad Kelly?

Right now I wouldn't be surprised if he lasts til the 2nd round and is the 5th QB off the board.

Kizer, Watson, Kaaya, Trubisky and then Kelly.

Mason Rudolph might come off the board before Kelly as well.

k-oneputt
10-31-2016, 09:52 PM
I like Rudolph too. Good call.
Mahomes later in the draft I wouldn't mind either.

The Jokeman
10-31-2016, 09:53 PM
He's 6-2 and 215. That's Taylor size. Had some nice games but makes far too many dumb plays in crunch time. Nope.

I'd rather look at big QB's with upside like Oklahoma St. QB Mason Rudolph (6-5 235) and Davis Webb of Cal (6-5 232). You could get them in the middle rounds. Add one of them along with C. Jones being here and let them compete.

Rudolph is intriguing and definitely on my radar.

Turf
10-31-2016, 10:05 PM
We could have had Prescott but ...WE Got Our Guy!!!.

That's the problem with this front office, they get married to any level of success and think they've found something.

TacklingDummy
11-01-2016, 01:05 PM
We are a running team in a passing league.
We need a franchise QB not dime a dozen Running Backs.

toto8
11-01-2016, 05:17 PM

Dude I have nothing against Taylor but go and check cover1.net and yardsperpass.com and look at the film, he misses open receivers a LOT! unfortunately receivers are not the problem. He is great at taking care of the ball and running but we need more from him.

I am with you the defense sucks. I miss Jim Schwartz defense it was way better.

Arm of Harm
11-01-2016, 07:00 PM

My friend Steve played football in high school. He was a center and a nose tackle. The guy definitely knows football. He's a Dolphins fan.

He said that he was very disappointed when the Bills signed away Clay. He felt Clay was one of the Dolphins' best players.

Clay is the kind of guy who can get open. But Tyrod Taylor is not necessarily the kind of QB who will notice his TE getting open. Not unless the TE happens to be the first read. The production we're actually getting from Clay is only a fraction of the production we would be getting, if we had a good pocket passer as our QB. If our goal is to upgrade the production at the TE position, we should keep the TE the same and replace the QB.

Mace
11-01-2016, 07:29 PM
My friend Steve played football in high school. He was a center and a nose tackle. The guy definitely knows football. He's a Dolphins fan.

He said that he was very disappointed when the Bills signed away Clay. He felt Clay was one of the Dolphins' best players.

Clay is the kind of guy who can get open. But Tyrod Taylor is not necessarily the kind of QB who will notice his TE getting open. Not unless the TE happens to be the first read. The production we're actually getting from Clay is only a fraction of the production we would be getting, if we had a good pocket passer as our QB. If our goal is to upgrade the production at the TE position, we should keep the TE the same and replace the QB.

That was the same problem for spending large on Watkins.

The way it turned out, the receiving threats are mostly there to draw coverage away from running lanes, because the QB sure can't regularly use them as receivers. The team is built to be a certain way, but is built funny. Like you get a pickup for bullwork because you drive through mud and haul lumber, but get expensive hubcaps, plush upholstery, and custom paintwork for it.

The frills are going to be ruined though they look pretty when you pick it up and drive it home that first day.

Bill Cody
11-02-2016, 12:03 PM
That was the same problem for spending large on Watkins.

Watkins is going to have a race car gassed and ready the minute his contract runs out to get him out of here. This was a lose lose scenario.

ticatfan
11-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Tyrod adds a dimension to the offense that Buffalo has never had before....scrambling ability.

I know I'm old, but to me, The read react..option...wildcat, call it whatever you want, is college offense.

In the pros, a QB is supposed to be a pocket passer. That's what I pay good money for.

If I wanted to watch this crap, I would go to a UB game.And what god made that rule. A QB should be able to throw and run, if you actually want to win. Players are getting bigger, stronger and FASTER. You need both or QB's are not going to be lasting the whole season. Give tyrod a yr or more to get with it or you could be chasing a QB for many more yrs.

djjimkelly
11-02-2016, 01:31 PM
i look forward to the day tyrod isnt starting. ........ at this point

but still want him to win while he is here

justasportsfan
11-02-2016, 01:44 PM

If I wanted to watch this crap, I would go to a UB game.

Carr was able to overcome 23 penalties for 200 yds and win vs. bucs. 500 yards 4 tds.

No way Tyrod can overcome such problems with his legs.

Tyrod is averaging 130 yds per game passing. Yikes.

Without a dominant running game, team is toast.

Joe Fo Sho
11-02-2016, 01:55 PM
Tyrod is averaging 130 yds per game passing. Yikes.
I want Tyrod gone as much as the next guy, but that number is not right. He's averaging 185 yards passing per game this year, and 205 yards passing per game since we signed him.

justasportsfan
11-02-2016, 01:59 PM
I want Tyrod gone as much as the next guy, but that number is not right. He's averaging 185 yards passing per game this year, and 205 yards passing per game since we signed him.

thanks for the correction. Got it from his career output. my bad.

Victor7
11-02-2016, 01:59 PM

That's not good either Joe.

Joe Fo Sho
11-02-2016, 02:33 PM
That's not good either Joe.
Hence why I said that I want him gone as much as anyone else. We just don't have to under credit him when his stats do that for him.

Bill Cody
11-02-2016, 03:15 PM
If Tyrod grew 4 or 5" and had a more accurate arm he'd be really good

Mace
11-02-2016, 05:53 PM
Hence why I said that I want him gone as much as anyone else. We just don't have to under credit him when his stats do that for him.

Hence ?

Forsooth.

Mouldsie
11-03-2016, 10:54 PM
I've been wanting us to find a franchise QB since I started following football and have never believed we've had one.

I think Chad Kelly would be a mistake. Just throwing that out there.

Mouldsie
11-03-2016, 10:59 PM

The way you praise Chad Kelly and hated Cam Newton is..... interesting.

Mouldsie
11-03-2016, 11:04 PM
We could have had Prescott but ...WE Got Our Guy!!!.

That's the problem with this front office, they get married to any level of success and think they've found something.
Loved Dak, he was my 3rd rated QB in the draft and would have been well worth drafting in the 3rd round or perhaps just NOT TRADING UP FOR A ****ING MLB AND LOSING ASSETS THAT COULD BE USED ON POTENTIAL STARTERS (4th round pick)

The Jokeman
11-23-2016, 07:31 AM
And what god made that rule. A QB should be able to throw and run, if you actually want to win. Players are getting bigger, stronger and FASTER. You need both or QB's are not going to be lasting the whole season. Give tyrod a yr or more to get with it or you could be chasing a QB for many more yrs.

No god made that rule but if follow the NFL enough over the years it seems like pocket QBs win more when it counts then not.

WagonCircler
11-23-2016, 04:19 PM

I don't know Cam Newton's parents, but his father appears to be a scumbag who sold his son to the highest bidder.

I do know Chad's, and he comes from good, honest, hard working people.

The kid got into fights. Cam stole from people.

All Kelly wants to do is play football.

Cam Newton said, and I quote, that he considers himself to be "an entertainer and an icon" as well as an athlete, before ever having played a down in the NFL.

Cam Newton acted like a spoiled little ***** in the aftermath of the Super Bowl.

I could go on, but it's actually not....that.....interesting.

swiper
11-23-2016, 04:34 PM

Are you calling him a racist?

The Jokeman
11-23-2016, 06:14 PM
I don't know Cam Newton's parents, but his father appears to be a scumbag who sold his son to the highest bidder.

I do know Chad's, and he comes from good, honest, hard working people.

The kid got into fights. Cam stole from people.

All Kelly wants to do is play football.

Cam Newton said, and I quote, that he considers himself to be "an entertainer and an icon" as well as an athlete, before ever having played a down in the NFL.

Cam Newton acted like a spoiled little ***** in the aftermath of the Super Bowl.

I could go on, but it's actually not....that.....interesting.

Jim Kelly was involved in a Ponzi scheme, what does that say about him? Not to mention everyone knows of his drinking problems and his fights he had with Andre Reed over Laurie Lisowski. Dismiss Cam if you want but Jimbo isn't what I classify as a good, honest or hard working fellow. In terms of Super Bowl play I hate to say it but in each of the four we were in Kelly was far from great.

Mace
11-23-2016, 06:19 PM
Jim Kelly was involved in a Ponzi scheme, what does that say about him? Not to mention everyone knows of his drinking problems and his fights he had with Andre Reed over Laurie Lisowski. Dismiss Cam if you want but Jimbo isn't what I classify as a good, honest or hard working fellow. In terms of Super Bowl play I hate to say it but in each of the four we were in Kelly was far from great.

Lol. Almost forgot about Laurie Lisowski, good one !

WagonCircler
11-23-2016, 06:21 PM
Dismiss Cam if you want but Jimbo isn't what I classify as a good, honest or hard working fellow..

Jim Kelly is not Chad's father.

Chad's father is a Supermarket manager who worked two jobs for most of his life.

Mace
11-23-2016, 06:29 PM
Jim Kelly is not Chad's father.

Chad's father is a Supermarket manager who worked two jobs for most of his life.

Did you remember the Laurie Lisowski thing though ? There was so much flying around back then, just made me laugh to remember that. As far as Jim goes, he used to refer to himself in the 3rd person and wasn't a choir boy but did some growing up over time, a lot of growing up. Sure do miss him trotting out onto the field with that aggravated businesslike look on his face, which meant he was going to take it out on someone, even if it was an intercepting linebacker.

WagonCircler
11-23-2016, 06:48 PM
Did you remember the Laurie Lisowski thing though ?.

I don't know much about it. No more than anyone else. It happened while I was living in Chicago, right before I moved back here.

I've been friends with Chad's father, Kevin, since 1986. All the Kelly brothers are. Some kids just mature faster than others. I'm 100% confident that Chad will grow up just fine. He has already made great progress. I don't see the incident at the HS football game as anything more than a minor setback. I did the exact same thing when I was his age and someone went after my brother.

Mace
11-23-2016, 06:54 PM
I don't know much about it. No more than anyone else. It happened while I was living in Chicago, right before I moved back here.

I've been friends with Chad's father, Kevin, since 1986. All the Kelly brothers are. Some kids just mature faster than others. I'm 100% confident that Chad will grow up just fine. He has already made great progress. I don't see the incident at the HS football game as anything more than a minor setback. I did the exact same thing when I was his age and someone went after my brother.

Hm....suppose I've done similar things myself over the years.

The Jokeman
11-23-2016, 07:59 PM

A set back after getting thrown off the Clemson football team. Just more red flags. Toss in Chad is undersized by NFL standards and to me has questionable judgement on the field his off the field drops him further down my draft board. I get people want the hometown kid to do great here but I just don't see it. If I was drafting a QB in 2017 the guy I like most that likely fall to the Bills who we wouldn't have to trade up for is Mason Rudolph.

WagonCircler
11-23-2016, 08:16 PM
If I was drafting a QB in 2017 the guy I like most that likely fall to the Bills who we wouldn't have to trade up for is Mason Rudolph.

Well, you're not, and you clearly know jack ****. So have a coke and a smile and STFU.

Mace
11-23-2016, 09:10 PM
If I was drafting a QB in 2017 the guy I like most that likely fall to the Bills who we wouldn't have to trade up for is Mason Rudolph.

Paying attention to him, but a shotgun spread offense means development time we don't have, and he doesn't fit the offensive philosophy, imho.

Figster
11-24-2016, 01:20 PM
Cheers for Tyrod Taylor:beers:

Happy Turkey Day you Turkeys!

The Jokeman
11-25-2016, 05:59 AM
Paying attention to him, but a shotgun spread offense means development time we don't have, and he doesn't fit the offensive philosophy, imho.

Most NCAA QBs are working off of some form of spread offense so very few don't need some time to develop. The one thing Mason does have is NFL size, arm strength and he's shown improved numbers each year he's played and of course a winning record. No guarantee at NFL success mind you but all things considered might be our best option, as I don't like the idea of trading up for that kid from Notre Dame or NC and not a big fan of Chad Kelly.

mdcas22
11-25-2016, 09:29 AM
where the real problem lies is in the contract. what they should have done is resigned TT to a 1 year 10 mil contract with incentives next year and still draft a Kelly. Kelly wont be ready by the start of the year and they could have brought him along slowly and still kept TT. I don t see any other team offering TT over 10 mil.