• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Tyrod just can't be the guy

I have defended him a bunch of times. And to be fair, he's had crappy receivers and dropped balls a lot of times. And, without Shady he clearly has the pressure on him.

Still, I don't care anymore.

He's a backup QB. The Bills FO needs to sell the house and get Kelly next draft. I don't care what it takes. Tired of this ****. Haven't had a QB since Kelly left in '96. The last time we made the playoffs? '99. That is not a coincidence.
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Re: Tyrod just can't be the guy

those dropped balls left 21 points on the field.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
      So did several piss-poor passes.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        Legendary Zoner
        • May 2009

Tyrod sucks

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
          I won't argue that...BUT...how many times do Brady's receivers drop balls? At some point the QB has to make their receivers FEAR dropping them. It's pretty clear they don't. I know that he's working with 2nd/3rd stringers, but still. This has been an issue before. Anytime he throws 30 or more balls we lose. That can certainly be placed in part on them, and the situation. But over time that's a trend, not an exception. I really wanted TT to work out, good kid, good work ethic, but he is way too inconsistent on the short-med balls to make it in this league. And he almost never throws to a space, instead waiting until the receiver is open, thus making it harder to catch, and even harder for any YAC.

We need to move on now or suffer another 1-2 seasons of missing playoffs and wasting what will be two decades of s**** QB play.

Cut the cord, mortgage the future, get Kelly. He may not work out, but at this point, seriously...what the *** to we have to lose?
          Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 10-30-2016, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

He'll never be a QB that carries his team.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Problem is, who do we replace him with .

Next problem is in whose hands do you leave his replacement with? Rex and co?

Finding an above average passing qb is useless under a coach who thinks running should be the main focus of an offense and yet cant build a defense as good as the sb seattle and broncos.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

But you can't just out and cut him because we've left the cupboard bare. There are no qbs to replace him.

Unless the team is moving from Rex and Whaley, they'll want to build, not just decimate.

And as a die hard fan since birth, my patience is low. And I have no desire to watch Russ Brandon get free reign to **** up the team the 8th or 9th time and have no accountability to it.

That ultimately is the teams problem. Every other team has moved pieces around and gotten to the playoffs once.

Comment

• LarryBoy
                  The world needs a hero!
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                  EXACTLY!

He'll make a pretty play once in a while by getting away from a rush or run for a nice 1st down HOWEVER he will NEVER be the guy you feel comfortable late 4th quarter down by 4 and say "We can win this" on any consistent basis.
                  Bills Rock!

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

Well, as I mentioned in the GDT, I finally feel comfortable saying Taylor is at his ceiling and his passing won't get any better.

To me that means he's fine with a dangerous running game and 25-28 attempts per game. He's not going to throw for 300 yards, it's a stretch to expect more than a couple TD's out of him per game, he's not going to carry the team, he's not going to lead a crisp hurry up rally.

We didn't have a dangerous running game because McCoy was out and the receivers are beaten up. Well, then this game is what will happen when you play a contender bringing their "A" game.

Dropped balls, sure, and every QB is going to be more comfortable with his regular targets. But he underthrows and overthrows too often.

Even if he is their desired type of QB, and he is, I'll almost guarantee they exercise his option next year, the team needs to be able to come from behind, and compete in shootouts from time to time, or they're never going to break through into playoffs and title contention, or beat the teams that are with any regularity when it heats up.

A running game offense with a running game QB just isn't going to cut it, yes, I finally admit it.

What changed my mind ? Balls sailing over receivers (like Losman), under receivers (like Manuel), bouncing in the dirt, he leads guys running sideline routes...deeper into the sidelines, he takes too long on his reads, he doesn't know when to throw the ball away but will complete a pass for two, or run for 3 (also an o-line issue, some of those guys just don't pass block well, he gets time, but in a collapsing pocket too often), when they need lots more on the play (like Trent Edwards did), he's not real conscious of the clock (also a coaching staff issue).

He's THEIR type of QB but not THE type of QB, and he's just not improving.

Comment

• Turf
                      • Jul 2002

As much as I admire Tyrods elusiveness and tenacity, he doesn't pass the way a franchise QB should. Like said before he throws late, I've seen receivers peeling off downfield and he throws the safe underneath ball. He seems to be a 8-13 yard route guy or a 30+ yard route guy. But hitting someone in stride in a intermediate route he can't seem to handle. Hell I've seen Fitz and whats his name (the great dresser) thread the needle and complete passes into tight places. I don't know that I've ever seen Tyrod do that. As much as people dislike Stafford even he has that capability. I think Cardale has a better chance of passing into tight spots.
                      So no, I don't pay him, or Gilmour, that big contract next year.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Crisis
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                        But the way this team is built, he shouldn't need to. We're supposed to be a running team with a good defense. The defense is awful.
                        Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                        Vanek is Austrian not European
                        Originally posted by Prov401
                        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                        Originally posted by better days
                        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
                          But the way this team is built, he shouldn't need to. We're supposed to be a running team with a good defense. The defense is awful.
                          Last year's excuse of not having the right players is no longer valid. Brady will always torch Rexs D whether Ragland is there or not.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                            Maybe?
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                            What changed my mind ? Balls sailing over receivers (like Losman), under receivers (like Manuel), bouncing in the dirt, he leads guys running sideline routes...deeper into the sidelines, he takes too long on his reads, he doesn't know when to throw the ball away but will complete a pass for two, or run for 3 (also an o-line issue, some of those guys just don't pass block well, he gets time, but in a collapsing pocket too often), when they need lots more on the play (like Trent Edwards did), he's not real conscious of the clock (also a coaching staff issue).
                            Yep.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                              Escaped Convict
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical View Post
                              The Bills FO needs to sell the house and get Kelly next draft. I don't care what it takes. .
                              He threw for 465 yards against Auburn this week. He's the real deal.

But he's not Whaley's type.

The Bills' only hope of drafting Kelly is if Whaley's fired.

Comment

Working...
                              X