PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Mid-Season needs for 2017

YardRat
10-30-2016, 03:01 PM
QB--Tyrod is not the guy, 175 yards per game, accuracy issues, unwillingness to throw the ball downfield (except for chuck-and-pray plays) isn't cutting it.
C--The time to replace Wood with a nasty Goliath was actually a few seasons ago.
WR--Too many china dolls with 'potential' on the roster now, not nearly enough real talent.
Safety--AW should call it a day, Graham is not a safety, everybody else sucks.
CB--Let Gilmore walk. Anybody who is Chris Hogan's ***** for an entire game doesn't deserve a pay day.
Kicker--Carpenter has been nothing special the last two seasons, misses too many kicks and struggles with kick offs.

Mr. Cynical
10-30-2016, 03:55 PM
Chad Kelly. After that it doesn't matter. Trade 2 firsts and a 2 second. Whatever. Sick and f***ing tired of s*** QB play for 17 years. It has to end now.

LarryBoy
10-30-2016, 05:17 PM
Chad Kelly would be awesome...soooooo we'll never get him.

Mace
10-30-2016, 05:48 PM
Also :

-RB. They aren't going to get 16 games out of McCoy, I like Gillislee, but Bush & Williams cannot sustain a team that lives & dies on rushing offense.
-Guard and tackle. Mills & Miller are fine with McCoy running hot, but they don't pass block good enough against better teams.
-Training and conditioning staff. Maybe it's just me but the roster just doesn't look like it was prepared for a season. Maybe they need better coaching on technique & discipline, I don't know, but they're dropping like flies, in some cases come back, then go down again. I know every team has injuries, but this seems out of the ordinary to me at least.

They need a lot more than that from the staff too. They need to stop the damn penalties, they need to get plays off faster, they need a hurry up offense, and they need more creativity than the stale wildcat or halfback option pass will bring against good teams.

justasportsfan
10-30-2016, 06:09 PM
Headcoach

Crisis
10-30-2016, 06:54 PM
I think Rex will get another year no matter what so not putting coaching.

-WR.. Even if Sammy and Woods are healthy, we still need another threat on the outside. Maybe a flier on Josh Gordon, or Floyd in FA.
-RT
-CB.. I hope we don't give Gillmore what he's looking for
-SS/FS.. Aaron's career is probably over, Graham is older. Every time I see one of the backup safeties on the field I hold my breath.
-QB.. I think we all know what we have in Tyrod now, he's not going to win you any games with his arm. I have zero faith in our ability to being able to actually upgrade the position though so I'm hesitant to say I want him gone.
-K.. I've had enough of Carpenter

Not really a pressing need but we need a better 3rd/4th string RBs. Bush is awful and he's a rookie but I just don't see it with Jonathan Williams. He looks mediocre at his best.

Crisis
10-30-2016, 06:57 PM
Oh and Rex needs to get on the phone and beg Donnie Henderson to come back

Mr. Pink
10-30-2016, 11:34 PM
QB, HC, OC.

DraftBoy
10-31-2016, 06:48 AM
QB--Tyrod is not the guy, 175 yards per game, accuracy issues, unwillingness to throw the ball downfield (except for chuck-and-pray plays) isn't cutting it.
C--The time to replace Wood with a nasty Goliath was actually a few seasons ago.
WR--Too many china dolls with 'potential' on the roster now, not nearly enough real talent.
CB--Let Gilmore walk. Anybody who is Chris Hogan's ***** for an entire game doesn't deserve a pay day.
Kicker--Carpenter has been nothing special the last two seasons, misses too many kicks and struggles with kick offs.

I'll add another OT, OG, DT, and potentially another Mike LB to that as well.

OT - Glenn has continued to be solid but the RT spot has been inconsistent, we need a guy in there who can handle speed rushers better.
OG - Incognito has been very good and Miller has been solid, but the depth behind them is non-existent.
DT - Kyle Williams continues to defy the odds of time, but he's still getting older and when Dareus was suspended our DL leaked badly.
Mike LB - The Brown Brothers have been solid but not spectacular, getting Ragland back next year will help but I still feel like we need a sideline to sideline Mike who can run and hit.

Night Train
10-31-2016, 07:46 AM
An actual Offensive Coordinator with a new QB. Thanks for the 4 games, Lynn. Now return to the shadows.

The obvious positional needs have already been covered.

stuckincincy
10-31-2016, 12:45 PM

FWIW - here's one of those early mocks - this one from a CBS Sports chap:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2017-nfl-mock-draft-browns-get-jonathan-allen-and-deshaun-watson/

jills
10-31-2016, 01:06 PM
So many needs, so many crappy players... thankfully this guy is a "genius"

http://bngalleries.s3.amazonaws.com/gallery-images/2015/04/20/thumbnail/147170%20McCoy%20Sports%20Bills%20NFL%20draft%20luncheon%20%2002.JPG

paladin warrior
10-31-2016, 02:27 PM
Next year

1- Trade Sammy W for 1st round pick
2- Trade Robert Wood for 4th pick
3. Trade Senantre Henderson for 3rd pick
4. Trade Gilmore Stephon for 6th round pick
5. Cut Reggie Bush
6. Cut Eric Wood
7 .Cut Dan Carpenter
8. Cut Easley Marcus
9. Fire Doug W

paladin warrior
10-31-2016, 02:46 PM
Biggest Problem is Def is bad and Offense bad answer is WR
Sammy W is a weak link and he always hurt ..

8 best WR
Antonio Brown
Odell Beckham
Julio Jones
DeAndre Hopkins
A.J Green
Allen Robinson
Mike Evans
Amari Cooper

Sammy W is hopeless. He is Fu ck it and he is not Pro at all

Doug W is fu ck bad idea for to trade down get Sammy W and gave 1st round to Cleveland

djjimkelly
10-31-2016, 04:40 PM
all i know 18 mil a year for tyrod and how his salary hits with a big bonus in march 2017

qb is the main priority

everything will fall into place once qb play is just even average

im for drafting 1.5 qbs a year till we find one

Historian
11-04-2016, 06:25 AM
I think the need is at backup QB.
WRs. Woods is a third on any other team, which means we have no 1 or 2.
Replace Gilmore.
Replace the entire medical and training staffs. The lost game number for this team must be staggering.