PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Lynn without Shady

Crisis
10-30-2016, 06:47 PM
Anyone else think he's trying to get too cute without Shady?

The game was still within reach at the end of the 1st half and he completely abandons the run on the final drive of the half despite having two timeouts and Gillislee running well. That Reggie Bush option in the redzone was also such an awful playcall.

I mean, it's hard to judge the guy with all the injuries on offense but he's not exactly playing to our strengths when we're throwing the ball constantly to a bunch of journeyman WRs. Gillislee was running very well today, should have rode him longer. I understand having to throw the ball more when you're down, but we stopped being committed to the run when the game was still within reach. The only time this offense looks competent is when the running game is going. It's not like Gillislee looked bad (Bush is awful) today, hell he made me confident that we could have won last week if we stuck with him more.

Mr. Cynical
10-30-2016, 07:00 PM
Anyone else think he's trying to get too cute without Shady?

The game was still within reach at the end of the 1st half and he completely abandons the run on the final drive of the half despite having two timeouts and Gillislee running well. That Reggie Bush option in the redzone was also such an awful playcall.

I mean, it's hard to judge the guy with all the injuries on offense but he's not exactly playing to our strengths when we're throwing the ball constantly to a bunch of journeyman WRs. Gillislee was running very well today, should have rode him longer. I understand having to throw the ball more when you're down, but we stopped being committed to the run when the game was still within reach. The only time this offense looks competent is when the running game is going. It's not like Gillislee looked bad (Bush is awful) today, hell he made me confident that we could have won last week if we stuck with him more.

Yeah he's got to STOP with the trick plays. Last week he pulls that direct snap to Gillislee on our own 20 and first down and it gets blown up. It ended up screwing us on that drive, and I'd argue helped put the game out of reach.

Just. Stop.

Mace
10-30-2016, 07:00 PM
I wanted to get mad at him, Taylor, Wildcat Lee, Whaley (for the running back personnel), training staff & conditioning, the defense for letting Brady go wild, the offensive line, and Brandon to give Fo Sho some material, but I didn't drink any and I'm calming down now.

Can't be sure about him until they beat good teams or lose consistently through upcoming games against good teams, but they still have Roman's installed playbook designed for a committed rushing offense without a meaningful passing offense using a QB who couldn't execute it anyway.

I'd probably blame the installed design of the offense more than I'd blame anything else at this point. It's basically meant to bring knives to potential gunfights, and set in stone with the people to do that, so no helping it.

Turf
10-30-2016, 07:07 PM
This may not sound right, but Rex needs to lose his hard on for Bush.

jamze132
10-30-2016, 07:56 PM
Bush serves no purpose.

kingJofNYC
10-30-2016, 08:13 PM
Bush shouldn't run the ball, you want to put him in the slot and throw him the rock, fine, but I'd rather he never run the ball at all.

With regards to Lynn, his QB isn't accurate and our WRs are dead, not too much he can do. It's a mess on O, much of it personnel based.

BertSquirtgum
10-31-2016, 01:05 AM
Past two weeks looked like Greg Roman came back to town. I don't know what the **** Anthony Lynn is thinking.