PDA

View Full Version : Bills have to make a play for WR... right?

The King
10-31-2016, 09:40 AM
Tate got his brains scrambled. Bush is a disaster. The Bills are down to a hobbled Woods, Justin Hunter and maybe Powell, though he's banged up too. Clay is a mess - although I like Oleary. Bills have to make a move. It doesn't have to be Torey Smith but they have to do something.

Look for a veteran who can catch on quickly.

And can we please cut Bush, like now.

Joe Fo Sho
10-31-2016, 09:51 AM
Wide receiver is the least important position on our football team right now with the offensive scheme that we run and a RB/QB who refuses to take any chances.

Pinkerton Security
10-31-2016, 09:58 AM
I'd have to agree with Mr. Fo Sho. Our receivers were open a decent amount and Tyrod missed them quite often. We are a running team, and we also cannot afford to give up any assets for a position that just isn't a real priority.

trapezeus
10-31-2016, 09:59 AM
why make a move, this isn't a playoff team and TT isn't accurate. he isn't going to be aided by the best WR in the game, and he's not going to be much worse with the most ineffective WR in the game. we need to start asking if his inaccuracy is one of the driving reason for the increase in injuries. he has guys up in the air, fully exposed taking brutal shots. the foot injuries aren't his fault, but the concussions might be.

Night Train
10-31-2016, 10:15 AM
I'd have to agree with Mr. Fo Sho. Our receivers were open a decent amount and Tyrod missed them quite often

Agreed but they dropped several easy ones the last couple of weeks on 3rd down, which kills us.

Mahdi
10-31-2016, 10:18 AM
Wide receiver is the least important position on our football team right now with the offensive scheme that we run and a RB/QB who refuses to take any chances.

I would argue that although the passing game is not the focal point of our offense, our QB needs competent receivers who can create clear separation because he isn't going to be throwing anyone open.

That being said, I don't know how much better Torry Smith is over Walter Powell or Justin Hunter. Powell actually got good separation from some pretty decent CBs yesterday and made a real tough catch on the sideline while taking a big hit.

If there is a vet WR out there that can be added for nothing then why not.

At this point though, I think TE is an even bigger need. Clay has been injured since we signed him and its evident he had chronic knee injuries in Miami.

Historian
10-31-2016, 10:20 AM
What's Peerless Price doing these days?

Joe Fo Sho
10-31-2016, 10:21 AM
I would argue that although the passing game is not the focal point of our offense, our QB needs competent receivers who can create clear separation because he isn't going to be throwing anyone open.
I would argue that we have a bigger QB problem than WR problem then.

If there is a vet WR out there that can be added for nothing then why not.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with this, although I'm not sure who's available that would be able to add significant value to the team.

Mahdi
10-31-2016, 10:28 AM
I would argue that we have a bigger QB problem than WR problem then.

That's a whole other discussion. Tyrod is what he is, escape pressure, make plays, run for a 20 yard TD, force defenses into zone coverage, good deep ball, extend plays etc.

You can win a lot of games with that and a good running game and good defense. Not likely to get you deep into playoffs though.

Joe Fo Sho
10-31-2016, 10:31 AM
That's a whole other discussion. Tyrod is what he is, escape pressure, make plays, run for a 20 yard TD, force defenses into zone coverage, good deep ball, extend plays etc.
You can win a lot of games with that and a good running game and good defense. Not likely to get you deep into playoffs though.
Sure he is what he is, but we're stuck with what he is. That's a QB who won't take chances and refuses to use WRs to their full ability. That lowers the value of that position.

Until we change our offense/QB, I don't see us trading for a quality WR. I think it would be a waste.

justasportsfan
10-31-2016, 10:32 AM

If you have a qb that can throw into tight spaces, you may not need receivers that can get open. TT was either throwing high passes or passes where the receiver had to dive yesterday.

The way Tyrod plays, we needs more blockers than receivers. He cant see them anyways unless he's running around

Mr. Pink
10-31-2016, 11:43 AM
Why?

So whoever we trade for can get like 3-4 looks a game?

Why waste whatever resource we'd use to acquire that player?

The King
10-31-2016, 11:45 AM
Why?

So whoever we trade for can get like 3-4 looks a game?

Why waste whatever resource we'd use to acquire that player?

Because they're selling the illusion that this team isn't done.

Forward_Lateral
10-31-2016, 11:52 AM
Problem is, who do you get? The team has a ton of issues right now. Tough to beat anyone when you get 38 hung on you for fun. What were the Pats on 3rd down yesterday? 20 for 21? Seemed like it anyways. The Bills' secondary, again, is awful. Can't cover anything. Can't play man. Can't play zone. Just brutal.

Forward_Lateral
10-31-2016, 11:53 AM
While they are 4-4, they sure don't look like a playoff team to me. Playoff teams don't get embarrassed at home, by a divisional opponent. It's happened twice already this season to the Bills.

stuckincincy
10-31-2016, 12:31 PM

True.

And given that it normally takes time for qbs and receivers to develop a rapport, I can't see how a new acquisition would help that much.

I've noticed through the years that clubs without much in the way of WR talent tend to call numerous shortish come-back and quick out patterns in an attempt to keep the defense from clogging up the run. Dink'n dunk can move the ball and chew up the clock and keep your own D fresher.

malvado78
10-31-2016, 01:09 PM
Tate got his brains scrambled. Bush is a disaster. The Bills are down to a hobbled Woods, Justin Hunter and maybe Powell, though he's banged up too. Clay is a mess - although I like Oleary. Bills have to make a move. It doesn't have to be Torey Smith but they have to do something.

So I just got done reading MMQB as it is a guilty pleasure and Kings take for the Jets:e. If I’m Jets GM Mike Maccagnan, and I get offered a third-round pick for Brandon Marshall on Tuesday, I’d take it.

“I think it's unrealistic to think you’re going to win your division … How many games are they up now? Three? That team is three games up on us and at the halfway point they've lost one game. And No. 12 is back. So yeah, I don't see that happening.”
—Buffalo coach Rex Ryan, after the Patriots beat the Bills easily Sunday.
Must be nice. It’s Halloween, nine weeks left in the regular season, and the second-place team in the division says, No mas
Sounds like Ryan is not selling the illusion anymore... Though I am not sure any one though the Bills we winning the division this year.<body id="cke_pastebin" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; left: -1000px;">

“I think it's unrealistic to think you’re going to win your division … How many games are they up now? Three? That team is three games up on us and at the halfway point they've lost one game. And No. 12 is back. So yeah, I don't see that happening.”
—Buffalo coach Rex Ryan, after the Patriots beat the Bills easily Sunday.
</body>