PDA

View Full Version : Balls/Goats Week 2

Shiny Chicken
09-15-2002, 07:40 PM
Balls:
Josh Reed - the steal of thedraft
Peerless Price - He's actually starting to be consistently good!
Rogers
Mike Hollis (even though he missed the OT FG, he got a 50 and a 54 yarder, that ain't bad)
Honorary mention - Bledsoe - he had a solid game

Goats
Henry - Where was he?
Gilbride - For calling a pass when they were at the 19 in OT
O-line - definitely not near their performance last week
Coverage Team - For giving up another huge return

StillLurkin
09-15-2002, 07:42 PM
bledsoe, all the WR's, and hollis

no goats for me, cuz its a win baby!

4thAndLong
09-15-2002, 07:42 PM
Cant blame run game on Henry, he had NO WHERE to go. Rogers had 1 good play, otherwise he blew returns. Gilbride had a good game overall. Coverage team was better, except for one time.

Balls

Bledsoe
Price
Reed

Goats

OL

SoCalBillsFan
09-15-2002, 07:46 PM
Bledsoe!

71 pct completion rate, 463 yards, 3 td's, no INT's!

Captain gameboy
09-15-2002, 07:51 PM
Balls.
1. Hollis. What a difference it makes haveing a kicker. No problems from me missing the 47 yarder.
2. And most important. Gilbride, for the second week in a row. I don't give a rat's ass about that call that resulted in a sack. I credit Drew for not throwing a pick on the play.Going with the no huddle in overtime was awesome. We owned their D in the OT. He and Bledsoe are a great match.
3. Schobel. Looked OK, better than that in fact.

Goats. None from here, the game was too much fun.

BillsMan80
09-15-2002, 08:39 PM
Balls
1. Bledsoe
2. Hollis
3. Schobel
4. OT Defense
5. Instant Replay

Goats
NONE...

quizlet2003
09-15-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Benjudah
Balls:
Josh Reed - the steal of thedraft
Peerless Price - He's actually starting to be consistently good!
Rogers
Mike Hollis (even though he missed the OT FG, he got a 50 and a 54 yarder, that ain't bad)
Honorary mention - Bledsoe - he had a solid game

Goats
Henry - Where was he?
Gilbride - For calling a pass when they were at the 19 in OT
O-line - definitely not near their performance last week
Coverage Team - For giving up another huge return

BLEDSOE- HONORARY MENTION.... LMFAO- Are you serious? He had 460 yards and like 4 TD's. That is a BUFFALO BILLS ALL-TIME RECORD....

LMFAO

DraftBoy
09-15-2002, 08:48 PM
Balls:
Bledsoe
Reed
Price
Newman
Hollis
Rogers

Goats:
DL
ST coverage
ST coach

Novacane
09-15-2002, 08:49 PM
Balls.......Bledsoe, Price, and Rogers for his KO return. That was huge!

Goats.........None! We won!

venis2k1
09-15-2002, 08:49 PM
71 pct completion rate, 463 yards, 3 td's, no INT's, welcome to buffalo. Also he passed 30,000 career passing yards in that game. Where did henry go? Where ever he went, he took moulds with him.

mybills
09-15-2002, 08:53 PM
Game Ball -
P.Price a.k.a. my member #
Hollis..btw, it was a (52) & a 54
Josh Reed...(edited)
Bledsoe, for landing on the ball.

Goats -
me, anti biotics = beer is off limits!

Bledsoe too, except for OT. I know all those 20, 30 + yd passes add up to make him look good,
but c'mon now, he really didn't LOOK good untill OT. :rolleyes:

Shiny Chicken
09-15-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
Where ever he went, he took moulds with him.

last I knew 8 for 86 wasn't too bad... sure doesn't look as good next to Prices and Reed's stats, but he wasn't shut down.

And I hadn't seen Drew's stats when I posted this... so yeah, he definitely gets a game ball... I still think Price gets the top ball though... we've been waiting for so long for him to finally come into his proime and I think he finally has.

NFL defenses will now tremble in fear of the the Bills receivers...

DraftBoy
09-15-2002, 09:04 PM
He showed up way too late. We needed him all game. Moulds that is.

Shiny Chicken
09-15-2002, 09:10 PM
you're not factoring in the fact though, that the Vikings were covering Eric heavier than Peerless or Josh... hence Peerless and Josh racking up huge yardage.

Shiny Chicken
09-15-2002, 09:11 PM
Just saw the stats for the game... ALL, I repeat all of our receivers, meaning everyone who caught a ball for the Bills today averaged over 10 yards per reception, now that's impressive...

Novacane
09-15-2002, 09:12 PM
You tell em Benjudah! 86 yards ain't to shabby. Why do people think Josh Reed was open over the middle all day! Because Moulds was drawing double coverage!

Shiny Chicken
09-15-2002, 09:15 PM
exactly, I'm not going to complain when Eric is drawing double coverage, allowing our other excellent receivers to get open and still catches 8 balls for 86 yards, tha's just as commendable as Peerless's or Josh's playing.

I do know think that we may have one of the best receiving corps in the league...

lordofgun
09-15-2002, 09:18 PM
Balls - The whole freaking team!

Bums - The only one I'm going to give a BUM to is the Run Blockers. They didn't open many holes. That said, this is still a borderline call since the Vikes often had 8, even 9 guys in the box to stop the run. That's the beauty of this offense...Stop the run, we'll beat you with the pass...stop the pass (yeah right), and we'll run it down your throat. I love feeling that we can score on any play.

Shiny Chicken
09-15-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
That's the beauty of this offense...Stop the run, we'll beat you with the pass...stop the pass (yeah right), and we'll run it down your throat. I love feeling that we can score on any play.

Excactly my sentiments LOG... our offense is in two words, extremely dangerous

Shiny Chicken
09-15-2002, 09:23 PM
we don't have triplets, we have quintuplets...

Bledsoe-Henry-Moulds-Price-Reed

venis2k1
09-15-2002, 09:30 PM
I'm not too happy about henry, its not his fault that they didn't give it to him too much, but when they did in the redzone, he fumbled...fumbled.

northernbillfan
09-15-2002, 09:31 PM
Game Goat: ME, I'm sad I had to miss the game. Working this afternoon, and it wasn't on local cable to tape.

Game Ball: Mrs Northern, for putting up with me phoning every half hour for a score update.

lordofgun
09-15-2002, 09:31 PM
Riemersma, Centers can be added as well...this offense couls rival the champion Rams.

lordofgun
09-15-2002, 09:32 PM
Henry has GOT to stop fumbling...i agree wholeheartedly!

Shiny Chicken
09-15-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Riemersma, Centers can be added as well...this offense couls rival the champion Rams.

I don't think our line is good enough for us to say that yet, but it's getting there.

Michael82
09-15-2002, 09:37 PM
Game Balls:
1. Drew Bledsoe (YEAH BABY! 463 yards passing!!!)
2. Josh Reed (Definitely my new favorite player...he was all over the place and will be Rookie of the Year)
3. Peerless Price (Please sign this player to an extension, TD...we need to keep him. He's very awesome!)
4. Eric Moulds (Made some nice catches when we needed it and drew double and triple coverage to let the other receivers get open!)
5. Jay Riemersma (This is the Jay that we all want to see. He was open at just the right time and got the neccessary yardage for a 1st down)
6. Mike Hollis (Broke his record of 53 with a 54 yard FG!!!)
7. Kevin Gilbride (Great coaching and plays)
8. Defensive Line (gave a lot of pressure)
9. Referees (Thet got most of the calls right and even gave us some calls that shocked me)

Goats:
1. Offensive line (gave up too many sacks and left NO holes for Travis!)
2. All the linebackers except for Keith Newman (How could you let those Minnesota scrub RBs run all over us!!?!?!?)
3. Some questionable coaching calls....going for 2 when that one point would have given us the win....going for a pass when you are at the 19 yard line in overtime.

Butch
09-15-2002, 09:40 PM
Why hasn't anyone named out secondary a goat? They were AWFUL today.

Balls:
1. Bledsoe
2. Hollis
3. WRs

Goats:
1. Entire secondary
2. OL
3. Kick coverage

venis2k1
09-15-2002, 10:36 PM
The Secondary Played Great i though. Watson stepped up and played well when Winfeild Came out. Winfeild Killed Moss. Clements looked like a Blanket out there. Jenkins sucks. Wire is gonna be sick next year, and looked solid today, Preilou(sp?) looked really solid.

venis2k1
09-15-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Benjudah

I don't think our line is good enough for us to say that yet, but it's getting there.(on the rams)

The Rams have lost 6 straight games, Superbowl, 4 preseason(i know they dont count), and first 2 this season. i don't see what the big deal is.

Butch
09-15-2002, 11:00 PM
The Secondary Played Great i though. Watson stepped up and played well when Winfeild Came out. Winfeild Killed Moss. Clements looked like a Blanket out there. Jenkins sucks. Wire is gonna be sick next year, and looked solid today, Preilou(sp?) looked really solid.

We gave up nearly 300 yards passing and got no INTs. Clements was beaten on several plays, including one for a TD. Not exactly great or "like a blanket".

venis2k1
09-15-2002, 11:16 PM
They had 47 attemps, we only had 49 and passed for 463. Moss had 1 Td, and he was completly covered. how many people in the league can make that nasty 1 handed catch. nothing we could do about it.

timfromjersey
09-15-2002, 11:42 PM
Game balls:
1. Peerless Price. All I got to say is WOW! Alright, I got a little more to say. A lot of you were so down on Price and now you're singing his praises. Sometimes there's more than meets the eye regarding a players previous perfomances, like qbs who can't or won't deliver the ball to Price 'cause of no confidence in him (See Rob Johnson.)

2. Drew Bledsoe. All I got to say is WOW! Alright, again, I got a little more to say. Like I said before the season and after last weeks game, Bledsoe has never had a recieving package like this. His output was totally predictabe if you stop laboring on minor negatives about last week's performance.

3. Aaron Shobel (I'm amazed very few people listed him,) he had 5 tackles and 3 sacks, one sack directly leading to a fumble and touchdown. For those who didn't mention him, what the hell do you want?

Earlier in this thread, Butch gave the goat to entire secondary. That is not correct. Pierson Prioleau had 12 tackles, 10 solo. Because of his steady tackling and great positional play, he kept William and Bennet from gaining over 200 yards combined with multiple tds. He gets my no. 4 game ball.
4. Pierson Prioleau

Mybills said in this thread that Bledsoe didn't really look good until overtime. Is that when he threw his 71 comp. %. You were joking right?

5. Hollis. Who cares about the missed FG, he made a career longest at the end of regulation. That's clutch!

Goats:

1. Special teams. Still a problem despite Rogers runback.

2. Henry. Not because of rushing stats, that is explained by what the Viking defense gave the Bill's offense. But he cannot continue to fumble in the Redzone. That is unacceptable.

3. Rushing defense as a whole.

Michael82
09-15-2002, 11:56 PM
Oops, I knew I forgot somebody...how can you forget Schobel? He was AWESOME!!! :D

venis2k1
09-16-2002, 12:06 AM
isn't Hollis on Spec. Teams?

kgun12
09-16-2002, 12:09 AM
Can't disagree with any of the Game Balls

GOATS:
1. RUBEEEEEEN the weak link in this OL
2. LBers
3. Kick off coverage.
4. Henry got to stop fumbling!

timfromjersey
09-16-2002, 12:22 AM
A good performance by Hollis hardly covers for poor tackling (or blocking as the case may be.) by ten other Sp. Team's players. Hollis is a proven vet and I have never been worried about him, just the rest of the Sp. Teams players, whose play has been lackluster at best.

venis2k1
09-16-2002, 12:32 AM
I'm sure Peerless Price's Agent is doing back flips after tonights game, dont forget his contract is up at the end of this year.

The_Philster
09-16-2002, 05:10 AM
I'm sure Peerless Price's Agent is doing back flips after tonights game, dont forget his contract is up at the end of this year.

That's the only negative I see in his playing so well.....thank God we have Josh.

mybills
09-16-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by timfromjersey

Mybills said in this thread that Bledsoe didn't really look good until overtime. Is that when he threw his 71 comp. %. You were joking right?

No, I'm not joking. He played like he did last week, until OT. I think it's funny how so many people go by stats. Last week everyone was raggin' on him about his stats, but his actual performance was the same thing this week with much diff stats. If you don't go by stats, and you look at his "RJ type of holding on to the ball too long" performance, then you understand what I mean. On his 5th sack, I said to myself..let's see, next week it'll be 6 sacks...then poof...he's sacked again. Sorry but, they gave him all kinds of time to throw in both games, and he's still waiting for his intial intended to get open. Look around quicker Drew and get rid of the ball!!! That's what I want from him! That game should have been won in regular time, and he was partly to blame because of this. I don't care what his stats say! JMO.

timfromjersey
09-16-2002, 09:28 AM
I'm sorry Mybills, but I think you are wrong about this. I'm not neccesarily a stats guy, and I did not rag about his performance in game one, like some of the other gloom and doomer Bills fans. I simply think you are looking at this the wrong way.

This 2002 Bills team is using a Vertical passing attack. With Bledsoes arm and these recievers, it is the wholly correct approach. In a vertically passing attack, you go long alot, that means waiting for your recievers to get open downfield. His sack numbers are directly a result of this style of play and his high numbers of attempts. It's statistically a numbers game. More attemps/ more sacks.

However, to me, Bledsoe has been showing me incredible patience, poise and intelligence in the pocket and the ability to make the big play. And to do that, some times he is going to throw into tight coverage, hence the interceptions in week one. Being at the game, some of his big completions, he threw the ball pinpoint into tight or double coverage. Amazing throws really.

In Sundays game, he threw so many attemps yet had no interceptions, that in itself is remarkable. Combined with 71% completion, with the inflated ypc the three wideouts had, I'd say he had a perfect game. His sacks do not equate with Rob Johnsons because Rob played west coast ball where you are supposed to deliver the ball quickly. Rob was indecisive. Drew is patient and sees the field much better.

Drew has far suceeded my expectations so far this season and I, unlike other chronic complainers, am completely satisfied with his play thus far.

mybills
09-16-2002, 09:34 AM
Don't be sorry Tim, like I said, it was just my opinion. I see him playing like he did in N.E. the last few years, but in OT I saw him playing like he did in N.E. years ago. I guess you'd call it a visual opinion.

JayWood
09-16-2002, 09:43 AM
Game Balls go to Bledsoe, Reed, Hollis, and the coaching staff for bringing a well thought out game plan to the game
Goats- Iam with everyone else, we won so I dont have any

Butch
09-16-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by timfromjersey
Game balls:

Earlier in this thread, Butch gave the goat to entire secondary. That is not correct. Pierson Prioleau had 12 tackles, 10 solo. Because of his steady tackling and great positional play, he kept William and Bennet from gaining over 200 yards combined with multiple tds. He gets my no. 4 game ball.
4. Pierson Prioleau

Because our safety gets 12 tackles that pardons our secondary from a poor performance? How many his tackles were because our corners let their man beat them and make the reception downfield? If our secondary was playing well as a unit, Pierson wouldn't have 12 tackles.

timfromjersey
09-17-2002, 11:04 AM
No butch,

I believe a big portion of his tackles were on run support, on account of the fact the Viking runners seem to have little trouble getting past the d-line and linebackers.