PDA

View Full Version : Percy harvin

Jaybird
11-01-2016, 09:50 AM
we have signed him out of retirement...

The Bills have re-signed WR Percy Harvin out of retirement, sources tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter

Buffalogic
11-01-2016, 09:51 AM
WOW

Yasgur's Farm
11-01-2016, 10:01 AM
Got me by 10 seconds... https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Pinkerton Security
11-01-2016, 10:02 AM
Welp, idk if he can hurt at this point. I doubt he makes much of a difference either way though

Buffalogic
11-01-2016, 10:05 AM
I think the bills are trying to trade for a WR. This may be their attempt at having another team bring their asking price down.

Yasgur's Farm
11-01-2016, 10:05 AM
Welp, idk if he can hurt at this point. I doubt he makes much of a difference either way thoughStop... This makes a huge difference! But probably won't play until after the bye IMO.

Night Train
11-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Explains why my hip started hurting.

feldspar
11-01-2016, 10:11 AM
Surprising, for sure.

Good move though, I think. Can't hurt at least. He's familiar with the team...we'd be hard-pressed to get any fresh-meat who could contribute any time soon because of the learning curve.

I like it.

Buffalogic
11-01-2016, 10:16 AM
Rex just can't quit Percy.

Mahdi
11-01-2016, 10:18 AM
Bills always manage to create intrigue.

I like the signing as I remember him outplaying Sammy early on last year and being Tyrod's go to guy.

Also has good deep ball skills. If he's fit and healthy its a great move.

Skooby
11-01-2016, 10:27 AM
Maybe he can keep his head straight for a few months, maybe a few games.

OLDSRIP
11-01-2016, 10:31 AM
How long until he pulls a hamstring?

The King
11-01-2016, 10:34 AM
A no risk move. What's not to like?

SpikedLemonade
11-01-2016, 10:37 AM
Explains why my hip started hurting.

It wasn't due to the weather in Grand Rapids, Michigan?

HAMMER
11-01-2016, 10:45 AM
A no risk move. What's not to like?

Yeah. Very low risk. I hope he can stay on the field and contribute, we need the help badly.

casdhf
11-01-2016, 10:48 AM
He should know the basics of the offense. Hopefully he didn't spend his retirement around Karlos

Forward_Lateral
11-01-2016, 10:49 AM
He should be able to play pretty quickly. He should know the offense enough to play on passing downs anyways.

I bet he suits up Monday

trapezeus
11-01-2016, 10:50 AM
a great deal for percy. he can go to his home in seattle to collect the last of his things on company dime and then go on IR after the bye. he will end the season with 7 catches for 85 yards and 1 TD.

Forward_Lateral
11-01-2016, 10:56 AM
7 catches for 85 yards and 1 TD.
If those are all on Monday, I'll take it

Mace
11-01-2016, 10:59 AM
How long until he pulls a hamstring?

2-3 practices.

zone
11-01-2016, 11:02 AM
Great move, it was clear he had great chemistry with Tryod on the deep ball.

Ed
11-01-2016, 11:15 AM
I like this a lot. I didn't think this was even an option since he retired, but he's probably better than anyone else they could have brought in. He looked like our best offensive player last year for the first 4-5 weeks of the season and he should still have some familiarity with the offense and Tyrod.

I'm not expecting Sammy Watkins to return this year, but he's eligible to return for the Jags game. Having both Watkins and Harvin together for the last 6 games of the season would be pretty awesome.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-01-2016, 11:16 AM
Tate is concussed, ee need a kick returner now

Victor7
11-01-2016, 11:33 AM
Regular Harvin was injury prone. This is off the couch Harvin guys.

Setting the line at 2.5 games and taking the under before he joins the injury report

Appreciate the effort from Whaley but this has fail written all over it.

Mahdi
11-01-2016, 12:12 PM

Setting the line at 2.5 games and taking the under before he joins the injury report

Maybe he needed to just rest up a bit and now he's ready to roll... Like what Moss did in Oakland before going to NE.

Historian
11-01-2016, 12:20 PM
They need somebody.

The bullpen is empty.

EDS
11-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Hopefully, Harvin is playing gratis given the dead cap space the Bills have from their prior relationship with him.

I guess if you are going to go sign an injury prone head case best to do so when the signing is intended only as a short term band aid.

WagonCircler
11-01-2016, 12:36 PM
Does this seem like the type of move that an organization that really has its act together and that's ahead of the curve and outsmarting everybody else makes, or is forced to make?

No. This is a typical, Doug Whaley chasing his own tail move.

This organization is a complete disorganized mess and will fail again to make the playoffs.

feldspar
11-01-2016, 12:47 PM
Does this seem like the type of move that an organization that really has its act together and that's ahead of the curve and outsmarting everybody else makes, or is forced to make?

No. This is a typical, Doug Whaley chasing his own tail move.

This organization is a complete disorganized mess and will fail again to make the playoffs.

This seems like the type of move any GM would consider when his team is literally down to his 4th receiver trying to be the #1.

Injuries adding up.

Novacane
11-01-2016, 12:47 PM
What else are they supposed to do? I don't expect much but it's worth a try.

paladin warrior
11-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Rex Should have get Anquan Boldin for 1 or 2 year before

Victor7
11-01-2016, 01:21 PM
Maybe he needed to just rest up a bit and now he's ready to roll... Like what Moss did in Oakland before going to NE.
Doubt it. He was injury prone when he was 100% dedicated to football. Imagine now that he's coming off retirement.

Buffalogic
11-01-2016, 01:42 PM
Low risk with most likely low reward, but there's potential.

TacklingDummy
11-01-2016, 02:57 PM
Maybe we can bring Jim Kelly out of retirement too. He'd be more useful then Harvin and his 1 game then injuried for rest of year.

Buffalogic
11-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Let's bring in T.O. and Moss and have the all 2009 wr core.

justasportsfan
11-01-2016, 03:39 PM

thats the spirit Mahdi.

In reality , Dareus could probably outsprint Harvin right now while eating Cheetos

YardRat
11-01-2016, 06:04 PM
At least we didn't have to give up a draft pick...that's the most optimism I can feel.

Victor already beat me to it, but I was thinking about 2 or 3 games before Percy's vagina acts up again also.

swiper
11-01-2016, 06:08 PM
Got me by 10 seconds... https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

From this site:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwM2wrhXgAAR3-U.jpg

The Bills could have had two of those guys.

swiper
11-01-2016, 06:11 PM
This seems like the type of move any GM would consider when his team is literally down to his 4th receiver trying to be the #1.

Injuries adding up.

Yeah this. I agree with wagon. Of all possible choices this was stupid. Whaley will tell us all that Harvin "knows the offense," but there had to be better choices.

swiper
11-01-2016, 06:13 PM
thats the spirit Mahdi.

In reality , Dareus could probably outsprint Harvin right now while eating Cheetos

Mahdi = stupidity 1.0.

Mace
11-01-2016, 07:07 PM
Que sera sera. I don't really think hiring a brittle guy to solve a problem caused by having brittle guys is a sound strategy, but at this point, whatever. He's not going to transform Taylor into a gunslinger who directs his passing offense for 300 yards a game, 4 td's and 40 points in a shootout, but he'll be better than Terrell Owens at 42 and out of the game 6 years until he lames up his hamstrings after a few practices and his hip starts acting up after a couple games.

stuckincincy
11-01-2016, 10:06 PM
This thread might induce a migraine.

Mahdi
11-02-2016, 07:47 AM
thats the spirit Mahdi.

That was a joke about Moss resting in Oakland and putting in no effort then exploding in NE.

Bills bringing in Harvin is zero risk with potential reward so I'm all for it. He's a good player when healthy so hopefully he was able to take care of his body over the last 6 months.

Saratoga Slim
11-02-2016, 03:50 PM
You guys are nuts. We're already down to relying on receivers that we pulled off the junk pile (Hunter and Tate) and practice squad material like Walt Powell. If you're calling out Whaley right now, where were you when he signed Ed Eagan or TEs like Manessah Garner and Gerald Christian? Cause those are the type of guys that are available in FA. And whom we've already tried.

Of COURSE this is a desperation move by Whaley. What the hell else kind of move is there to make in week 8? There are zero good options in free agency, and anyone who thinks we can just trade for someone plays too much Madden. It won't likely pay off but who cares.

WagonCircler
11-02-2016, 04:31 PM
Yeah this. I agree with wagon. Of all possible choices this was stupid. Whaley will tell us all that Harvin "knows the offense," but there had to be better choices.

It's not even the specific choice that's so troubling. It's the fact that it's obviously not a coincidence or a temporary situation that the Bills are ALWAYS in injury hell.

I believe that Whaley either by design or by carelessness, drafts injury prone players. And by design, I mean that he drafts "name" players from football factories who have slipped in the draft due to injury concerns, in order to generate a preseason buzz to sell tickets. And let's face it, selling tickets is clearly the true goal of this organization.

Whaley is a failure. Pure and simple. But the injury excuse keeps buying him more time. It's sickening.

Mr. Miyagi
11-02-2016, 04:31 PM
Just in time for Seattle, the team who sent him to the Jets. Revenge game!

Can we also get Jim Kelly out of retirement?

The last buffalo fan
11-02-2016, 08:00 PM
Just in time for Seattle, the team who sent him to the Jets. Revenge game!
I like it! :up:

trapezeus
11-03-2016, 04:39 PM
I am fine with the move, we are desperate and it didn't cost anything. they have holes on WR next year with woods and Goodwin out. so they need picks to get more WRs. To trade for a mediocre one is terrible. but signing harvin is no different than doing nothing. I think the 2 game over under is a solid line. he gets hurt in the second game. this team isn't built to go anywhere. Fully healthy, getting all the breaks, they are a wildcard team that goes no where.

BertSquirtgum
11-04-2016, 01:26 AM
Did he get hurting signing his contract?

Historian
11-04-2016, 06:05 AM
It's not even the specific choice that's so troubling. It's the fact that it's obviously not a coincidence or a temporary situation that the Bills are ALWAYS in injury hell.

This.

And for the life of me I can't figure it out.

The only coincidence to me is that the injury bug seemed to develop when they moved the training camp from the natural grass of Fredonia, to the fake turf at Brandon's alma mater.

But who the hell knows?

TacklingDummy
12-05-2016, 10:05 PM
Maybe we can bring Jim Kelly out of retirement too. He'd be more useful then Harvin and his 1 game then injuried for rest of year.
Nailed it.

Victor7
12-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Nailed it.
Sort of

I nailed it 100%

Harvin played in 2 games. Producing a mind boggling 2 catches for 6 yards. Money well spent Whaley. Good job!

DynaPaul
12-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Man, I wish I could get paid all that money and then not have to play by saying I have a headache. Percy fleeced us good. Whaley, don't ever sign this bum again.