PDA

View Full Version : Bills LB Alexander named AFC Defensive Player of the Month

feldspar
11-07-2016, 11:27 AM
Bills linebacker Lorenzo Alexander has been named the NFL’s AFC Defensive Player of the Month for October...

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/22925142.php?contentType=4&contentId=18986617

Just sayin'...

swiper
11-07-2016, 12:33 PM
He's playing tonight, right?

feldspar
11-07-2016, 12:54 PM
He's playing tonight, right?

I think so.

They listed him as questionable with a hamstring. He didn't practice until Friday, and was limited in practice on Friday and Saturday...I know that.

I think he'll play. Seems likely. Doubt he'll play on Special Teams if and when he does play...don't forget he does that well too.

He was also named to SI's NFL Midseason All-Pro team.

It made no sense to me at the time for the Bills to cut Manny Lawson like they did. Now I see why...seems like somebody knew what they were looking at.

EDS
11-07-2016, 01:00 PM
Well, the good and bad news is that he has priced himself out of Buffalo for next year.

Joe Fo Sho
11-07-2016, 01:08 PM
Well, the good and bad news is that he has priced himself out of Buffalo for next year.
I wonder how much a 34 year old LB would be asking for.

feldspar
11-07-2016, 01:11 PM

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Nobody is going to give him a long-term contract at age 33, and that's a bad age to wonder if a player is a one-year-wonder, if you will.

Plus, he's a great fit for this particular defense and I bet he loves it here...just a guess.

He'll see a significant spike in pay if the Bills retain him, for sure...but nothing too astronomical IMO. We have another great prospect that will be ready to fill that hole, but I think Alexander would consider staying at a reasonable price and eventually be a rotational guy. His age has a lot to do with everything.

feldspar
11-07-2016, 01:13 PM

I hate it when someone else makes my point while I'm typing.

justasportsfan
11-07-2016, 01:43 PM
I find it weird that the guys we found on the street happen to have the best stats on the team. Zach Brown no.1 in tackles in the nfl. Alexander no. 2 in sacks.

Both these guys are the biggest contributors/reason the team is ranked 16th in the league so far.

If it weren't for us sifting through the garbage , would this team be at the bottom of the league?

Joe Fo Sho
11-07-2016, 01:46 PM
I find it weird that the guys we found on the street happen to have the best stats on the team. Zach Brown no.1 in tackles in the nfl. Alexander no. 2 in sacks.
Both these guys are the biggest contributors/reason the team is ranked 16th in the league so far.
If it weren't for us sifting through the garbage , would this team be at the bottom of the league?
You could ask it the other way, too. How good would this team be if our healthy starters were playing?

justasportsfan
11-07-2016, 01:51 PM
You could ask it the other way, too. How good would this team be if our healthy starters were playing?

Fair enough although I don't think our top 2 draftees would've made those numbers. If those rookies would have, then we're have a huge problem when the vet's are being outplayed by our rookies.

feldspar
11-07-2016, 01:56 PM

Why not just give Whaley credit and leave it at that?

Joe Fo Sho
11-07-2016, 02:01 PM
Fair enough although I don't think our top 2 draftees would've made those numbers. If those rookies would have, then we're have a huge problem when the vet's are being outplayed by our rookies.
Doesn't seem to be a problem for the Cowboys.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people don't believe that Whaley makes any decisions.

Skooby
11-07-2016, 02:08 PM
Exactly, it's a limited amount.

Night Train
11-07-2016, 02:35 PM

No he hasn't. He's 33 and having a once in a lifetime season.

justasportsfan
11-07-2016, 02:58 PM

I have no problem with that. I don't dislike Whaley at all. Other than finding a franchise qb and headcoaches I don't have problems with his player moves.

EDS
11-07-2016, 03:06 PM
No he hasn't. He's 33 and having a once in a lifetime season.

Bills are going to give his job to Lawson next season. Same with Brown and Ragland.

Victor7
11-07-2016, 04:45 PM

Credit given. Great find. But not even in Whaley's most unrealistic wet dream could anyone see this coming. He's literally passed his career sack total in less than 8 games. This has been completely out of left field.