PDA

View Full Version : Sherman tackles our WR flat out, what a joke

Skooby
11-07-2016, 11:12 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/Cover1Bills/status/795850386406047744

Novacane
11-07-2016, 11:14 PM
Nothing to see here. Refs don't decide games.

Mr. Pink
11-07-2016, 11:17 PM
You're right there is nothing to see here, but it's not because refs don't decide games...

Once the QB leaves the pocket, what Sherman did here is legal.

feldspar
11-07-2016, 11:25 PM
When the Seahawks tried their last fieldgoal, I figured the Bills should jump offsides 10 seconds before the play and poke that kicker's eye right out of his head.

Why not? Apparently, you cannot go wrong that way.

This game should have AT LEAST gone into overtime without that OTHER BS by Sherman.

What a sham. Things like this make me not want to follow the NfL anymore.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-08-2016, 12:25 AM
I will actually be cheering for the Pats next week. I want Richard Thug Sherman to be grabbed by his hair and kicked hard enough in his sack to break his nuts and the Patriots are the one team in the league that could get away with doing that.

BertSquirtgum
11-08-2016, 12:43 AM
You're right there is nothing to see here, but it's not because refs don't decide games...

He didn't leave the pocket yet

- - - Updated - - -

When the Seahawks tried their last fieldgoal, I figured the Bills should jump offsides 10 seconds before the play and poke that kicker's eye right out of his head.

Why not? Apparently, you cannot go wrong that way.

This game should have AT LEAST gone into overtime without that OTHER BS by Sherman.

What a sham. Things like this make me not want to follow the NfL anymore.
I say it was fixed. And was saying so since before that circus show before halftime. Wasn't the spread 6 points? Vegas wins big.

feldspar
11-08-2016, 12:43 AM
The bills made the field goal, but we're penalized for delay-of-game...even though the freakin' official was over their ball still when the play-clock expired.

Unreal...

https://mobile.twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/795827401662091264/photo/1

Look at this ****...four seconds left on the play-clock here, and the official...well, just LOOK what he's doing at the line of scrimmage then...

https://mobile.twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/795827706881593346/photo/1

Who delayed the game? ****ers were not prepared to clean up their own mess...there is no doubt about that, and it cost us big time.

Mr. Pink
11-08-2016, 12:46 AM
He didn't leave the pocket yet

- - - Updated - - -

I say it was fixed. And was saying so since before that circus show before halftime. Wasn't the spread 6 points? Vegas wins big.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/11/8/13560260/richard-sherman-bills-illegal-contact-walter-powell

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7429451/Screen_Shot_2016_11_08_at_12.10.16_AM.png

Tyrod was outside of the pocket when Sherman initiated contact on Powell.

BertSquirtgum
11-08-2016, 12:56 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/11/8/13560260/richard-sherman-bills-illegal-contact-walter-powell

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7429451/Screen_Shot_2016_11_08_at_12.10.16_AM.png

Tyrod was outside of the pocket when Sherman initiated contact on Powell.
Wasn't legal.

BertSquirtgum
11-08-2016, 12:57 AM
The bills made the field goal, but we're penalized for delay-of-game...even though the freakin' official was over their ball still when the play-clock expired.

Unreal...

https://mobile.twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/795827401662091264/photo/1

Look at this ****...four seconds left on the play-clock here, and the official...well, just LOOK what he's doing at the line of scrimmage then...

https://mobile.twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/795827706881593346/photo/1

Who delayed the game? ****ers were not prepared to clean up their own mess...there is no doubt about that, and it cost us big time.

As I stated in the game day thread. This crew of refs should be fined heavily for failing to do their job. Not just failing to do their job but doing such a bad job that it cost a team a win. I don't ever blame refs for a loss but this game was definitely lost because of the ****ty reffing.

Mr. Pink
11-08-2016, 12:58 AM
Wasn't legal.

OK. But it really was.

feldspar
11-08-2016, 01:00 AM
We got screwed big time, and there is zero doubt about it.

The proof is right there in the previous post. This game at least goes into overtime without this obvious ****-up. I've got a couple of other bones to pick, but this is enough alone.

feldspar
11-08-2016, 01:02 AM
As I stated in the game day thread. This crew of refs should be fined heavily for failing to do their job. Not just failing to do their job but doing such a bad job that it cost a team a win. I don't ever blame refs for a loss but this game was definitely lost because of the ****ty reffing.

Not only will they NOT be fined themselves, but any Bill that tells the truth and criticizes what plainly happened will get fined five figures.

BLeonard
11-08-2016, 01:34 AM
Whether you think it was legal, illegal, whatever, I'll tell you one ****ing thing:

In the EXACT SAME SITUATION, if that's a Bills DB lighting up Julian Edelman with Tom Brady out of the pocket, every ****ing official on the field (and some that are officiating other games elsewhere) are throwing flags on the field and putting that ball on the 1 yard line.

I don't ***** about officiating too often, but the fiasco before the half cost the Bills a chance AT MINIMUM to tie the game and go to overtime.

It's a big reason why I'm just sort of "ho-hum" about football anymore. The league doesn't give enough of a **** to hire fulltime, competent officials, why should I give a **** in watching the ****show every weekend?

-Bill

Mr. Pink
11-08-2016, 01:58 AM
There is no debate of whether or not Sherman taking Powell out of the play is legal or not legal or shouldn't be, nor would it matter who the receiver was or what team was involved.

Since people obviously don't know the rules...

http://operations.nfl.com/media/2224/2016-nfl-rulebook.pdf

Rule 8. Section 4. Article 7.

ARTICLE 7. END OF RESTRICTIONS. If the quarterback or the receiver of the snap demonstrates no further intention to
pass the ball (i.e., hands off or pitches the ball to another player, throws a forward or backward pass, loses possession of the ball by a muff that touches the ground or a fumble, or if he is tackled) the restrictions on the defensive team prohibiting illegal contact, or an illegal cut block, against an eligible receiver will end, and a defensive player is permitted to use his hands, arms, or body to push, pull, or ward off an offensive receiver, pursuant to Rule 12, Section 1, Article 5. If the quarterback leaves the pocket area with the ball in his possession, the restrictions on illegal contact and an illegal cut block both end, but the restriction on defensive holding remains in effect.

The last sentence pretty plainly spells it out for you that what Sherman did on that play is completely legal.

YardRat
11-08-2016, 05:40 AM
I've been following football for almost 50 years and feel pretty comfortable with my knowledge of the game, but I can honestly say I wasn't aware of that rule and can't remember a single incident where a WR was blatantly and completely laid out while a QB was rolling out, avoiding pressure, scrambling out of the pocket with an intent to still throw the ball and the lack of a flag wasn't rationalized with 'it's legal'. 999 times out of 1000 that draws a flag, and if that truly is the case DB's around the league might as well start hammering on receivers.

The hit at the end of the half on Carpenter is just unbelievable, also.

Ingtar33
11-08-2016, 07:52 AM
There is no debate of whether or not Sherman taking Powell out of the play is legal or not legal or shouldn't be, nor would it matter who the receiver was or what team was involved.

Since people obviously don't know the rules...

Rule 8. Section 4. Article 7.

ARTICLE 7. END OF RESTRICTIONS. If the quarterback or the receiver of the snap demonstrates no further intention to
pass the ball (i.e., hands off or pitches the ball to another player, throws a forward or backward pass, loses possession of the ball by a muff that touches the ground or a fumble, or if he is tackled) the restrictions on the defensive team prohibiting illegal contact, or an illegal cut block, against an eligible receiver will end, and a defensive player is permitted to use his hands, arms, or body to push, pull, or ward off an offensive receiver, pursuant to Rule 12, Section 1, Article 5. If the quarterback leaves the pocket area with the ball in his possession, the restrictions on illegal contact and an illegal cut block both end, but the restriction on defensive holding remains in effect.

The last sentence pretty plainly spells it out for you that what Sherman did on that play is completely legal.

you obviously shouldn't post when drunk.

Illegal contact? That wasn't illegal contact, that was defensive holding at the min. He wasn't the only CB committing a foul on that play, both the sack and the 4th down play on the top of the field the CB tackled the bills WR in the endzone. Heck on the 4th down play, not only did he tackle the bills WR he pulled him out of bounds (reminder, the play was on the 10y line, that's 10 yards down field, and Tyrod was still in the pocket).

Watch the play again and watch the top of the field. watch the sack again, you'll see the same thing happening.

The refs put their whistles in their pockets those last two plays and let the hawks do whatever they wanted to do.

Pinkerton Security
11-08-2016, 08:30 AM
OK. But it really was.
FFS dude we get it, you're a troll who doesn't like the Bills...you simply can't deny the officiating was horrific

The King
11-08-2016, 08:31 AM

Except he hit a defenseless receiver.

Pinkerton Security
11-08-2016, 08:31 AM

Illegal contact? That wasn't illegal contact, that was defensive holding at the min. He wasn't the only CB committing a foul on that play, both the sack and the 4th down play on the top of the field the CB tackled the bills WR in the endzone. Heck on the 4th down play, not only did he tackle the bills WR he pulled him out of bounds (reminder, the play was on the 10y line, that's 10 yards down field, and Tyrod was still in the pocket).

Watch the play again and watch the top of the field. watch the sack again, you'll see the same thing happening.

The refs put their whistles in their pockets those last two plays and let the hawks do whatever they wanted to do.

you can't see what you choose not to see. both for the POS posters on here and the refs.

Mouldsie
11-08-2016, 02:28 PM
When Tyrod left the pocket he became a runner and Powell became a blocker, so Sherman was allowed to engage him when Powell ran at him. Legal play.

The FG before the half was BS though, should have been 10 yards closer (roughing) and the play-clock was never reset. No excuse for those ****-ups and this game would have been a lot different at the end if that wasn't such a disaster.

I have no ill-will towards Sherman for hitting Carpenter either... cant give him a free kick. Carpenter didn't have to attempt the kick when he knew the flag was tossed.

sukie
11-08-2016, 02:49 PM
When Tyrod left the pocket he became a runner and Powell became a blocker, so Sherman was allowed to engage him when Powell ran at him. Legal play.

The FG before the half was BS though, should have been 10 yards closer (roughing) and the play-clock was never reset. No excuse for those ****-ups and this game would have been a lot different at the end if that wasn't such a disaster.

I have no ill-will towards Sherman for hitting Carpenter either... cant give him a free kick. Carpenter didn't have to attempt the kick when he knew the flag was tossed.

Saw a till photo just prior to Sherman rolling into Carpenter's knees. Sherman's fingers were on the ball. Ball is live. No roughing the K. The issue is that the play wasn't blown dead after the offsides. Had the whistle been blown... Sherman would have gotten 15 yrds.

BertSquirtgum
11-08-2016, 03:22 PM
Saw a till photo just prior to Sherman rolling into Carpenter's knees. Sherman's fingers were on the ball. Ball is live. No roughing the K. The issue is that the play wasn't blown dead after the offsides. Had the whistle been blown... Sherman would have gotten 15 yrds.
Not legal

Mouldsie
11-08-2016, 03:42 PM

I did not pay enough attention to any whistles being blown, certainly impacts things.

Refs were the issue though, not the players.

feldspar
11-08-2016, 03:48 PM

WTF rule-book are you looking at?

...cuz ain't the NFL one...

Victor7
11-08-2016, 06:26 PM
About the 4th down play

Sherman is indeed entitled to engage Powell once TMobile left the pocket. Its a little known rule. But that's not the issue. The issue is he didn't engage him. He flat out knocked him out. It was a personal foul, unnecessary roughness. Worst part is it happened a few feet away from a useless ref.

ARTICLE 6. UNNECESSARY ROUGHNESS. There shall be no unnecessary roughness. This shall include, but will not belimited to
a) using the foot or any part of the leg to strike an opponent with a whipping motion (leg whip);(b) forcibly contacting a runner when he is out of bounds;Note: Defensive players must make an effort to avoid contact. Players on defense are responsible for knowing when arunner has crossed the boundary line, except in doubtful cases where he might step on a boundary line and continueparallel with it.(c) a player of the receiving team who has gone out of bounds and blocks a kicking team player out of bounds during thekick. If this occurs on a kick from scrimmage, post-possession rules will apply if appropriate (9-5-1);(d) running, diving into, or throwing the body against or on a runner whose forward progress has been stopped, who has slidfeet first, or who has declared himself down by going to the ground untouched and has made no attempt to advance (see7-2-1-a, d);(e) running, diving into, or throwing the body against or on any player on the ground either before or after the ball is dead;(f) throwing the runner to the ground after the ball is dead;(g) unnecessarily running, diving into, cutting, or throwing the body against or on a player who (1) is out of the play or (2)should not have reasonably anticipated such contact by an opponent, before or after the ball is dead;(h) a kicker/punter, who is standing still or fading backward after the ball has been kicked, is out of the play and must not beunnecessarily contacted by the receiving team through the end of the down or until he assumes a distinctly defensiveposition. However, a kicker/punter is a defenseless player through the conclusion of the down (see 12-2-7-7);(i) using any part of a player’s helmet or facemask to butt, spear, or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily; or(j) grabbing a helmet opening of an opponent and forcibly twisting, turning, or pulling his head.Penalty: For unnecessary roughness: Loss of 15 yards.
The player may be disqualified if the action is judged by the official(s) to be flagrant. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down.Note: When in question about a roughness call or potentially dangerous tactics, the covering official(s) should always call unnecessary roughness.

Seems pretty obvious to me

Mace
11-08-2016, 06:42 PM
Wasn't legal. Here's a VERY thorough breakdown of the rules and referring sections, a deep read. It's where they were oriented to the play, with rules referring to rules.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/11/8/13566944/shermans-hit-on-powell-was-a-penalty

Turf
11-08-2016, 07:51 PM

I hate the NFL. Goodell can go suck a dick.

BertSquirtgum
11-08-2016, 10:43 PM

Wasn't legal idiot

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/11/8/13566944/shermans-hit-on-powell-was-a-penalty