Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Sherman tackles our WR flat out, what a joke

• Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Sherman tackles our WR flat out, what a joke

Nothing to see here. Refs don't decide games.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

You're right there is nothing to see here, but it's not because refs don't decide games...

Once the QB leaves the pocket, what Sherman did here is legal.

Comment

• feldspar
        • Mar 2007

When the Seahawks tried their last fieldgoal, I figured the Bills should jump offsides 10 seconds before the play and poke that kicker's eye right out of his head.

Why not? Apparently, you cannot go wrong that way.

This game should have AT LEAST gone into overtime without that OTHER BS by Sherman.

What a sham. Things like this make me not want to follow the NfL anymore.

Comment

• Gibby
          • Jun 2006

I will actually be cheering for the Pats next week. I want Richard Thug Sherman to be grabbed by his hair and kicked hard enough in his sack to break his nuts and the Patriots are the one team in the league that could get away with doing that.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
            You're right there is nothing to see here, but it's not because refs don't decide games...

Once the QB leaves the pocket, what Sherman did here is legal.
            He didn't leave the pocket yet

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
            When the Seahawks tried their last fieldgoal, I figured the Bills should jump offsides 10 seconds before the play and poke that kicker's eye right out of his head.

Why not? Apparently, you cannot go wrong that way.

This game should have AT LEAST gone into overtime without that OTHER BS by Sherman.

What a sham. Things like this make me not want to follow the NfL anymore.
            I say it was fixed. And was saying so since before that circus show before halftime. Wasn't the spread 6 points? Vegas wins big.

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

The bills made the field goal, but we're penalized for delay-of-game...even though the freakin' official was over their ball still when the play-clock expired.

Unreal...

Look at this ****...four seconds left on the play-clock here, and the official...well, just LOOK what he's doing at the line of scrimmage then...

Who delayed the game? ****ers were not prepared to clean up their own mess...there is no doubt about that, and it cost us big time.
              Last edited by feldspar; 11-08-2016, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
                He didn't leave the pocket yet

- - - Updated - - -

I say it was fixed. And was saying so since before that circus show before halftime. Wasn't the spread 6 points? Vegas wins big.

Tyrod was outside of the pocket when Sherman initiated contact on Powell.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

Wasn't legal.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                    The bills made the field goal, but we're penalized for delay-of-game...even though the freakin' official was over their ball still when the play-clock expired.

Unreal...

Look at this ****...four seconds left on the play-clock here, and the official...well, just LOOK what he's doing at the line of scrimmage then...

Who delayed the game? ****ers were not prepared to clean up their own mess...there is no doubt about that, and it cost us big time.
                    As I stated in the game day thread. This crew of refs should be fined heavily for failing to do their job. Not just failing to do their job but doing such a bad job that it cost a team a win. I don't ever blame refs for a loss but this game was definitely lost because of the ****ty reffing.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Wasn't legal.
                      OK. But it really was.

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

We got screwed big time, and there is zero doubt about it.

The proof is right there in the previous post. This game at least goes into overtime without this obvious ****-up. I've got a couple of other bones to pick, but this is enough alone.

Comment

• feldspar
                          • Mar 2007

As I stated in the game day thread. This crew of refs should be fined heavily for failing to do their job. Not just failing to do their job but doing such a bad job that it cost a team a win. I don't ever blame refs for a loss but this game was definitely lost because of the ****ty reffing.
                          Not only will they NOT be fined themselves, but any Bill that tells the truth and criticizes what plainly happened will get fined five figures.
                          Last edited by feldspar; 11-08-2016, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• BLeonard
                            BoB Sabermetrician
                            • Jan 2003

Whether you think it was legal, illegal, whatever, I'll tell you one ****ing thing:

In the EXACT SAME SITUATION, if that's a Bills DB lighting up Julian Edelman with Tom Brady out of the pocket, every ****ing official on the field (and some that are officiating other games elsewhere) are throwing flags on the field and putting that ball on the 1 yard line.

I don't ***** about officiating too often, but the fiasco before the half cost the Bills a chance AT MINIMUM to tie the game and go to overtime.

It's a big reason why I'm just sort of "ho-hum" about football anymore. The league doesn't give enough of a **** to hire fulltime, competent officials, why should I give a **** in watching the ****show every weekend?

-Bill

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

There is no debate of whether or not Sherman taking Powell out of the play is legal or not legal or shouldn't be, nor would it matter who the receiver was or what team was involved.

Since people obviously don't know the rules...

Rule 8. Section 4. Article 7.

ARTICLE 7. END OF RESTRICTIONS. If the quarterback or the receiver of the snap demonstrates no further intention to
                              pass the ball (i.e., hands off or pitches the ball to another player, throws a forward or backward pass, loses possession of the ball by a muff that touches the ground or a fumble, or if he is tackled) the restrictions on the defensive team prohibiting illegal contact, or an illegal cut block, against an eligible receiver will end, and a defensive player is permitted to use his hands, arms, or body to push, pull, or ward off an offensive receiver, pursuant to Rule 12, Section 1, Article 5. If the quarterback leaves the pocket area with the ball in his possession, the restrictions on illegal contact and an illegal cut block both end, but the restriction on defensive holding remains in effect.

The last sentence pretty plainly spells it out for you that what Sherman did on that play is completely legal.

Comment

Working...
                              X