X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

That was pathetic. The Bills got screwed

I'm not one for blaming the refs. Yes the Bills gave up 31 pts (28 in the first half). But this game was decided by the refs. Seattle is the biggest bunch of crybabies I have ever seen on a football field.

The league had better hand out some disciplinary action to every official involved last night. They literally robbed the Bills of a FG before the half, twice, which changed the entire outcome of the game. I'm not even going to mention the illegal contact in the endzone on the last drive.

This league is a complete and utter joke. It's so one-sided that it isn't funny. Sherman is a thug. He should get a penalty called on him about 75% of the time he's covering someone.

I hate the NFL and might not watch another minute this year. I haven't been this mad after a loss in a long time, and I'm not even mad at the Bills.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: That was pathetic. The Bills got screwed

I stopped watching after the officiating fiasco at the end of the half. The Bills are hard enough to endure under the best of circumstances, but when absolute mindless and clueless officials throw them under the bus, it's time to turn my attention - and passion - to something else. I'm tired of the Bills, but even more sick of the NFL and its stinking officiating, thug players, and general bull*****.
    Last edited by Jan Reimers; 11-08-2016, 07:55 AM.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Simply unfathomable that they don't throw a personal foul call on a guy who makes no attempt to actually block the ball and goes straight for the kicker's knee (ON A DEAD BALL PLAY).

Comment

• ICRockets
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Pinkerton Security View Post
        Simply unfathomable that they don't throw a personal foul call on a guy who makes no attempt to actually block the ball and goes straight for the kicker's knee (ON A DEAD BALL PLAY).
        It wasn't even a dead ball play. They called offsides, not encroachment. Therefore, by the letter of the law, the play actually counts. Thus, that is objectively the most obvious roughing the kicker in the literal history of the world.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
          It wasn't even a dead ball play. They called offsides, not encroachment. Therefore, by the letter of the law, the play actually counts. Thus, that is objectively the most obvious roughing the kicker in the literal history of the world.
          Yea dead-ball play probably isnt the right phrasing. Totally the definition of roughing the kicker.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
            Offsides can be a dead ball foul, too. They said Sherman was unabated to the kicker and therefore it was a dead ball. At least that's how I remember it.

I'm not saying it was right, but that was their logic. In my mind, that was easily a 15 yard penalty.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers View Post
              I stopped watching after the officiating fiasco at the end of the half. The Bills are hard enough to endure under the best of circumstances, but when absolute mindless and clueless officials throw them under the bus, it's time to turn my attention - and passion - to something else. I'm tired of the Bills, but even more sick of the NFL and its stinking officiating, thug players, and general bull*****.
              It's a complete train wreck of a product. Sherman taunting the sidelines after his INT. There's no respect anymore. Yes Rex Ryan is a big mouth, but he's a head coach. You don't stand there and stare him down like a thug. This isn't some playground game in the hood.

I'm tired of it. Every week games are decided by bull crap officiating, and stupid rules. Certain players get calls, certain ones don't. You can't sneeze at Tom Brady without getting a roughing the passer penalty, yet Cam Newton hasn't had one called against him in 2 years. 2 years. How is that even possible.

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

I thought it was funny how Gruden was simply beside himself after that debacle that ended the first half.

Then magically, as the second half started, all he said was the Bills are going to have to handle a little adversity to get back into it.

Clearly, someone told him to tone down his remarks during halftime.

I'm through with all of this ****, and again, it has nothing to do with the Bills. I actually think they're a pretty good team.

I'm not renewing next year, and when they call, I'm going to tell them why.

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

There is no debate.

That SHOULD have been called unnecessary roughness, because that is what it in fact was. No question. Dean Blandino, NFL senior vice president of officiating, came out and admitted that after the game. The league does not confess to botching calls like that unless everyone knows already. I mean, it's just obvious. It should have been a 38-yard field goal attempt after the blatant, obvious call that should have been made.

So there is that...Carpeter had to then sit out a BS play where the Bills were forced to spike the ball because Sherman went for his legs and dinged him up. THEN...

What may have been worse than all that was that Dan Carpenter MADE the 48-yard fieldgoal, but there was a flag on the play for delay of game which negated the 3 points. WHY WAS THERE A DELAY OF GAME PENALTY? Because the ****ing refs did not set the ball down in time. They failed to reset the play-clock like they should have. The refs did not get out the way in time for us to try the kick!!!! Again, Blandino has admitted this...the play-clock should have been reset by rule. But we did not need him to admit this, because we have eyes.

Look at what's happening with 4 seconds left on the play-clock. It speaks for itself:

So the refs **** up badly a second time on the same play, this time actually taking away 3 points from the Bills and penalizing them 5 yards on top of that for what was the refs own incompetent mistake. Makes me angry.

So then, of course we miss the 53-yard fieldgoal. That alone could easily have cost us the game.

Walt Coleman..."the half isn't over...the half isn't over". **** you, Walt Colman
                  Last edited by feldspar; 11-08-2016, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                    • Mar 2015

So at the end of a big game, you only would get 5 yards to rush offsides and take out the kicker who is trying to kick a game winning field goal? Awesome. Good to know.

Comment

• feldspar
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by feldspar View Post

Walt Coleman..."the half isn't over...the half isn't over". **** you, Walt Colman
                      ***sorry, I meant Walt Anderson, the ref.

I get my Walts and Landrys mixed up when I get pissed, apparently.

But, on second thought, Walt Coleman could **** off too while we're at it.
                      Last edited by feldspar; 11-08-2016, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                        I hate the NFL and might not watch another minute this year. I haven't been this mad after a loss in a long time, and I'm not even mad at the Bills.
                        Totally read my mind on this brother because that's exactly how I felt last night. It just seemed like this game was some kind of a turning point for me about the whole NFL and how much investment I feel in it now. Honestly, the only feeling is apathy. Mark Cuban was right about them.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

The refs egregiously blew resetting the play clock.

Which directly lead to taking points off the board, which in turn changed the outcome of the game.

The Bills still could have overcome it but the refs definitely played a hand in deciding the outcome of the game.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by DynaPaul View Post
                            Totally read my mind on this brother because that's exactly how I felt last night. It just seemed like this game was some kind of a turning point for me about the whole NFL and how much investment I feel in it now. Honestly, the only feeling is apathy. Mark Cuban was right about them.
                            What did Cuban say?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                              What did Cuban say?
                              That the NFL is going to greed itself into extinction, basically.

Comment

Working...
                              X