X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

7 games left - Bills Going Forward

Sitting at 4-5 its certainly not ideal and really its an underachievement for the talent on the roster.

That being said that talent has not been available.

Going forward the Bills will get some serious help back - with Watkins and Dareus coming back. Plus some banged up guys getting healthier (McCoy, Alexander, Hughes, Clay and Cordy Glenn) and some of the new guys having time to carve out bigger roles like Harvin, Hunter and Shaq Lawson who looks like a beast.

Now if we add to that Tyrod's progression last night as a passer and the Bills are going to be a team no one wants to play.

Our front 7 is maybe the best in the league right now, we are unpredictable on offense and we'll be healthier and rested.

Should be interesting if nothing else in the final stretch.
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: 7 games left - Bills Going Forward

this team's worst scenario is to get hot in the last 7. they are a weak team and led by a poor in game coach with a front office more interested in selling tickets than building a real winner. having the team get 4-5 wins would be good for the pegulas to see that they were sold a bag of crap and move on. if they win 7 games or more, rex and whaley and the FO will lean on the injuries and say, "we're so close". we know this team isn't any good. deep down we all know this about this roster.

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

we basically will need to win out or go 6-1 to make the playoffs. likely win out since our AFC record is so bad.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Hey Cardale Jones, your 2017 tryout is coming.

So I hope...
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
          this team's worst scenario is to get hot in the last 7. they are a weak team and led by a poor in game coach with a front office more interested in selling tickets than building a real winner. having the team get 4-5 wins would be good for the pegulas to see that they were sold a bag of crap and move on. if they win 7 games or more, rex and whaley and the FO will lean on the injuries and say, "we're so close". we know this team isn't any good. deep down we all know this about this roster.
          That's fair to look at it that way I just don't agree with it...

The Bills roster is solid, we have good young players, they signed some very nice veteran players to strengthen the core and the depth.

Rex Ryan is a good football coach, A.Lynn looks like a bright and sharp mind and Rob Ryan takes a lot of crap but he is a good defensive mind.

This team is close and ripping it all up and starting over only to go through this whole process again would be a disaster.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
            My IQ Test results came back negative
            • Oct 2002

Just for sake of argument... are we 6-3 if Lynn is OC First two games ?

- - - Updated - - -

Just for sake of argument... are we 6-3 if Lynn is OC First two games ?

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
              we basically will need to win out or go 6-1 to make the playoffs. likely win out since our AFC record is so bad.
              True and its not impossible. Hard but not impossible especially with the additions to the roster we're getting and assuming Tryod maintains his level of play from last night.

Comment

• chris66
                • Sep 2006

Bills have 4 conf. losses can only afford 1 more. 5 conf losses seems to be the limit for playoffs

Comment

• Buffalogic
                  Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                  • Feb 2006

Every game left is an AFC opponent. We can turn that record around if we play well. All very beatable teams.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                    Sitting at 4-5 its certainly not ideal and really its an underachievement for the talent on the roster.

That being said that talent has not been available.

Going forward the Bills will get some serious help back - with Watkins and Dareus coming back. Plus some banged up guys getting healthier (McCoy, Alexander, Hughes, Clay and Cordy Glenn) and some of the new guys having time to carve out bigger roles like Harvin, Hunter and Shaq Lawson who looks like a beast.

Now if we add to that Tyrod's progression last night as a passer and the Bills are going to be a team no one wants to play.

Our front 7 is maybe the best in the league right now, we are unpredictable on offense and we'll be healthier and rested.

Should be interesting if nothing else in the final stretch.
                    Either our defensive coaches or our system suck because we cant stop crappy offenses. My guess is BOTH
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                      Either our defensive coaches or our system suck because we cant stop crappy offenses. My guess is BOTH
                      Bad Safety play is killing us of late and the stupid decision to lineup are diminutive nickelback against BIG TEs like Gronk and Jimmy Graham.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                        • Sep 2003

It depends on how the refs feel about us as was apparent from last night.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

Mahdi, I get your point. mine is that I think we have seen the ceiling. to pretend that next year could be markedly better because we are healthy seems foolish. this roster and coaching mentality has not found consistency. even in the wins, they were skating by on letting teams stay in it until the bitter end. tyrod can be as good as last night, but he still hasn't had a come from behind win. that is the story of the team, average. and its frankly not good enough. but I've said in other threads, that rebuilds need a full gutting of Brandon on down and bring in real pro's who have experience and can let a gm run the player and coach selecation as they see fit

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                            Mahdi, I get your point. mine is that I think we have seen the ceiling. to pretend that next year could be markedly better because we are healthy seems foolish. this roster and coaching mentality has not found consistency. even in the wins, they were skating by on letting teams stay in it until the bitter end. tyrod can be as good as last night, but he still hasn't had a come from behind win. that is the story of the team, average. and its frankly not good enough. but I've said in other threads, that rebuilds need a full gutting of Brandon on down and bring in real pro's who have experience and can let a gm run the player and coach selecation as they see fit
                            Fair enough, still think though that without arguably our two best players and injuries to several others throughout the last three losses its impossible to determine our ceiling.

Yesterday showed us that the team has other good players and that Tyrod has more to offer than we thought.

The defense just needs to improve in the secondary IMO to become elite.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

I thought before the season that we could improve on both sides of the ball and still finish worse because of the schedule. So far that seems to be bearing out.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X