X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Draft Needs

Ok lets just say for arguments sake that Tyrod is going to start next season. That said we will need to draft another QB to replace EJ, but I doubt it will come before round 3.

We need a safety big time, unfortunately a TE covering safety is not really available in this draft in my opinion so we may have to go outside of the organization in FA.

Corner - I like Corey White Keyvon Seymore but we need another on as well.

DL - we need a NT to spell Marcel as Douzable, Bryant, Washington are not those guys. They are decent but better 5 techniques

WR - Huge need in my opinion. I say we resign Woods and let Gilmore walk. I would also like to give Justin Hunter one more year

TE - This might be the first round pick, we need a big TE that can be a red zone nightmare and effect teams the way Gronk and Graham effected us. There are some good options but the Butt kid from Michigan is my favorite.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Draft Needs

Is Rex still the coach?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Draft needs:

1. Safety - I don't think he needs to be able to cover Gronk or Graham but we need a safety with ball skills and instincts with good range.

2. RT - If they aren't going to give Kouandjio a shot at RT, not sure why, then they need to address it.

3. CB - Darby is a good corner, Kevon Seymour may be a good one but if they let Gilmore walk they need a replacement - I would rather sign a CB though.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Our issues are not the front 7 on D. It's the secondary. They get caught looking early, giving up cushion and can't make it up. They look like McKelvin, trying to locate the ball deep. Need 2 new safeties (assuming Aaron Williams is done for his own good) and another CB. Goodbye Gilmore.

RT and WR on the O side. Draft another QB somewhere to go with Cardale Jones and let them compete. Tyrod can be cut or traded and I don't hate him. I just wish to see a big QB delivering darts from the pocket. Let's make actual moves to go forward.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
          Our issues are not the front 7 on D. It's the secondary. They get caught looking early, giving up cushion and can't make it up. They look like McKelvin, trying to locate the ball deep. Need 2 new safeties (assuming Aaron Williams is done for his own good) and another CB. Goodbye Gilmore.

RT and WR on the O side. Draft another QB somewhere to go with Cardale Jones and let them compete. Tyrod can be cut or traded and I don't hate him. I just wish to see a big QB delivering darts from the pocket. Let's make actual moves to go forward.
          Why WR?

We have Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Harvin, Hunter (who has potential) and Powell also looks like he can be a role player.

Comment

• feldspar
            • Mar 2007

Can we draft a ref in our pocket?

Comment

• paladin warrior
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Oct 2004

Safety. WR. CB RT.NT.CB
              CB. DT

Comment

• Swiper
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2010

Draft Needs
                Everything?

------

Add CENTER to whatever list you're drawing up.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

We don't need a TE, we need a QB that throws the ball to the tight end.

In 9 games Clay has 29 Rec. from Tyrod.

In 4 games Brady's combination of Gronk/Bennett have 37 receptions and 8 TDs.

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                    Why WR?

We have Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Harvin, Hunter (who has potential) and Powell also looks like he can be a role player.
                    Do any of the WR's other than Watkins have contracts for next season?

Comment

• k-oneputt
                      • Jun 2009

S- Aaron Williams is done and every other safety on this team stinks. J. Adams LSU, if we can get this kid with our 1st rd. pick he should be the guy.
                      ot- Mills isn't good enough
                      cb- Gilmore won't be back
                      c- Wood is getting older, before the broken leg.
                      dl - need depth. Never can get enough good dl.
                      qb- Tyrod is a nice backup but is not good enough to win a Super Bowl.

qb

Comment

• Mouldsie
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                        We don't need a TE, we need a QB that throws the ball to the tight end.

In 9 games Clay has 29 Rec. from Tyrod.

In 4 games Brady's combination of Gronk/Bennett have 37 receptions and 8 TDs.
                        Clay was wide open a few times yesterday and didn't get the ball. Including the last drive for a potential game winning TD

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Starting RT
                          Depth OT
                          Depth OG
                          Developmental OC
                          Depth DT/NT
                          Depth O/ILB
                          Starting CB
                          Depth CB
                          Starting FS
                          Starting SS
                          Depth FS
                          Depth SS

The entire DB group needs to be reworked and god help us if Mills is still on this team come next season.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DesertFox24
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                            Starting RT
                            Depth OT
                            Depth OG
                            Developmental OC
                            Depth DT/NT
                            Depth O/ILB
                            Starting CB
                            Depth CB
                            Starting FS
                            Starting SS
                            Depth FS
                            Depth SS

The entire DB group needs to be reworked and god help us if Mills is still on this team come next season.
                            Your list is comprehensive and I agree on every point. Starting with the defensive we clearly new more SS and FS mainly due to on field production but also from a pure numbers sense. Corner Gilmore is gone but we may have the other starter already on the team, I believe White will be resigned and he and Seymore will compete next year. This might not be the best option but I am willing to bet this is the approach they take. Per usual expect a corner drafted I just do not think in the first three rounds.

LB - Zach Brown will be signed elsewhere to a nice deal, had we not drafted Ragland we would make a push to keep him but we cannot pay him what he will most likely get to ride the pine. That is unless they are not happy with Preston Brown and decide to start Zach and let Ragland and Preston compete. This story will be answered by Feb. OLB I think Lorenzo comes back and will team with Shaq and Hughes for a nice 3 man rotation, we could use another guy here. My gut tells me they resign McCray and let him compete with Albright and maybe a late round draft pick.

DL - I like Corbin Bryant a lot I am a huge fan but he is not a NT, so if they want to keep him there let him walk. Worthy and Douzable have been serviceable backups in my opinion and if they resign at the correct price I think that would be prudent. Kyle and Marcel are legit but Kyle maybe has one more year, and Washington we do not know at this point but I do not remember him playing that much in 2 DL formations on Monday so that could be telling, but we will wait and see he has talent. This is a place I expect Buffalo to invest in the draft, we need a true NT (could get via FA) but most importantly we need a wrecking ball 5 technique like Wilkerson or Richardson.

IOL - we need a center in the worst way to develop or start depending on the Wood situation. Groy is an ok guard tackle but he got worked as a center and I honestly know nothing of Lewis so i would also consider this a possible early draft pick.
                            OT - Glenn is rock solid, Cyrus has played well when has played, Henderson and Mills have had good games and games like Monday this could be an option

RB - I think we are fine with Mike and Williams and McCoy for next year as well as Felton

WR- I want Woods resigned and him to be the slot guy, Listenbee and Hunter are intriguing options that I would like to see a full off season in our program and see if they can become something. Sammy is legit but I think another position type WR would be helpful to us. Powell is a nice player too and if he and Listenbee can get better and stay healthy they will be the speed guys.

TE - I love Clay but we need a tall matchup nightmare TE and this is the draft to get one

With the exception of secondary this draft looks like there will be some options at some critical positions. Although probably not as talent laden as some past drafts I believe there is some decent average to solid starters in positions we need. Will be interesting to watch what we do.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                              Why WR?

Not sure about Harvin staying healthy. Hunter has upside. We can pass on WR with all the other needs. Well said.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X