PDA

View Full Version : Bye week poll: Would you give Rex and Tyrod another year?

Oaf
11-08-2016, 11:26 PM
Comes as a package deal. Either let both walk after 2016 or both are starting Week 1 2017.

I voted yes. We're a decent secondary and receiving playmaker away from being able to go >.500 (provided Henderson or Cyrus can take over for Jordan Mills).

Novacane
11-08-2016, 11:34 PM
I can't make that decision after nine games

djjimkelly
11-09-2016, 10:12 AM
i keep rex and not just let tyrod walk i throw him out.

trapezeus
11-09-2016, 11:07 AM
I think we know that we will always be a dollar short with rex and his in game management. they are a consistent average team. rex can't get any more out of this team. I don't think it's a package deal. if you let tt walk, you have no qbs, and whatever qb you draft you'll be starting. so that sucks for whoever comes in. TT's contract is palatable. and gives us a chance to draft a qb or two and develop them properly. but rex is very minimal value.

Victor7
11-09-2016, 11:53 AM
Package deal ?

Both out the door. If I could split them though I'd keep Taylor and kick Ryan as far from BLO as possible.

Mace
11-09-2016, 07:29 PM
I voted no, as if it was up to me.

The team has not grown any in their time. This is the same as any Bills fan is used to seeing, they're always potential and maybe but aren't because of (pick your reason, bad player who wasn't bad before, injuries to whoever, player who mostly makes plays except when it's important). This has been going on and on for years and there's no reason to think this ends any different this time, just hurry it up already.

Taylor is fine for the QB they want him to be, but he's too slow on his reads and doesn't throw well enough for the Bills to take the next step, even with a rushing based offense, or maybe even because they're a rushing based offense. Any QB should be able to command an offense with authority, making line calls, audibles, directing his offense. If rookies Prescott & Wentz can do so, there is no excuse that the veteran Taylor can't. This doesn't mean he should be Prescott or Wentz, he isn't, but he is led by the play, doesn't lead the play, and that's not going to get us to the playoffs much less win there.

Ryan came in here and took the 4th ranked defense and made it worse, being a self proclaimed defensive genius and all. He doubled down this year with his people, and while they've shown flashes, they've taken no stable strides toward even being the defense they were 2 years ago. This is the last Ryan defense and it is so for a reason. It doesn't work anymore against vet QB/OC tandems and competent receivers who work with them. Once the pass is successful, teams run, once they run they pass, and the substitutions and scheme imho involve too much reactive gameplan for modern dictating offenses. You have to dictate better than you react, and we still don't even react better than we don't dictate. It's a bendy defense that relies on CB's we evidently don't have, though I find it hard to believe Gilmore and Darby are as bad as they are looking of late.

They're just good enough yet again to not be bad enough, and I could give a crap anymore if they recycle coaches and QB's yearly until they find a pair that work, because continuity is just not viable unless you have capable people continuing, and it isn't real hard to recognize it.

We went from a bad offense with a good defense to a reasonable offense with a mediocre defense, and to me that just doesn't indicate progress toward being a good team, period.

Luisito23
11-09-2016, 08:03 PM
If you wanna be stuck in mediocrity and go 7-9 next year, you keep them both...

If not, you clean house and get them the F otta here ASAP!...

I rather see a promising rookie and a competent coach go win less than having to see this trash again next season.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-09-2016, 08:04 PM
kind of off topic, but i wonder how many teams with over 40 minutes of time of possession lose that said game. has to be a pretty low number

The Jokeman
11-10-2016, 11:36 AM
I'd let them both go, bring Shwartz back as HC and let him back an OC with a track record of good running games and maximizing the most from a QB (Trestman one name that I'd consider) and then draft a guy like Mitch Trubisky or Mason Rudolph and sign a veteran QB (maybe Brian Hoyer). Then let the rookie, Cardale and veteran compete for the QB job and let the best man win. I'd use the money saved on Tyrod not returning on either bringing back Gilmore or signing a veteran RT (maybe Gosder Cherilus or Andre Smith).

justasportsfan
11-10-2016, 02:35 PM
why does it have to be a package deal.
If Rex we don't make playoffs I'd let Rex go. That simple.

Whether Tyrod stays depends on who the new HC is. I hope it's an offensive minded coach who hires Schwartz as the assistant HC/DC :D.

Victor7
11-10-2016, 04:40 PM
kind of off topic, but i wonder how many teams with over 40 minutes of time of possession lose that said game. has to be a pretty low number
Add to that our extremely high 3rd down conversion rate. It must've been in the 75%-80% range.

I bet we pulled one of those "How the f*** did they pull victory out of defeat's grasp" there !

IlluminatusUIUC
11-10-2016, 04:52 PM
As of right now, yes. I'll admit that they wouldn't be my first choices, but for the moment Tyrod is. 500 as a starter and Rex is one game below it with the Bills. I don't relay the idea of jumping on the coaching carousel again when even falling below 500 gets you the sack immediately. I may change my mind depending on how the season finishes.

Mouldsie
11-10-2016, 11:27 PM
I don't care. I view next year as another rebuilding season. I would stockpile picks in 2018 TBH. We need a franchise QB and it's not coming from this years class.

SpikedLemonade
11-11-2016, 12:49 AM
I would toss both aside and hire an Executive of Football Operations to make all football decisions.

The Big Polack won't do that until after the 2018 season.

Instead Doug Whaley gets fired after this year and Rex gets to handpick his next GM victim.

Buffalogic
11-11-2016, 12:39 PM
Tyrod looks like he is getting better, but his fourth quarter is abysmal. I voted no. Not sure if it will ever come and I don't think we should waste time waiting for it to. The secondary is so bad I don't want to go through another year of this with Rex.

BertSquirtgum
11-12-2016, 02:26 PM
If Tyrod keeps playing the way he did Monday for the remainder of the year. I would be happy to have him as the starter for another year. Rex's defense sucks balls so he needs to fire Dennis Thurman or be fired himself. Something has to happen there. The defense is such a joke that it's pathetic. That being said. The amount of injuries has played a tremendous roll in this season. I almost want to give the big idiot a pass for that alone.

BertSquirtgum
11-12-2016, 02:32 PM
I will definitely hold out to see the remainder of the season before my final opinion of them for the year is made.

Mace
11-12-2016, 07:54 PM
I would toss both aside and hire an Executive of Football Operations to make all football decisions.

The Big Polack won't do that until after the 2018 season.

Instead Doug Whaley gets fired after this year and Rex gets to handpick his next GM victim.

I don't think Whaley even gets fired though. Pegula said he considers him a "new" GM. They think in 5 year hockey cycles.

jamze132
11-12-2016, 09:54 PM
I'd love to have some continuity, but we need to get past the Rex Ryan thing and find someone who practices more than they preach. Then bring on the continuity and fight through the growing pains.

mdcas22
11-14-2016, 06:05 AM
should have been a third option ! wait till season is over before making judgment. so I picked no because if Rex is here another year they will not address the quarterback position properly. TT is Rex's boy no matter so if he is here I don't even think they draft one anywhere. I'd draft 2

Figster
11-14-2016, 10:36 AM
Without some continuity Buffalo will never, I repeat never get over this mountain we have created in my humble opinion.