• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

TBN : 30 years ago today : Marv Levy wins first game

I thought it was woeful when they hired Marv. Thought he sounded like he had no clue in the booth. Despised what he did with three good running backs in KC using the ancient wing-t formation. Oh it made me miserable to see him on the sidelines. Marv, I hardly knew ye.

There would be 181 more wins in the best of times for Bills football. I had my gripes about his big game coaching back in the day, but at this point, I realize how precious it was even getting to the big games.

Thanks for the work, Marv.

But it was evident that there was a special difference to the Buffalo players. The difference was that the game was played under a new leader.
  • Victor7
    • Jul 2013

Re: TBN : 30 years ago today : Marv Levy wins first game

Marvelous Marv

Love that man. Love his book. A great read.

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

Marv is the definition of a true gentleman...

Great coach and an even better person.
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Topas
        German smartass
        • Feb 2014

wow, already 30 years. I am old. I cant believe I am still following this team after not once making the playoffs in this century

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Topas View Post
          wow, already 30 years. I am old. I cant believe I am still following this team after not once making the playoffs in this century
          It all blurs after a while. I think it startles me more when I think it's been that much time that so many fans here never even had a chance to appreciate the best of times when they happened, except when I look in the mirror and wonder who that old fat guy looking back at me came from.

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

I was in 8th grade. I vaguely remember listening to that game on the radio.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
            X