PDA

View Full Version : Why the hype of an so called "easy" or manageable schedule?

BillsFanCupp38
11-14-2016, 01:21 PM
Why are people making a big deal out of this? Are they just trying to keep people interested? I'm going to tell you something right now, and mark it down, Buffalo is not going to the playoffs this year. I see 3 or 4 more wins. All I've been hearing about is how easy or manageable Buffalo's second half schedule is. Let's break this down...

@Cinci 3-4-1 This game is being played in Cinci and in case anyone has forgotten Andy Dalton's best games typically come against buffalo and they have beaten us 3 times in a row. Make it 4 in a row.

Jags 2-7 This is a home game and it wouldn't surprise me if we blew it as we somehow seem to lose to these fools sometimes for no good apparent reason even when they are really bad. But I'll give us the win here.

@Raiders 7-2 The last time the Bills beat the raiders on the road was in 1991. The raiders are 11-1 at home against buffalo since 1967. This ain't happening.

STEELERS 4-5 Even though this is a home game I can remember the Bills beating the STEELERS very few times in my short 30 year life. They are 9-2 against us since 1993, notice before that was the glory days. Be honest, would it surprise anyone if the Steelers came to buffalo and put a beat down on us? Loss

Browns 0-10 Finally a game that I can call automatic. Or can I? Bills win.

Miami 5-4 The dolphins are surging. They are on the uprising offense and defense. They whooped us before and could very possibly do it again. This one for me is a coin toss leaning more toward Buffalo because Miami doesn't usually play well in Buffalo during the winter. I'll go ahead and give this to the bills even though I am not convinced.

@Jets 3-7 ahh yes the meaningless last game of the season that is playing Buffalo for years and years. If we count all the wins thus far in the second half of the this puts Buffalo at a measly 7-8. At this point who cares if they win or lose. We are all thinking about the draft anyway. Should have tank the season when we had the chance so that we could get better draft picks.

There you have it folks. Another year without the playoffs. But this shouldn't be a shocker and we should be used to it. We still love our Bills and will root for them until the end because there is always next year.

trapezeus
11-14-2016, 01:29 PM
jags game could be us playing them with marrone as head coach. no doubt he comes back here and puts down an epic beatdown with nathanal Hackett running up 50+ points in a single game. we are told that it was just communication errors that we'd like to cleanup by January....2024.

YardRat
11-14-2016, 01:36 PM
Not too many posters expected the playoffs this season anyway.

Joe Fo Sho
11-14-2016, 01:42 PM
Why the hype of an so called "easy" or manageable schedule?
Who is 'hyped' about our schedule?

BillsFanCupp38
11-14-2016, 02:08 PM
National media is making a big deal about it and also Buffalo media.

Joe Fo Sho
11-14-2016, 03:12 PM
National media is making a big deal about it and also Buffalo media.
Ah, I never pay attention to those guys anyway. I don't think anyone on this board is thinking about the playoffs. I know that you can't 'lose' during your bye week, but we probably came as close as we could to doing that. Every single outcome but the Steelers game was bad for our playoff hopes. The Ravens, Chiefs, Titans, Texans, Broncos, and Dolphins all won. If the Bengals win tonight, that would make us 1 for 8 during our off week.

Mouldsie
11-14-2016, 03:22 PM
Acquire draft picks in 2018. This is the only way out of the darkness. We need a franchise QB and IMO have to hope that perhaps Josh Rosen is the one, then go get him.

Ingtar33
11-14-2016, 05:50 PM
I said 9-7 was the ABSOLUTE max this team could pull out of the schedule this year. I predicted 8-8, and they're the exact 4-5 I predicted at this point in the season. They'll probably be 8-8 by the end, unless we go on one heck of a run. I can see 5 possible wins out of the last 7, if we get REALLY lucky and somehow take down the steelers, we could go 6-1. But I doubt we'll get that lucky. We'll probably end up 4-3 over the last 7 and slide into the predicted 8-8 I said way back in February.

Mace
11-14-2016, 07:58 PM
Acquire draft picks in 2018. This is the only way out of the darkness. We need a franchise QB and IMO have to hope that perhaps Josh Rosen is the one, then go get him.

Same as not expecting the playoffs, don't expect them to go after a QB the fans crave instead of one who fits what they want. They'll be content with Cardale another year as their possible QB of the future.

Mr. Pink
11-14-2016, 08:45 PM
False hope.

I think everyone here realizes, barring running the table, that the Bills have no playoff shot right now.

But play up the story and you might get some people to buy in and still be excited for the rest of the season. Being optimistic drives TV ratings, ticket sales and merchandise.

SpikedLemonade
11-15-2016, 05:35 AM
False hope.

I think everyone here realizes, barring running the table, that the Bills have no playoff shot right now.

But play up the story and you might get some people to buy in and still be excited for the rest of the season. Being optimistic drives TV ratings, ticket sales and merchandise.

AND Brandon nods his head and a stupid smirk appears on his soulless face.

Victor7
11-15-2016, 10:39 AM
The only thing that "easy" sched is going to accomplish is give the homer fans some false hope for next season and guarantee at least another year of Whaley-Ryan ball.

But we are not going to the playoffs. That requires winning out or a 5-1 finish. Neither of those is happening. In fact a 4-3 is the most likely outcome to land us at yet another mediocre 8-8

BillsOwnAll
11-15-2016, 11:48 AM
It doesn't matter anymore. If we win out we still maybe wouldn't make the playoffs. That would be a very Bills thing to do though ... go 11-5 and miss the playoffs

feldspar
11-15-2016, 02:09 PM
Same as not expecting the playoffs, don't expect them to go after a QB the fans crave instead of one who fits what they want. They'll be content with Cardale another year as their possible QB of the future.

Go back to your old avatar, Mace...I implore you!