PDA

View Full Version : Kordell Can't Take The Heat?

BillsFever
07-28-2003, 01:48 PM
In the NFL, the position of quarterback requires a unique personality. He must be able to handle an inordinate amount of pressure, calmly searching a swirling ant farm of players while teetering in the midst of a typhoon that threatens to drop 300-pound man-trees on his head at any given moment.

Though the jury's still out on whether Kordell Stewart will be able to navigate this mine field in his new home of Chicago, he first has to show that he can deal with the off-field scrutiny that goes with the high-rent territory he occupies as a starting NFL quarterback.

Based on his recent comments as to rumors regarding his mastery (or lack thereof) of the Bears offense, we don't think Kordell can take the heat.

"No one's out here playing and no one's out here doing that stuff so it's all he said, she said," Stewart recently "snapped" in response to questions regarding those rumors, which coincidentally originated on this site. (Side question for Kordell: Who's the "she"?)

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said of the scuttlebutt. "I don't get caught up in that stuff. I play the game and I do this for a living. The game is played out here, not on the Internet, not on the sidelines, not with the fans, and not with [the media], but on the football field."

http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm